Validate Backup Archive

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by CatFan432, Nov 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CatFan432

CatFan432 Registered Member

True Image Home, Version 10

Under the "Options" menu, "Default Backup Options", then "Additional Settings" I have checked the option "Validate backup archive upon its creation completion." It appears that this option validates the job being created and all previous jobs in that particular backup location. I am using the new Backup Location feature, and not the Secure Zone. I always create full backups, not incremental or differential.

Does anyone know of an option to automatically validate just the current job, and avoid the time and redundancy of re-validating already validated jobs? That aside, the ability to specify the number of backups is one I've been waiting for. Everything else is trouble free, so far.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2006
  2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

For TI9, I don't know about TI10:

If the archive is in the Acronis Secure Zone a validate will cause every archive in the Secure Zone to be validated.

If you have an archive in a normal location, the validate will validate only the specified archive. However, if the archive is a differential or an incremental the entire archive is validated, not just the last specified differential or incremental. In the case of the incremental this may not be so bad since one bad incremental in the chain renders the later incrementals useless.

For differentials, only the base and the last differential need to be validated but a bug requires all of the differentials to be present to do a validate even though only the last differential with the base is required to do the latest restore.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello CatFan432,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please note that if you store backup archive to the Backup Location and use "Validate backup archive upon operation completion" the whole Backup Location validates (every backup in there).

Please be aware that we have already received similar requests from other Acronis customers and they have already been forwarded to our Development Team. Most probably, the behavior of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home will be changed to validate only the backup archive that is in progress. I'm sorry, but at the moment the exact time-frame for that is not decided yet.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.