Arconis True Image Home Vers. 10 Problems with Email Backup

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by testbuckel, Oct 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. testbuckel

testbuckel Registered Member

Hi

I do have problems, or more it is not possible to back up my Outllok 2000 email stuff with Vers. 10 of Arconis True Image. I am sing a W2K SP4 + all updates.

Does anybody have an idea? Thanks a lot...

Bye

Andreas

2. shieber

shieber Registered Member

You'll probably have to give more info abot the steps you took and the results.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello testbuckel,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

As shieber mentioned we need some additional information to investigate this issue thoroughly and to provide you with a possible workaround. Therefore, could you please explain your step-by-step actions which you took to back up messages, accounts and settings for Microsoft Outlook 2000? Did you receive any error messages during the backup creation? Is Microsoft Outlook 2000 a default e-mail program.

Please note that the instructions on how to back up messages, accounts and settings for Microsoft Outlook 2000 is described in Chapter 5.2.4 "My Email backup" in the Acronis True Image 10.0 Home User's Guide.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

4. BengtNelson

BengtNelson Registered Member

I am using Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 SP2.

It seems that version 10 can't handle any old archive files. Maybe they have a different format. I have two old archive files, that works perfectly in Outlook, together with the one that I am currently using. All are listed in the selection treeview in True Image. If I exclude the old archive files then the backup works fine, but if I include any of these files the backup bombs out. I get the 'Acronis True Image Service has encountered a problem and need to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience./Send Error Report/Don't Send' dialog box.

For now I just have to exclude these archive files but I sure hope this get fixed.

Thanks

Bengt

5. cpollard

cpollard Registered Member

I also have failed to get version 10 to backup my Outlook (2002) email on XP. I don't have an archive folder. I have tried just backing up a couple of folders and it goes away for a while then fails.

Interestingly when I then open Outlook it tells me that the application was not closed correctly and then scans my folders for errors. I know that this is a new version but are there any fixes available yet?

6. Acronis Support

Hello BengtNelson,

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please note that image archives created with Acronis True Image 9.0 Home (or any previous version of Acronis True Image) are supported by Acronis True Image 10.0 Home. However, we do not guarantee that you will be able to successfully restore/validate image archives created with Acronis True Image 10.0 Home using Acronis True Image 9.0 Home.

Could you please explain your step-by-step actions which you took that led you to this error? How did you exclude the old image archives from the new image archive? Please also create screen shots of all your steps you took to create the image archive, if possible.

Please collect the information requested in this previous post of mine and then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

7. Acronis Support

Hello cpollard,

Could you please collect the information requested in this previous post of mine and then submit a request for technical support? Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the link to this thread. This would provide us with the additional information to investigate this issue thoroughly and to provide you with a possible workaround as soon as possible.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

8. flint350

flint350 Registered Member

I have this same problem, except eliminating Archives doesn't help. TI 10 won't backup my e-mail settings no matter what radio button I use or don't. It will backup normal data/applications, etc. - but if I select the backup e-mail option (any of them), it looks as though it is starting to work, begins to read directories and then gives the error message "Acronis True Image Service has encountered a problem and need to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

I'm using Win XP SP2 with 3GB mem., plenty of disk space and True Image 10 build 4871. I simply use the wizard to select "backup", "my email", "Microsoft Office Outlook", the process starts, then gives the error message quoted. The options are "Microsoft Office Outlook", Microsoft Oulook Express" and "Address book". I don't use Express and just click in the box for Microsoft Office Outlook. It's a stumper alright.

9. bones5050

bones5050 Registered Member

I am having the same problem with using the "my email backup option.

I select backup, my email, select outlook, outlook express, and windows address book. Then select the directory and file name, then full backup... The process runs for about 2 mins then errors out with a windows error.

There is nothing in the True Image log file, however, there are errors in the windows application event viewer (listed below).

11/1/2006 7:36:23 PM Application Error Error None 1000 N/A OFFICE Faulting application trueimageservice.exe, version 10.0.0.4871, faulting module msvcr71.dll, version 7.10.3052.4, fault address 0x00010440.

