Acronis TI Build 3854 - Blank Screen, USB & No Shares Accessible

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by mma8108, Jan 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mma8108

mma8108 Registered Member

I am running into a host of small issues with running Acrnois TI bootable CD (build 3854). Please note that these errors do not occur on other machines, rather the new Dell Optiplex 740's that I'm trying to deploy...go figure.

1. Boot successfully to Acronis TI from CD. However, after clicking on Acronis True Image Workstation with Acronis Universal Restore (Full Version), I get the Acronis True Image Workstation splash screen, then nothing (blank screen). I've read some forum threads and found that by hitting F11 I can enter "quiet acpi-off noapic", and this allows me to get to the Backup process (and the next problem...see #2).

2. After choosing Backup, I go through the wizard to backup up the internal SATA drive. At the Backup Archive Location, two things don't happen (which should). The legacy external USB drive that I'm trying to backup TO, is not recognized. This may be an issue with Acronis, because Windows CAN recognize the drive (while in windows). With that problem, I decide to backup to a network share, which leads us to issue #3.

3. At the Backup Archive Location, I go to a machine on our network that has a network share on it. I've used this network share BEFORE to backup TI images, so I know it's worked in the past. However, the backup wizard in TI CAN see the machine, along with all the other machines, BUT CANNOT see a share. BTW, I've got the share open to EVERYONE, FULL permissions.

I'm working on using Ghost until/unless someone can help.

Thanks,

Michael

2. mma8108

After failing to connect to an external (legacy) hard drive and network share, I went and got a BRAND NEW 250 GB external hard drive. From one machine (my source) I was able to create an image file on the external hard drive.

However, after plugging in the USB external drive to the target machine, Acronis TI does not recognize it. It does though, now recognize the CD/DVD drive.

What's up with this softwareo_O?

Michael

3. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello Michael,

Re detection of the external HD. Can you confirm that the external USB HD was connected and switched on prior to booting into TI from the rescue CD?

Regards

4. mma8108

Both USB drives - the legacy (Lacie) and the newer 250 GB external drive -were both powered on and connected when the machine booted.

Upon further troubleshooting the matter, I went to the BIOS and turned off any USB floppy support. While this did not allow me to see the USB drives initially, I found that if I went through the BACKUP wizard, cancelled and then went through the RESTORE wizard, the USB drives were recognized. If I went initially to the RESTORE wizard, without going through the BACKUP wizard, it doesn't.

The wizards - both BACKUP and RESTORE - easily found my USB thumb drive with no problem, as well as my hard drive. What has been flakey about this product, is its ability to see a network share or external USB hard drives and the CD.

I've used this product before with no problem until trying it on the Dell Optiplex 740.

Michael

5. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Thanks for the confirmation plus additional info Michael. Interesting senario you have there with your Dell Optiplex 740!! o_O

Think you now need to raise a tech query with support@acronis.com as per the advice given in the Forum sticky titiled <PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU POST>.

Regards

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello mma8108,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Workstation Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please make sure you are using the latest build (3854) of both Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation and Universal Restore for Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation. To get access to updates you should first register your software.

If updating does not solve the issues:

For accessing network share try specifying the full path to the desired computer in the "File name" edit box, e.g. \\server\share.

For accessing the legacy external USB drive try using “quiet acpi=off noapic nousb2”.

If the issue remains, please collect some information to help us investigate the problem thoroughly and provide you with a solution:

Please create Acronis Report and Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post. Please keep your external USB hard drive connected while creating Acronis Report and Linux system information. Also provide the exact vendor and model of the network card and hard drives you use.

If you not able to create Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) then please do the following:

- Boot your computer from the Acronis True Image 10.0 Home Bootable CD and press F11 key when the selection screen advising you to select either "Full", "Safe" or "Boot into Windows" option appears;
    - After you get the "Linux kernel command line" prompt, remove the word "quiet", click on the OK button then and choose "Full Version".

When the screen stop scrolling please write down the output information you receive (last 5 lines), or use a digital camera to make shots of the output screens. You can use Shift+PgUp and Shift+PgDn keys to scroll the screen manually.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information along with step-by-step description of actions that led you to this issue to your request and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.