Why should I recommand Nod;) ?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by pepim, Jan 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pepim

pepim Registered Member

Hi,

Another question, I just recommanded Nod32 on a Dutch forum, because I like it and allthough I had some doubts about renewing Nod (allready solved by the help of ctrlaltdelete) I can't really explain why. Stupid I know. :oops: Somebody?

And should you really use Blackspear's settings? What happens if you don't? (I use the settings btw)

2. pepim

pepim Registered Member

I'm very pleased, that people read my topic, but I do appreciate help, anybody?

3. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Answers can be found HERE and HERE and HERE

The links above give pretty definitive answers as to why you would recommend NOD32, besides which it's just damn good ;) :D

Cheers :D

4. pepim

pepim Registered Member

Thanks for the links Blackspear and how about my previour question? If they don't use your settings, what happens? And yes it is damn good!

5. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

There would be no harm for sure in using those settings but as it is with almost all software....every user needs to understand what are the plusses and minuses for using anyones settings much less their own. Also as a side note....the majority of "Blackspear's settings" that you refer to is a tutorial of how to install Nod with a number of stronger protection tweaks mixed in. It behooves every user of Nod that utilizes these settings to take note of the extra settings contained in the tutorial. BS went to great lengths to spell out the re-action when tightening the default settings.
    The best way I can answer is to say I had no qualms in informing a family member that Eset's default settings are very adequate for protection. However....as they got used to the program....I then introduced them to my friend's settings from down-under ;)

YMMV,
    Bubba

6. pipester

pipester Guest

When someone asks my recommendation for an antivirus, there are three things that come to mind immediately for recommending NOD32.

1) eliminates the need for point solutions, covers all areas of malware, including rootkit detection.
    2) proactive heuristics capability
    3) system performance

I use default settings and respond to alerts. I do not like to know what has happened on my computer, after the fact.

7. Blackspear

What Bubba said ;) :D

I look at it this way, when I press the brakes on my car I don't want to be asked do I really want to press the breaks? I don't need to know that pressing the breaks will increase pressure in a line, that in turns adds pressure to a set of pads that then applies pressure around disks that begin to slow the car. I just want the breaks to work and sit silently in the background doing so awaiting my foot to press the peddle.

The Tutorial is designed for maximum settings with maximum automation, basically to have NOD32 sit in the background silently doing its job. It is also designed to give you a good understanding of NOD32's inner workings, this in turn takes the fear/mystery out of clicking on something within your security program and allows you to explore and adjust NOD32 to your particular requirements ;) :D

The default settings are fine, however, they will prompt the user for interaction, and the greater majority of users will feel stress when prompted for an action that they are uncertain as to exactly what the consequences of their choice will be.

Cheers :D

8. pepim

pepim Registered Member

I didn't mean anything wrong btw. I really appreciate Wilders and Nod offcourse :D
    What does it mean?

9. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

I personally didn't feel you did and would hope no one else would either since it is a very good question.
    It means Your Mileage May Vary....since I just knew ole great one was going to use a car analogy :eek: :D ;)

TGIF,
    Bubba :cool:

10. Blackspear

LOL you know me oh to well my southern friend :) :D

:D :D :D

11. pepim

pepim Registered Member

?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.