Universal Restore and HP Proliant Smart Array P400

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by sandersona, Mar 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sandersona

sandersona Registered Member

Has anyone successfully migrated a Win2000 server from a HP proliant using a smart array scsi card to a HP proliant using a smart array P400 sas/sata controller using the universal restore?

I can add the correct driver during the restore phase but is does not get added to the image causing an inaccessible boot device blue screen.

Win2003 works but upon inspection within device manager win2003 is using a generic raid driver and not the driver I selected during the restore phase.

Is this supported by acronis?

thanks in advance.

ASanderson.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello sandersona,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Corporate Disk Backup Software.

Please clarify, what version and build of Acronis True Image are you using? You can find the full version name and build number by going to Help -> About... menu in the main program window.

Please make sure you are using the latest correct drivers for your particular RAID for Windows 2000 server.

Please confirm that you are getting the window of the Restore Wizard which allows you to select "Use Acronis Universal Restore" or "Do not use Acronis Universal Restore" when you boot your computer from Acronis True Image Bootable CD created with Acronis Universal Restore plug-in installed (check the chapter "Using Acronis Universal Restore" of the respective Acronis True Image User's Guide for details).

If the issue persists, please collect some information to let us investigate it thoroughly:

Please do the following to collect Windows registry data from the target system (that is, the system to which the image was restored):
    - Boot the computer under consideration from Acronis Bootable Rescue Media;
    - Create files/folders backup of \Windows\System32\Config folder.

Please perform the same operation with the source system.

So, we need two Windows registry exports: from source system and from target system.

Please also create Acronis Report on the target machine the way described below:

- Download and run Acronis Report Utility;
    - Select the "Create Bootable Floppy" option;
    - Insert a blank floppy disk in the A: drive and proceed with creation of the bootable floppy;
    - Boot the computer from this diskette and wait for report creation process to finish;
    - Collect the report file from the floppy.

Please create file/folders backup of \windows\Minidump folder on the target machine.

Please also make a shot of the BSOD with a digital camera.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

3. sandersona

sandersona Registered Member

I managed to complete the migration by going from a DL580G2 to a DL380G5 p400 controller installing the latest HP support pack and then migrating from the DL380G5 to the DL580G4.

The universal restore is not working when migrating from a DL580G2 to a DL580G4 with a P400 controller as I still get a blue sceen.

4. nader_h

nader_h Registered Member

Hey I have the same problem but with windows 2000 server

but i dont have with windows 2003 just get the right driver from the hp website cause I used the Hp smartstart Cd Driver and gave me a problem with the universal restore

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello sandersona and nader_h,

Please see my answer in this thread.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.