Mouse problems with TI boot disk

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by culprit622, Mar 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. culprit622

culprit622 Registered Member

Hi!

Since upgrading to the new v.10 build, my mouse won't work properly with a newly created bootable disk. The curser will move up and down, but not side to side. I have to use keyboard commands. Any ideas?

Thanks!

2. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

What is your mouse?

What computer are you using it on?

If it's a Logitec cordless mouse, use a different mouse (PS/2 or USB plug in).

3. culprit622

Dell P4 3 GHz
    1 GB RAM
    XP Home SP2
    MS Comfort Optical Mouse 3000 (USB)

In short, the same system I was using when the mouse worked correctly prior to upgrading to, and creating a bootable disk with, the latest TI build.

4. aggronix

aggronix Registered Member

The same here. TI10 Build 4942. My mouse (Logi, cordless) is jumping all over the screen. But I must say it's quite easy to work with the keyboard. Sorry I have no help but you are not alone :D regards - aggronix.

5. shieber

shieber Registered Member

Did you try this:

when the screen come up to select Full or Safe mode, use the tab key to move the cursor over to the command line. AFter the word "Quiet" that's already there, space over and type in "usbmouse=off" without the quotes. then tab down to the OK/enter key and press eneter. Then select Full mode.

You mouse will probably work fine with this workaround.

6. culprit622

I'll give that a try. Thanks.

7. Givmeabrek

Givmeabrek Registered Member

Same here. Mine's a logitech cordless. I have to switch to a USB. I think it's called progress. ;)

8. culprit622

What I can't figure out is, why/how everything worked fine until I used a bootable CD created from the latest build.o_O

9. culprit622

Hopefully we'll get it worked out somehow, aggronix.:thumb:

10. shieber

It's those darned linux drivers on the BootCD. Without the linux usb mouse driver, the mouse works fine.

11. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello culprit622, aggronix and Givmeabrek,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Could you please try booting with "quite usbmouse=off" parameter?

- Boot your computer from the Acronis True Image 10.0 Home Bootable CD created with build 4942 and press F11 key when the selection screen advising you to select either "Full", "Safe" or "Boot into Windows" option appears.

- After you get the "Linux kernel command line" prompt, modify the line so it would be "quiet usbmouse=off", click on the OK button then and choose "Full Version".

If this does not help, please create Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach the collected file to your request along with the exact model and vendor of the mouse you use and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Last edited: Apr 4, 2007
  12. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

Because the track record for this software has always been this way - some bugs get fixed new ones get created. When you find a version/build that works for you stay with it.

13. shieber

No, that's not it. This prob has been around for quite a while. It didn't show up for this fellow until he booted from the Boot CD because the problem has to do with the linux drivers the boot CD uses -- they muck up some USB mice that work perfectly well without the linux usb mouse drivers.

It's a common enough problem, I've always thought that there should be a button on the boot up screen that says, "If your mouse is not moving the pointer normally in all directions, click here." which would then load the usbmouse=off parameter for you.

14. Bob Anderson

Bob Anderson Registered Member

Will this work with TI 9 build 3854?

I have very similar flakey mouse problems using a corded Logitech MX 510 mouse.

-Bob

15. Neoxellos

Neoxellos Registered Member

Thanks, but most of us know about this workaround allready. Next question is: When will it be fixed?
    As shieber mentioned, this one is around for quite some time now and it's iritating. TrueImage 8 never had this problem. At least not for me.

16. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

As well there are a bunch of other commands that could be selected by tick boxes rather than trying to remember arcane commands - oops, forgot the Linux people enjoy typing things like that.

After you find out what ticked boxes you require you can then enter the data into the rescue media builder and it will then create an appropriately customized version of the boot CD so you don't have to tick the boxes anymore.

I'll now have to have a rest after coming up with brilliant ideas like that! :D

17. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello everyone,

Please note that we are including fixes for most of the know issues into each new build of Acronis Products. There are also workarounds for certain issues that was not included into the latest build. We will certainly do our best in order to provide you with the good and reliable software.

Should the solution provided in post 11 not help you to solve the issue, please collect the requested information and submit a request for technical support. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

18. garyb5000

garyb5000 Registered Member

Hi, I am a brand new user of True Image having just downloaded the trial version 10.0 (build 4,942). The first thing I did (before even attempting a backup) was to create a bootable recovery disk and make sure I can boot from it. So my first experience is this flaky mouse problem.

I found this thread on the forum which describes my problem exactly and the get-around (which worked for me), but it is disapointing to see how old these previous posts are (several year old) and the fact that the bug is still not fixed!

I know bugs are a fact of life, but my test will probably be the first thing that any experienced user will try, and it doesnt give a very good impression of the software, or how long it takes to resolve such a basic problem.

I have read such positive reviews of the software that I will continue my evaluation (for a while at least).

19. garyb5000

garyb5000 Registered Member

My apologies for my comment about how long this problem has been around. I was looking at the previous posters join dates and not the post date! Stupid me!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.