Errors during daily incremental backup

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by rictus, Jan 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rictus

rictus Registered Member

Hi,

I've been using Acronis True Image Home 10.0 for a few weeks now, and I have a daily incremental backup scheduled (I originally started with a differential backup, but switched to an incremental backup).

Most days it works fine, but once a week or so I get errors from the backup. The errors look like this:

Failed to backup file or folder 'C:\DownloadLog.txt'.
    Error reading the file. (0x40001)
    Tag = 0x61F1883FE50B0A2F
    (0x1003EB)
    Tag = 0x14181C22EF45AC00

I can't find any pattern to the files it happens with--they're mostly different files each time (though it's happened twice to a few of the same files), and they're mostly old files that are definitely not currently in use.

Also, at the beginning of every backup, before it locks the partitions, I get four or five copies of this error in the log:

Error opening the file. (0x40007)
    Tag = 0xF35F747B3B21FAC3

That doesn't seem to affect the backup, though.

Has anyone seen these problems?

Thanks,

nj

2. drl13

drl13 Registered Member

Hi rictus
    Really sorry I can't help you - just to let you know that I've had exactly the same problem with TI9 and am absolutely sick of the ineffective support offered by Acronis. It was early December that I started an email exchange with Acronis Support, so far to no avail...
    And it looks like you're getting as little support on this forum as I did early December. <snipped>

Edited to remove unecessary emotive remark. I've left the remainder of your post but it was a close run thing. Merely bashing Acronis and their product doesn't move the problem forward - Menorcaman

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2007
  3. drl13

drl13 Registered Member

Have downloaded trial version of TI10 - same problem. <snipped>

Edited to remove emotive remark. Again it did nothing to move the problem forward - Menorcaman

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2007
  4. rictus

rictus Registered Member

Haven't heard anything, but I wonder if the culprit could be McAfee VirusScan. I just found out about an unrelated problem where it interferes with MySQL. Perhaps it locks files while it's scanning them. If so, it's kind of a pain, as I'll have to switch to running manual backups (so I can disable VS manually beforehand).

5. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

File locks should not affect backups - not even for "file" backup mode.

What happens if you schedule with McAfee disabled.

F.

6. aussiegtc

aussiegtc Registered Member

Try turning off the Phising Filter in McAfee - this seems to have worked for me - although I have a suspicion the problem is still "lurking" about (maybe I've just been lucky not to see the errors now - it is hit and miss). There did however seem to be a link between McAfee's Privacy Suite updates and the failures...

I have an open ticket with Acronis and I'll post here if I hear anything back from them (last status was the issue was passed to the development team).

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello rictus,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please download the latest version of Acronis drivers, install it and see if the problem still persists.

If that does not help, please do the following to collect additional information that will help us to investigate this issue thoroughly and provide you with a possible workaround:

- Replace C:\WINDOWS\system32\snapapi.dll with the one from the downloaded SnapAPI archive;
    - Reproduce the problem;
    - Get the log file without closing any application windows (including the error message windows if there are any). The log file will be created at C:\ . The name of the log file will be snapapi [date-time].log.

Please make a screen shot of the Device Tree application the way described in this previous post.

Collect the logs of the failed operations:

- run the program;
    - select Show log on the toolbar or from the Tools menu;
    - select the log with error messages;
    - click "Save the log entry to file" (the diskette icon).

Please also create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Last edited: Jan 30, 2007
  8. spleenwort

spleenwort Registered Member

I get the same problem. I have Zone Alarm. What would be appreciated from Technical Support would be a listing of common causes of this error message:
    Error reading the file. (0x40001)

9. shieber

shieber Registered Member

Which version of ZA? I'm running ZAS 7.0.337 and ATI 10 4942 and haven't had any problems between the two. ZAS is pretty finicky about how you install it (Win safe mode seems best) but after that, it seems run pretty solidly and ATI has performed quite nicely. In fact, several times when the prior build of ZAS 7 was mucking things up, I used ATI to restore my drive. That was faster than manually unistalling a mucked up ZAS instal.

10. spleenwort

Thanks for the tip Shieber. I did upgrade to latest version of ZAS. Still have the problem.

11. sbrinkmann

sbrinkmann Registered Member

I have the same problem (see this post) and I use Kaspersky Internet Security. I cannot believe that this is due to the firewall or anti virus tool. Because 1. the message doesn't appear then I perform a backup to a local harddrive and 2. the backup works correctly.

