Acronis True Image 7.0 for Free ?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by dobbelina, Nov 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dobbelina

dobbelina Registered Member

2. Ralphie

Ralphie Registered Member

An offer of True Image 7 for free - that's all it is worth. ;)

3. bVolk

bVolk Registered Member

I would say it depends on the functions one plans to use.

In the disk/partition imaging, restoring and mounting section (that's what I use) some new functionalities introduced may come handy, yes, but they are far from being heavyweights IMO. Files & folders backup is another story, of course.

I know TI7 and if I had no True Image, I wouldn't reject that offer. Also, it may be a starting point for subsequent discounted upgrades (?). Or just a waiting room for one to sit in peace in until the third update of TI10 comes by.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2006
  4. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello dobbelina,

After installing the free version, create an Acronis bootable rescue CD (suggest you use a blank unformatted rewritable disk), boot your system from it and check that it correctly detects your hardware (internal and external). If it does, and you find that TI 7.0's functionality fully meets your requirement, then all well and good.

If it doesn't (on either count) then uninstall the free version and download/install the trial version of True Image 10.0. Create a new rescue CD and see whether that works ok. If it does then, as a registered owner of TI 7.0, you should be entitled to purchase the full version of TI 10.0 at the discounted "Upgrade" price. Be sure to uninstall the trial version before installing the full version and creating a new Acronis bootable rescue CD from it.

Regards

5. dld

dld Registered Member

Hi Menorcaman.. Have you tried downloading this free version of ATI? I didn't want to recommend this avenue without verifying that it is feasible. As far as I can see it is just a come-on to get you to upgrade to ATI 10. After having filled in the required fields I received an email telling me to click on a link in order to get the Serial Number for ATI 7.0. Then I do get the S/N but no link to download ATI 7.0. All I get is a link to upgrade to ATI 10. Am I missing something here?

Last edited: Nov 29, 2006
  6. Menorcaman

Hi dld,

No, but I have now :D.

It's not a come-on but just a little obscure. When you receive the first email, click on the link provided to confirm that you really do want the serial number. You will then be taken to a web page that confirms Acronis has sent you another email containing the requested number. As you say, that web page invites you to upgrade to TI 10.0. However, it also contains a link to your registered products (see screenshot below) which, if you click, will allow to sign into your account (use the same email address and password that you used to obtain the free serial number) from where you can now download TI 7.0.

Regards

Attached Files:

7. Meltdown

Meltdown Registered Member

I picked this up a few weeks ago. It works perfectly, and I can't see any need to upgrade.

8. dld

dld Registered Member

Something strange is happening here. I think I saw the link you posted after I first read the email confirming that I really wanted the serial number. However if I go back now to that same email and the link, I get this instead:

http://services.arnit.net/images_to_go/users2/ScreenShot054xcopy0924211130.jpg

Since I'm a registred owner of ATI 7 I put the name of my wife this time. At first Acronis sent me an email with the link you refer to, but then they realized that I already have a S/N for ATI 7, so they changed the link to that shown above. No big deal, as long as I know that there really is a link to ATI 7. BTW, my wife and I both have the same email account. This so that I can use the free version of an antispam program. I guess this is what confused Acronis.

In any case can you provide me with a link to ATI 7. I'd like to have it on file.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2006
  9. dld

dld Registered Member

10. Menorcaman

Hmm. I've just this minute tried it again using a different email address. No problem obtaining the download and Serial Number, although Acronis has added an additional link on the webpage (see screenshots).

Regards

Attached Files:

11. dld

dld Registered Member

Last edited: Nov 30, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.