Error E000101F4: Acronis*True*Image*Home

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by mfontanez, Dec 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mfontanez

mfontanez Registered Member

For some reason, I started getting this error, "E000101F4: Acronis*True*Image*Home has not found any hard disk drives". I have been using TI for several months to backup my system without errors. Today, I started getting this error. Any ideas?

2. Ralphie

Ralphie Registered Member

Version and build? You must have changed something for it not to work now. By chance, have you switched to a wireless keyboard or mouse or added any usb hubs?

3. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Or downloaded and installed an MS update.

Colin

4. Genesis

Genesis Registered Member

Something recent has done this to me too.

I may have to uninstall and reinstall TI10. A "Repair" did NOT fix it.

5. martinlest

martinlest Registered Member

I have been abroad for some months and have just started up Acronis (v9.3677). I also get an error message saying Acronis cannot find any hard disk drives. What is going on? It was fine when I left it before I went away. If there were no hard drives ...

Martin

6. martinlest

Reinstalled Acronis - with the latest build this time (3854). I still get the 'can't find hard disks" error message. Please help.

M.

7. Ralphie

Ralphie Registered Member

Make the bootable Rescue CD, boot with it and see if you get the same thing.

8. martinlest

Well, I uninstalled Acronis again, then took out references remaining in the registry and reinstalled the current build. Now the error message has disappeared.

Not sure what the error message was supposed to signify - the programme went ahead OK anyway as far as I could see, listing the drives available...

Martin

9. Eagletail

Eagletail Registered Member

Martin, can you please tell me where the registry references may be found? I'm having the same problems as everyone else here. Thanks.

Best,
    Mark Ledingham

10. martinlest

Mark,

Obviously make a backup of the registry (using System Restore) before you delete anything.

I searched the registry for the words Acronis (as I have no other software installed by them), TrueImage and True Image and deleted everything I found (best to select the option to serach keys only) - after uninstalling True Image via 'Add-Remove Programs' of course. Then I rebooted and reinstalled the latest build of Acronis. I don't get the error message now and things seem to work fine.

M.

11. technetron

technetron Registered Member

I'm having the same problem. But, mine occurred after I did a recovery. I too reinstalled the program with no luck, but I haven't started editing the registry. Aaaaargh! After other problems, I'm about to give up on True Image and just rebuild my crashed disk the old way: re-install all the programs and use the data that I saved without using True Image backup.

Curious: Will we ever start saying "I won't take it any longer" when it comes to software that doesn't install correctly and is riddled with errors.

I know that's the norm in the computer industry . . . but unless consumers start to speak up, the PC will continue to be the most unfriendly, unreliable, and error-prone appliance in the home and in the office. (Wonder how long this message will last before it is deleted?)

12. martinlest

I found, when I did get the error message, if I just clicked 'OK' Acronis went on to find my hard drives with no problem. Is that not your case too then?

Martin

13. technetron

Thanks for the suggestion; I just tried clicking "OK" and using True Image. Unfortunately, when I click on any of the menu options, I keep getting the cannot find disk message over and over.

14. technetron

Just to let people know: I cannot even get into Acronis True Image backup from the original CD version now. It says a file cannot be found..... Wait. This is Acronis' own CD. ?!? (And, no, the CD is not dirty or scratched.) I'm dropping out of this thread, now.

15. martinlest

Given that this is not freeware, maybe someone from Acronis should come in on this at this stage! What is going on? It's possible that the fault lies with each individual's PC, but the problem needs sorting out. What's the point of a backup utility if it isn't reliable?

M

16. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello everyone,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please note that most likely the reason for this issue is related to Acronis Drivers (SnapAPI drivers). It could happen that during the installation some third-party software has blocked access to the registry and prevented Acronis Drivers from installing correctly or after the installation of the Acronis Software some software that locks the drives before Acronis True Image does was installed. In order to solve the issue, please download the latest version of Acronis drivers, unpack the archive, install unpacked MSI package and see if the problem persists.

If the issue persists, please do the following:

- Replace C:\WINDOWS\system32\snapapi.dll with the one from the downloaded SnapAPI archive;

- Reproduce the issue and collect the log file;

- Get the log file without closing any application windows (including the error message windows if there are any). The log file will be created at C:\ . The name of the log file will be snapapi [date-time].log

Please make a screen shot of the Device Tree application the way described in this previous post of mine. Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Please also be aware that the Acronis Drivers are related to Acronis True Image in Windows environment and it does not affect the Acronis True Image Bootable CD functionality. If you have received similar error message when booted from Acronis True Image Bootable CD, first of all, please make sure that the Bootable CD is created using the latest build of the appropriate version of Acronis True Image (to get access to updates you should first register your software).

If you already using the latest build, that please create Acronis Report and Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post, provide the exact vendor and model of the hard drive controller and hard drives you use and submit a request for technical support. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Last edited: Feb 19, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.