Serial Number - Amazon.co.uk - How do I get?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by derek26, Mar 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. derek26

derek26 Registered Member

I really need some help / advice on how to obtain my Serial Number for TI10. I purchased a boxed version from Amazon.co.uk but the number is not on the box or CDROM. As you know - without this I can't even install the software or register the product with Acronis!

2. glowboy

glowboy Registered Member

Return it to Amazon as it is a defective shipment. Ask them for an RMA #.

3. derek26

Thanks for coming back so quickly but this does not really help.

Obviously to get to the CDROM I have opened the packaging which invalidates return (or so they say).

I have purchased this software fair and square from a very large and valid website and therefore I should be able to use the software. The CDROM installs (up to a point) and therefore there is not a fault with the disc.

I just want to know how to get my legal serial number! Surely this is something Acronis has to deal with over and over? If not, they shouldn't sell fully-fledged software to resellers!

4. Ralphie

Ralphie Registered Member

Up to what point did it install? Can you get to the Help/About? The serial number might be there.

5. derek26

No - Unfortunately it does not get past the initial licence agreement (tick YES) and then the Serial Number request. There I am stuck.
    I have read that it is a 25 letter/number code and it is not on the box or on my Invoice from Amazon.
    Thanks for taking the trouble

6. sterlingtimes

sterlingtimes Registered Member

I got my copy from Amazon UK a week or so ago.

I couldn't see the number at first.

There should be a book in the CD case. It has eight pages.

The serial number is printed at the bottom of page 8.

If you don't have the book, then you will need to go back to Amazon.

7. Ralphie

Ralphie Registered Member

Dang! I wonder whose brilliant idea it was to put it all the way into page 8! :thumbd: It should at least be on the inside front cover if not on the cover itself.

8. derek26

Oh well done, well done, well done!!!! I have been at this all day!!!!!! I read the pdf. file back-to-front so didn't bother reading the booklet too far!! Thanks so much.

9. sterlingtimes

sterlingtimes Registered Member

Derek, it took me over an hour so don't think that you're alone.

Because I had used a trial download first, I got into hellish trouble getting the Amazon copy to register. That did take many hours to resolve.

Try not to install the Amazon copy without uninstalling the trial first.

When you get past all of the entry barriers, it's a really good product.

I hope that this goes well for you.

Stephen

10. Tamerz

Tamerz Registered Member

Where did you find it? I bought the retail box from Amazon.com and there is nothing inside but a CD in a paper sleeve, a coupon for $30 off Disk Director, and a registration card. There is no book of any kind.

11. prius04

prius04 Registered Member

I don't know how they package the product in the UK but I bought ATI 10 from Newegg in the U.S. and all I got was a small, single-folded sheet (basically, a quick start guide) with the serial number printed on the very bottom of the back page. I can see where it would be quite easy for that little sheet to be misplaced or overlooked. Anyway, that guide *should* be somewhere in the box.

12. Tamerz

Tamerz Registered Member

No, it is not there. And in fact, I happend to go back and look at the product on Amazon's site and someone posted the exact same problem in their review only one day before me. I think they have a bad batch of boxes.

13. mfabien

mfabien Registered Member

...you should be able to return this to Amazon.

14. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

Don't panic.

I obtained Acronis 9 at Amazon UK and the serial number was printed on the back of a "Quick Start" booklet.

Unfortunately this was not accepted during the install as it stated the serial was already registered.

BUT all you need to do is to contact support, stating the date of purchase and

I was then good to go and successfully updated for free to the new version ( I was within the necessary time frame).

15. Merlynn

Merlynn Registered Member

I purchased a retail copy of Acronis True Image 10 from Amazon UK, both CD and quick start booklet came in a DVD case, the serial number was printed at the bottom of the back page of the booklet, and very easy to find,

Merlynn

16. Tamerz

Tamerz Registered Member

I don't even have a case. It is just a paper sleeve with the CD in it.

17. prius04

prius04 Registered Member

That's all I got as well; just the CD in a paper sleeve. The Quick Start guide was in the box, however, and it had the proper serial number for ATI 10 on the bottom of the back page.

I think you're on to something when you wrote 'they must have a bad batch of boxes' because another member here got an ATI boxed product with a serial number for Disk Director instead of True Image.

I'd say if you don't get an immediate response from Acronis on this issue, then go the "mfabien route"; return the product to Amazon. Tell them it's defective.....there should be no charge for a replacement or else you could request a full refund. If you decide to do the latter, Newegg offers a downloadable version of ATI 10 for $31.90.

Frankly, if I knew the boxed product wasn't the latest build, I would have gone for the downloadable version. It makes little sense to buy the boxed product when the CD inside contains something less than the latest build and you need to download a 100 MB file in order to get the latest.

18. dougeeebear

dougeeebear Registered Member

Does anyone know what you get if you actually buy TI from Acronis (or can you even buy it from them)?
    Their "Update" and "Buy Now" links just hang when you click on them.

19. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

Yes you can actually buy it from them. The links just worked for me. You get a download through digital river. Newegg has downloads also available at http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1681528708SF for the full version for $29.99 or the updgrade http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1681531211SF for $19.99.

20. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Tamerz and everyone interested,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Tamerz, please note that in order to solve the issue it would be better to contact Acronis Support Team via e-mail and provide the following information about your purchase of Acronis software:

- Order number;

- E-mail, which you used to make a purchase;

- Where did you purchase our product;

- Provide us with your invoice or receipt.

To send that above information please use this form. We will investigate the issue and try to provide you with a solution.

dougeeebear, please note that as thomasjk mentioned you can purchase instant download version of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home on Acronis on-line store.

Should you experience a problem with making an order or have any pre-sales questions, please feel free to visit our Live Chat. Live Chat operators will assist you in solving pre-sales issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

21. dougeeebear

Aleksandr,
    The download links do not work, and have not worked for some time here in Tennessee.
    The browser just hangs "waiting for shop.acronis.com..."

Doug

22. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

Well on the other side of the mountains in NC they are fine. Try tracert to see where the problem is. I get 54ms to shop-acronis.wip.digitalriver.com.

23. dougeeebear

Actually I'm not in the market for TI 10 right now because TI 9 works beautifully for me.
    I just thought support should be aware of it.
    I'll let them do the troubleshooting :)

Last edited: May 28, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.