11/1/2006 7:33:49 PM Application Error Error None 1000 N/A OFFICE Faulting application trueimageservice.exe, version 10.0.0.4871, faulting module msvcr71.dll, version 7.10.3052.4, fault address 0x00010440.

11/1/2006 7:29:48 PM Acronis Test Program Error -14 11 N/A OFFICE "The description for Event ID ( 11 ) in Source ( Acronis Test Program ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Member invoke failed (0xE000B)
    token = ""Fomatik.Export.ParseUriResource""
    Tag = 0x298D61E7C0088C79
    Given URI is empty (0x260001)
    Tag = 0x2904AD1EB097FB95."

11/1/2006 7:29:48 PM Acronis Test Program Error -38 1 N/A OFFICE The description for Event ID ( 1 ) in Source ( Acronis Test Program ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Given URI is empty (0x260001)
    Tag = 0x2904AD1EB097FB95.
    11/1/2006 7:29:48 PM Acronis Test Program Error -38 1 N/A OFFICE The description for Event ID ( 1 ) in Source ( Acronis Test Program ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Given URI is empty (0x260001)
    11/1/2006 7:29:47 PM Acronis Test Program Error -14 11 N/A OFFICE "The description for Event ID ( 11 ) in Source ( Acronis Test Program ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Member invoke failed (0xE000B)
    token = ""Fomatik.Export.ParseUriResource""
    Tag = 0x298D61E7C0088C79
    Given URI is empty (0x260001)
    Tag = 0x2904AD1EB097FB95."

11/1/2006 7:29:47 PM Acronis Test Program Error -38 1 N/A OFFICE The description for Event ID ( 1 ) in Source ( Acronis Test Program ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Given URI is empty (0x260001)
    11/1/2006 7:29:47 PM Acronis Test Program Error -38 1 N/A OFFICE The description for Event ID ( 1 ) in Source ( Acronis Test Program ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Given URI is empty (0x260001)

10. jet75080

jet75080 Registered Member

When discussing this problem with my IT friends lately they suggested we get a list of buyers of ATI-10 and find out if any of them have had success backing up email with this program. IF there are not any, then there are grounds for a class action with Acronis to either>

1. Cease selling ATI 10 with advertised features that do not work.
    2. Receive refund for purchase.
    3. Receive fixed amount for loss of time and pain (due to asking for support and not receiving any)

I for one, do not believe in frivolus suing, but in this case we may have a just cause, since I have sent in exact details and files from backup failures and have not gotten any response except for a canned message to go to knowledge base (not).

I do not know how to get a list like they recomend. Any ideas? Anyone?

11. MKairys

MKairys Registered Member

I think the first 10% of your suggestion is good :)

Let's start by asking here in this forum: has anyone had success with the new "email backup" feature in TI 10?

In my case I ask not as a potential litigator but as a potential upgrader...

P.S. I doubt you can get a list of "buyers of ATI 10"; that information is proprietary to Acronis and I for one would be upset if they in any way made it public. (Not that I'm worried they would; they won't even make public their list of known bugs :))

12. Ralphie

Ralphie Registered Member

I think it was only a few days after ver 10 release that there were messages in the forum about the problem with backing up Outlook Express. The software is trying to be "all things to all people" and that is a mistake. There is a another program that will backup your Outlook Express and that's all it does. Consult your Google Gods for more info.

13. TheWeaz

TheWeaz Registered Member

It's not just Express, it fails on regular Outlook as well.

14. Ranger Bob

Ranger Bob Registered Member

You can add me to the list of those that backup of email fails in TI 10. It fails for both Outlook Express and MS Outlook.

15. chuckburmester

chuckburmester Registered Member

e-mail backup does not work for me either

16. Ralphie

While you are all awaiting a solution, consult with your Google Gods to find an alternative to backing up OE or Outlook. There is an alternative.

