minidump problem..

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by greenfly, Jan 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greenfly

greenfly Registered Member

Hy..

When windows start up,after the welcome message,the screen become blue and i must restart my computer,and i recive this error :

BCCode:1000008e BCP1:C000001D BCP2:F934FEED BCP3:F9E4CC2C BCP4:00000000 OSVer:5_1_2600 SP:2_0 Product:256_1

C:\DOCUME~1\Damir\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERc901.dir00\Mini122404-01.dmp
    C.\DOCUME~1\Damir\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERc901.dir00\sysdata.xml

After each new error ,a new minidump file is made in C:\WINDOWS\MINIDUMP.......any help is welcome...thanks

my mail : damir.pivac at pu.t-com.hr

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2007
  2. nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85 Registered Member

You need to use a program to analyze .dmp files. I think it is wininternals that do a crash analyzer, once it has completed its analysis it will tell you what caused the fault. then you can get rid of the offending software or fix the appropriate hardware.
    hope this helps

3. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

Hi greenfly,

Look's like the OS is xp? Google - xp crash analysis russinovich ppt (courtesy download.microsoft.com/). You'll need this if Office isn't installed. Lacking more information my guess would be a recently installed device driver, possibly video or instead could be related to RAM if this started suddenly happening. Check the below link, see what's cooking in device manager, go over physical hardware connection's, then consider running memtest.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308041/

Edit: "You need to use a program to analyze .dmp files." That would be a big help nigglesnush85.
    One alternative - http://www.smidgeonsoft.prohosting.com/pebrowse-crash-dump-analyzer.html

Edit: This may be better based on documentation and nativity.
    "How to read the small memory dump files that Windows creates for debugging"

Does this message show up when you boot safe-mode?

GF

Last edited: Jan 6, 2007
  4. greenfly

In Event log error reporting, i have this message:
    The DHCP Client service depends on the NetBios over Tcpip service which failed to start because of the following error:
    A Device attached to the system is not fucntioning.
    The DNS Client service depends on the TCP/IP Protocol Driver service which failed..........the same.....

Any idea....?

5. greenfly

In event viewer application error i recive constantly this error:

The COM+Event System detected a bed return code during its internal processing.
    HRESULT was 80070422 from line 44 of d:\qxp_slp\com\com1x\src\events\tier1\eventsystemobj.cpp.

any idea for this too.........?

6. Texcritter

Texcritter Registered Member

I don't know anything about the problem but this post suggests its a motherboard or memory error
    GlobalForce has already given similar advice and recommendations

http://forums.devshed.com/motherboards-106/motherboard-or-memory-error-391580.html

HTH

Last edited: Jan 7, 2007
  7. GlobalForce

Thank's for the additionTex.

Seriously greenfly, sound's like a memory issue though still could be related to an incompatible driver or something other affecting your mobo.
    If your computer's x86-based, try Microsoft's memory diagnostic utility, then post result's.

Here you'll find a simple overview on swapping memory module's should you be so inclined (typical component elimination method).
    http://www.computerhope.com/issues/chadd.htm

Say, are you able to view the content's of that .xml file from your first post?
    Does it reference a particular .sys file that may be causing the blue screen's?

Has any new hardware recently been added prior to all this?

GF

Last edited: Jan 7, 2007
  8. greenfly

Two months ago i overpassed from Windows millenium edition to Windows XP SP2.
    from the beginning i've had (when windows start up ) a critical system error .,on the blue screen..
    When i restarted i recive this message:

BCCode:1000008e BCP1:C000001D BCP2:F934FEED BCP3:F9E4CC2C BCP4:00000000 OSVer:5_1_2600 SP:2_0 Product:256_1

C:\DOCUME~1\Damir\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERc901.dir00\Mini122404-01.dmp
    C.\DOCUME~1\Damir\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERc901.dir00\sysdata.xml

Each time when this error occures a new minidump file is "born" in windows\minidump....
    Well,i can't reed a minidump file to see which error is (driver,memory,bios,dust......)
    So i decided to give a look in Event viewer , and there i've seen a few errors.

In my Device Manager\Other Devices\ before PCI Simple Comunications Controller is an Yellow exclamation mark.When i doubleclick PCI com...contr.... i recive this: The drivers for this device are not installed...

AMD (Duron™
    256 MB RAM
    NVIDIA RIVA TNT2 Model64/Model64Pro

9. lodore

lodore Registered Member

well the fact that you had the really buggy windows ME installed and done an upgrade then that could be the problem.
    i used to have lots of problems with drivers on windows ME
    if you can do a fresh install of XP.
    lodore

10. greenfly

I did a fresh install of Windows XP,,,,,,

11. greenfly

12. GlobalForce

Give it a shot, I'm not running your setup (upgrade - older system).

Or ....

Enter BIOS, then one adjustment at a time .... carefully check if it's set to plug and play, try switching on or off depending on the initial setting. If there's an option to disable the onboard modem, do so. I'll get back with two or three standalone program's that should positively ID your hardware, then we can more closely investigate.

PS - I didn't ask about the .dmp file, the .xml one!

GF

13. greenfly

The click for : No Page,,, not work,,,, i have the error again.
    Can't find xml.file....is not in my Temp folder,or i'm not to able

14. GlobalForce

Make sure the system is set to "show all files," then open in notepad, copy and paste in your reply. Have you had a chance to look in BIOS?

Also please, open a command shell, load sc query type= driver >%systemdrive%\activesys.txt,
    then go retrieve it (activesys.txt) from your C folder and upload to the forum as an attachment. Could potentially be helpful.

GF

Last edited: Jan 8, 2007
  15. greenfly

16. GlobalForce

That you can take screenshot's is a plus. When you reply notice at the bottom of the screen "additional option's." Scroll down and select "manage attachment's" where you can then choose an image from your computer .... the one your going to take of the item that has the yellow exclamation mark next to it in device manager. ~wink~

Add the exact make and model computer your running.

GF

17. greenfly

18. GlobalForce

We need more. Keep in mind you'll only get out what your willing to put in.

Did you ever run the memory diagnostic (screenshot)? The boot order must be altered.
    7 test's done in about 2-3min's on my 10g partition, no error's reported.

What option's are available in BIOS?

--------------------

Boot safe mode. Choose boot logging .... which save's it here - %windir%\ntbtlog.txt.
    Upload as an attachment only after blue-screening.

--------------------

Next create a temporary working folder somewhere on your hard drive, then download to your desktop (or download folder) pci32.zip.

http://members.datafast.net.au/dft0802/downloads.htm

From the same page rt clk on pcidevs.txt and save it to your created folder.
    Extract the content's of the zipped download to that same folder, OK the overwrite.

Copy the content's in quote's below to notepad, save as rtclkcmd.reg. Rt clk, select "merge."
    Navigate to the folder you saved those file's to, rt clk - select "prompt." Enter >pci32 -r -s >c:\dev_irq.txt - upload to the forum in a separate post.

I'm still having trouble determining where the problem lies.
    Edit: Currently investigating driver's so would you please expand in Everest device's .... physical.

GF

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 12, 2007
  19. greenfly

it was the driver of my sound card......................thanks for everithing

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.