I get the following error:with Dell Optiplex 320

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by danyxxl0, Dec 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. danyxxl0

danyxxl0 Registered Member

System Used: Dell Optiplex 320
    Hard Disk: 80G gig
    Mouse: USB
    Keyboard: USB

I am Receiving the same message when using Acronis Rescue 9.1build 3854
    with true image workstation universal restore full version
    I get the following error:

Loading, Please Wait
    usb-ohci.c USB HC Takeover Failed!
    Trying to vfree() nonexistent vm area (f8a93000)

Also when trying it through the safe made my network does not show up.
    Does anyone have the fix for this?

2. paulsiu

paulsiu Registered Member

I am getting the same error when I run the recovery disc. Not sure why, it used to work. I am running a Toshiba 1805-S207

Paul

3. Ralphie

Ralphie Registered Member

Some usb devices are known to cause problems for TI. Does this Dell have standard keyboard and mouse ports?

4. crunchcrunch

crunchcrunch Registered Member

I have the exact same system with the exact same problem. Acronis tech support has given me numerous "solutions", but none have worked up to this point. They have now offered to refund my money for the purchase of True Image Workstation 9.1

This is very disappointing to learn that Acronis wishes to refund my money rather than fix the issue with their software. And from this forum, I see many other users are experiencing this same issue.

Does anyone have a work around or even better...a guaranteed fix for this?

Thanks

5. Rushfan2112

Rushfan2112 Registered Member

I am getting the exact same error (with the Dell Optiplex 320) trying to boot to the TI 9.0 &/or 9.1 GUI. The 320 has an ATI chipset vs the Intel chipsets that have been in the previous Dell models I have experience with (210L, GX520, GX620, etc.) I am wondering if this may be part of the issue.

Acronis advised me to turn off the USB controller, of course the Optiplex 320 doesn't have PS/2 ports so the Keyboard & mouse wouldn't function if I did that so that was basically worthless advice. Anyone have any suggestions?

6. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

What can you see when you boot into the safe version of the TI Recovery CD?

Do your mouse and keyboard work?
    Can you see your hard drive?
    Can you see your CD or DVD drive?
    Can you see an external USB drive?

Last edited: Jan 7, 2007
  7. writedom

writedom Registered Member

Do what I had to do with the same systems:

Use the safe version of both True Image and Disk Director.

Network not supported in safe version.

I contacted support a month ago with the same problem and received no response.

It would really be nice to have a solution for this since Most new computers no longer support legacy PS2 devices.

Are you listening Acronis?

8. JasonMI

JasonMI Registered Member

Yikes we have 40 PCs we need to deploy. They BETTER contact me. None of the command line switches I've found here work.

quiet acpi=off noapic or usbkeyboard=off

My systems still lockup with the same error

usb-ohci.c: USB HC TakeOver Failed!
    Trying to vfree() nonexistent vm area (f8aa2000)

Safe mode is out of the question network supports is mandatory in our scenario. I put my ticket in today, hopefully someone will contact me shortly.

I can't even get to the cmd prompt (by removing quiet) to send them the sysinfo.txt file it locks up on

Waiting for USB/IEEE1394 devices arrival...

For reference purposes I'm using Acronis True Image Enterprise 9.1 build 3,718

I just noticed there is a new build out. I'm downloading it now and will update this post afterward. If you registered your product from the Acronis webpage on the left side click tech support then product updates.

http://www.acronis.com/enterprise/support/updates/

Last edited: Jan 11, 2007
  9. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

They won't contact you just because you have posted in this forum. You will need to raise a support request via the website. This will autorespond to you (usually in minutes) with a ticket number. It then takes around a week before they get in touch after that. If you have paid for higher level support options you might be able to shorten the times a bit.

F.

10. JasonMI

Thats exactly what I did.

11. foghorne

If you have higher priority support doesn't that mean that you can conatct them by phone ?

How long have you been waiting ?

F.

12. JasonMI

I just put the ticket in (online) earlier today.

fyi the latest build gives me the same error but this time with a different address f8a96000 now. With or without the switches / updated cmd line.

I'm on the phone now. I'll keep everyone updated.

So far I AM NOT IMPRESSED with their OVERSEAS support. I would think an ENTERPRISE level product would have a little better support. Between the crap VOIP connection to God only knows where to the several people I spoke to who could barely construct a sentence the end result was they're going to email "workarounds" which I'm guessing are going to be the ones I already tried. Also a different .iso image. My fingers are crossed / waiting on the .iso now. Bang up job thus far.