17. MKairys

My Outlook is getting backed up; my PST files are included in my nightly incremental image backup. If I needed to I could restore a single email from that.

I'm not clear on what the value added of the TI 10 feature is (or would be if it worked :))

18. JBMedeiros

JBMedeiros Registered Member

I have the same problem.

Windows XP SP2 + Acronis TIH10 (build 4.871)

I buyed this software just to backup my e-mail and e-mail settings because i have 8GB of messages and 40 account to configure each time i format my computer.

I'm waiting a new version more of 1 month.

I want my $$$$ back but i buy this software in Portugal Travel to use here in Brazil.

If i have to go to Portugal to have my money back i will charge for Acronis Soft. my airplane money.

Im wait more one week for this problem resolved.

Thanks

JB

19. Ralphie

Well then, what is all the hullabaloo about it being new in ver 10!!

20. MKairys

I don't have TI 10 so I really shouldn't be trying to answer this question :) but I wanted to explain a little better what I meant in my previous post.

Using TI 9 I make a backup which includes my Outlook PST file. Let's say I then do something I wish I hadn't - delete some messages and empty the Deleted Items folder. What I would do to recover is extract yesterday's PST file from the backup and open it in Outlook. I now would have two PST files open, and I could copy messages from the older one to the current one.

From what I've read, the TI 10 feature is intended to go "inside" the PST file and back up its contents. I don't know what this would look like when browsing the backup (would you see the same pseudo-folder display you see in Outlook, Calendar, Contacts, etc.?) but it seems you would be able to access the contents of the PST file in the backup directly, without having to extract the PST file and open it in Outlook.

It also sounds like a restore would access your current Outlook folders directly, so that if for example I made a backup yesterday and restored it today, I would have duplicates of every item older than today's.

So actually I've raised far more questions than I've answered; someone who's actually used this feature, please help out:

• What does an Outlook backup look like when you browse it?
    • Can you select specific Outlook folders to back up (e.g. only Inbox)?
    • Can I extract Outlook items directly to the file system?
    • On restore, are the Outlook items restored to their original folders?
    • Would a restore create duplicate items or is there some way to supress this?
    • I assume an incremental backup would copy just the new and changed items, and that's what would be restored, or seen in a browse?

21. Ranger Bob

Ranger Bob Registered Member

This feature not only backups the emails but the settings as well so that if you needed to move your emails and email program to another PC it would be much easier,if it worked.

22. Acronis Support

Hello every one,

Please be aware that the issue with backing up MS Outlook or MS Outlook Express settings and messages using "My E-mail" option of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home is known already. We have already received similar requests from other Acronis customers and they have already been forwarded to our Development Team. It will be fixed in the next build of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home. We are going to release the next build in the nearest future. I'm sorry, but at the moment the exact time-frame for that is not set yet. I will let you know when the new build will be available. Please accept our apologies for the current inconvenience.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

23. ferralez

ferralez Registered Member

I purchased ATI 10. It fails as noted with errors. Trying to backup Outlook 2003 with WinXP using the separate email backup feature.

24. LXC

LXC Registered Member

When I select the Outlook Express 6 local folders using email backup TI10 posts the error message:

Object index is out of range (0x580002)
    Tag = 0xE886E4C9B247FC78

Ed B

Win XP Pro SP2 & Outlook Express 6

25. TechReview

TechReview Registered Member

I recently purchased TI 9 based on reviews and advertised features, updated to TI 10 because the Outlook backup looked to be just what I needed, and then spent ages trying to get it to work, without any success. I emailed Acronis tech. support and received the automated response ten days back, not a thing since. I just found this thread, and obviously Acronis has known of the problem for some time, why couldn't they have the simple courtesy to notify me that is was a known problem? The product doesn't work as advertised, and the cost to the community of the countless wasted hours as individual users struggle to try and get it to work must be enormous. We should be informed:
    1. When a fix is expected
    2. How we will be notified
    3. How Acronis intends to compensate users for costs incurred

David

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.