Sebastian

12. spleenwort

Sebastian,
    I agree with you. I uninstalled Zone Alarm and Spyware Doctor. I installed the trialware version of Norton 360 and I still have the problem. So unless there is a known issue of ATI and ALL security software packages it suggests the bug lies elsewhere.
    Keith

13. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello spleenwort,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

To provide you with a solution and the information on what cases the issue, please collect the information requested by Marat in post 7. Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the link to this thread.

In addition, please check each partition of your hard drive by Windows utility:

- Start -> Run, then enter the command "chkdsk DISK: /r"

where DISK is the partition letter you need to check. Please note that you will need to reboot your computer in order to scan the system partition.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

14. head

head Registered Member

Hi all,
    Good News!
    I have the sam error. And I can reproduce this warning. :rolleyes:
    I have a German version of Acronis True Image Home 10.0 (build 4'942)

Make a new mydata backup task white vollbackup from D:\temp
    Go to the D: Drive white + and do not select or doppelclick any Drive!
    Select \temp\
    next
    ..... OK

Test this task - work fine!

Edit this Task
    Controll settings for D:\temp
    Now click and select on your drive E: or C:
    Deselect this Drive

next
    ..... OK

Test this task - work but ... you have this Warning:
    Error opening the file. (0x40007)
    Tag = 0xF35F747B3B21FAC3

If you have a XML-editor (or text-editor) you can see the issus:
    Go to this path and search for your task (last time edit)
    (German Version) C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\All Users\Anwendungsdaten\Acronis\TrueImage\Scripts\
    Open this file NUMEBR.tib.tis
    Code:
    <files><include>
    					D:\Temp\
    				</include>
    				<exclude>
    					E:\
    				</exclude></files>

Drive e: is exclude! But noting of this drive is selected!
    Thats all! You can edit the XML file and then work (But not recommendet edit this File!)
    Delete the old task and make a new task but not Select any Drive!

Have a nice day!
    Stefan

15. Backitup

Backitup Registered Member

Hi Stefan,

wärst Du so nett und erklärst das noch mal auf Deutsch?
    Ich habe auch diese Meldung Datei xyz kann nicht während eines
    Daten Backups gelesen werden.
    Welche Datei das dann ist, bekommt man auch nicht über die Pro-
    tokollfunktion heraus. o_O

Vielen Dank

Gruß
    Maik

16. head

head Registered Member

Hallo Maik,
    Hoffe nicht, dass die jetzt über uns herfallen mit Deutsch in einem Englishen Forum :cool:

Eigentlich ist es ganz simpel.
    Der Fehler passiert beim Erstellen eines Tasks im Fenster "Auswahl der Quelldateien". Wenn du dort z.B. Laufwerk E: selektierst und anschliessend wieder deselektierst erhälst du genau diesen Fehler.

Der Grund ist, dass LW E: nicht wirklich in der config wegdefiniert ist sondern LW E: als ausgeschlossen makiert wird. Das ist dieser Teil "<exclude> E:\ </exclude>" im Config File.

Bei mir liegen die Config Files hier C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\All Users\Anwendungsdaten\Acronis\TrueImage\Scripts\
    Die Files heissen z.B. A7D8F23F-2813-4B16-87BD-D92623224EE9.tib.tis und sind XML Files. Die kannst du mit "XML Notepad 2007" (gratis von Microsoft Download) oder zur Not auch mit jedem Texteditor ansehen oder edieren (Auf eigene Verantwortung!)

Beheben kannst du das so:
    Variante1. Task löschen und neu anlegen ohne auf das E: zu Klicken.

Variante2. Task Editieren. Deselektiere alles mit einem Klick auf das Arbeitsplatz Viereck (es darf nicht mehr grau sein). Selektiere deine Dateien neu. Aber nicht schon wieder die falschen Laufwerke o_O

Variante3. Edit Config File (Auf eigene Verantwortung!) Du musst jetzt nur noch herausfinden welches das Richtige Config File ist und Beispiel! <exclude> E:\ </exclude> Beispiel! entfernen.

Bestehende Backup verlierst du bei allen drei Varianten nicht.
    Hoffe das hilft weiter!
    Vieleicht muss ich Acronis Support mal einen Tip geben. Es ist definitiv kein Fehler auf der HD!

Gruss Stefan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.