extremely technical restoration question

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by the c.e.o., Oct 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the c.e.o.

the c.e.o. Registered Member

ok i have a very technical question here. ok i have both ghost and true image 10 (although i only use ti10). both products work well but i like ti10 better. ok now i have backups of 2 different machines one a compaq and the other a gateway. the reason for me turning to ghost and now ti is because i had no recovery discs and couldnt even get them from the manufactures as i was told the no longer made the ones i need for my machines. i also had now windows setup discs so i had no means of restoring at all. each time a machine crashed i would have to send them in and pay to have them restored so i got ghost and then ti which brings me to the main question. with both ghost and ti i have to insert the discs last one first and select the options and what not for restoring which isnt a problem for me since i know how to use to program but one of the machines belongs to my mother and she really dont know how the program works so when her machine goes down i have to make some time to go over there and run the restore as im a busy person sometimes she is with out a working machine for up to a week at a time is there a way to make a special restore disc that works like an oem restore disc does where ya just insert the disc press say the space bar and press say the "1" key and the process starts on its own with out having to choose where the backup is and the options for restoring it? and help would be greatly appreciated

2. Ralphie

Ralphie Registered Member

There is a way to do what you want with Ghost also but it is so long ago I did it that I would not be able to describe the steps. True Image will also do it - I believe there's a whole topic covering the subject. Try searching the forum.

3. the c.e.o.

the c.e.o. Registered Member

nobody else has any ideas? ive looked all over but havent found much,

4. Ralphie

Ralphie Registered Member

Maybe a Google search will show how to do it with Ghost.

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello the c.e.o.,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please notice that when backing up to a removable media you can add an option “Acronis One-Click Restore” to the image. It will allow automatic restoration of the to the original place by booting with the backup image media and clicking “Restore” button, no other questions asked. You can set this option at Tools -> Options -> Default Backup Options -> Media Components.
    Please also have a look at this previous thread describing some Acronis One-Click Restore peculiarities.

Please refer to chapter 5.3.8 of the respective User's Guide for more details.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.