Ok, I was given a "nousb2" command to try, the product did load in Full mode however when I went to backup the disk it couldn't find any hard drives.

The second option was to use the ISO they gave me a link for, this boots up and again stops / haults at the line "Waiting for USB/IEEE1394 devices arrival..."

I'm waiting for futher info now. I'm assuming they'll want a sysinfo sent. I attempted this once before with the information linked early in this thread and wasn't able to complete this process because the PC locked up with the same msg "Waiting for USB..."

yeap, it locks up in the exact same spot again when trying to get to a cmd prompt.

Considering this is an Enterprise issue for me my Sales guy was kind enough to put me thru to State side support. They have their Engineers working on it. IMO its a problem with Dell using a new ATI chipset therefore the Linux USB drivers that once worked with all previous models now do not. Dell lists very very few drivers for Linux and this model PC so its going to be a coin toss. Someone will probably have to write one.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2007
  13. Jaybroussard

Jaybroussard Registered Member

I'm just bumping and tagging this thread for my own information. I too just got some Opti 320's in and am having the same problems.

14. como

como Registered Member

Could you build a BartPE disk?

15. foghorne

Yeah good call, at the very least as a short term fix.

The only trouble with Bart PE is that once used, it is difficult to go back to the recovery CD :D

F.

16. JasonMI

BartPE complains it can't find the iastor.sys file which is for:

Intel® Matrix Storage Technology (aka the Hard Drive controller)

I download the driver extract it, point Bart to include it and the log still says it can't find the file, so when you boot it of course complains and fails.

I'm still working on it and will keep you updated.

edit: I don't know why its complaining about this driver the Machine doesnt even use this HD controller it uses an ATI based controller. The Intel driver IS listed within the bart folder so why its bitching I have no idea.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2007
  17. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

The way to include drivers in BartPE is to add them to the drivers\net or drivers\scsiadapter folders in the folder where you installed BartPE. Create a folder in the ScsiAdapters directory called Intel and copy the drivers there.

18. JasonMI

Why the Hell do they give you the option to include folder / files then? I selected a folder that had every driver known to man in it. Grrr

rebuilding it again with the folders moved to where you specified

no errors building so I assume it found the driver, it boots and says now the driver is corrupt Good Lord

ok after reading a different forum DO NOT USE THE DELL WINDOWS CD WITH BARTPE that was my whole problem

19. thomasjk

The include folders/files option is not for adding drivers but rather for adding additional files you may want to have on the CD. Here is a link to a lot of drivers that includes iastor http://downloads.littlbuger.info/index.php?dlid=367. I would expand it and then delete all the folders in the drivers\scsiadapters directory except Intel. This should work properly for you. If you need assistance with BartPE the experts hang out here http://www.911cd.net/forums//index.php?act=idx. What version of BartPE are you using?

20. JasonMI

BartPE Version 3.1.10a

It boots now after using a retail XP cd and NOT the Dell XP cd. All that work to find out the image tool requires a license.

21. thomasjk

There are lots of issues with the Dell XP cds. Glad you got it going.:D

22. foghorne

Blimey you're impatient. RTFM :rolleyes:

F.

23. JasonMI

My sincerest apologies oh great Oz. I guess using a completely unfamiliar and independent product to solve your Enterprise level product problems is so common and elementary. It certainly doesn't have anything to do with the million other more important things I'm responsible for throughout the day, FYVM :rolleyes:

24. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello everyone,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please be aware that we have already received similar requests from other Acronis customers and they have already been forwarded to our Development Team. Moreover, the fix for this issue was created and will be included into one of the future build of the appropriate version of Acronis True Image. Since at this moment the exact time-frame for that is not decided yet, we could provide you with the Acronis True Image Bootable Media image (in common ISO format), which include the fix. In order to get the ISO image, please submit a request for technical support and attach information about your purchase of Acronis software (order number, e-mail, where did you purchase our product, etc.). As soon as we receive the information, we will provide you with the link to download the ISO image.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

25. cwhitmore

cwhitmore Registered Member

Aleksandr,
    I submitted a request yesterday for the updated version, but haven't heard a word from your tech support. I have 6 PCs I need to image before I take them to Houston tomorrow. I really don't want to be up here all night loading XP, apps, etc..
    Can you have them contact me today?
    Carlton Whitmore
    cwhitmore at advocacyinc.org

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.