NOD32 2.7 beta available for testing

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Marcos, Oct 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aigle

aigle Registered Member

ya, thanks

2. Carver

Carver Registered Member

3. Littlemutt

Littlemutt Guest

Exclusions - how to set up...?
    I thought I could reduce the number of (4)'s cannot open file by adding the ones that come up over and over during scan by adding them to the exclusions of AMON setup page.

Seems after setting up several items - they are still flagged as (4)

Quick example to see if I'm on the right track:
    C:\HIBERFIL.SYS I have it set as 'file' and 'Permanent'
    D:\LAVASOFT\ set as Perm and folder (this is my download only disk) for saving files etc.

So.. what is it I don't understand on setting up these exclusions?

Thanks

WinXP SP2 2.7 Beta trial version

4. covaro

covaro Registered Member

AMON exclusions do not apply to the On-Demand Scanner.

-Cov

5. kjempen

kjempen Registered Member

I don't know if this "problem" also applies to the official/full non-beta version of NOD32 also, but I noticed it with this beta version. It isn't a big problem, but still, a little bit annoying.

Description of how the problem appears:
    Let's say I go to a folder where there's a lot of malware samples I want to scan. I don't want to scan the whole folder. For this example, let's say there's 107 samples I want to scan. I mark the 107 files that I want to scan* (see note), I right-click and select "NOD32 Antivirus System" from the context menu that appears. When NOD32 finishes, I notice that it hasn't scanned all the files I marked (only 105 scanned files reported). I also notice that when this happens, and I choose to quit from the On-Demand scan window, it says the "Context menu Profile" has been modified and asks me if I want to save the changes, even though I didn't do any changes. All I did was a right-click scan, then pressed the Quit button after it finished. But if I split this up into about half, choose the 53 first samples of the same 107 files and right-click and scan - this scan goes fine (53 files reported scanned by NOD32). Then select the 54 last samples of the same 107 files and right-click and scan - this scan also goes fine (54 files reported scanned by NOD32). o_O

This doesn't always happen, and I've only noticed the problem when I've marked more than hundred files for scanning. Sometimes it scans 100+ samples fine in the context menu scan, and sometimes it doesn't. Can it be that in a context menu scan there's only a certain amount of files of a special type that NOD32 can handle (something to do with runtime packed files or .zip archives)?

(Note:
    * - some of the samples are archived together in .zip archives, for example: "Trojan-PSW.Win32.Barok.10(3).zip" contains 3 unique samples all labelled as "Trojan-PSW.Win32.Barok.10" by KAV. In my example there was 107 samples all in all, as detected by Kaspersky.)

Last edited: Nov 6, 2006
  6. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

NOD32 v2.7 Release Candidate 1 (v2.70.12) has been released. For more information and download instructions, see this message thread in the NOD32 Beta Forum.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

7. pykko

pykko Registered Member

thanks agoretsky.. I"m going to download it. :D

8. Big Apple

Big Apple Frequent Poster

Clean install and up and running! No problems!

9. Mover

Mover Registered Member

I'm assuming AMON picks these up as well or are they only visable with the On Demand scanner ?

10. KDNeese

KDNeese Registered Member

One question I can't find the answer to either in the forums or at ESET website: Do I need to uninstall version 2.5 (Licensed) before installing 2.7 RC, or does the installation simply act as an upgrade to 2.5? I didn't install the 2.7 beta version, and don't want to do a complete uninstall if I don't need to. Thanks for any info on this.

11. ASpace

ASpace Guest

In the beta forum when Aryeh announces the RC , it is written to uninstall previous beta , however I am not sure if this needs to be done for the paid .

A question was asked what might happen if one installs the RC over previous version and the answer was that this will lead to an unsupported part , which means you can install it over your existing but if some problems occur , you will be advised to do a fresh install :)

I would recommend you what I did , I did a fresh install . I uninstalled the paid 2.5 version , restarted , removed ESET folder in C:\Program files and then installed NOD32 2.7 :thumb:

12. KDNeese

I figured that would be the best way to proceed, but was hoping there would be a slim chance I didn't have to go that route. Thanks.

13. KDNeese

Actually, I discovered that installing 2.7 RC over the top of 2.5 is handled as an upgrade. At the last minute I decided not to go the uninstall and reinstall route. Installed over the top - setup program called it an upgrade, kept all my settings, user name and password, etc. Didn't have to reconfigure any settings or anything else. Was very seamless (and painless).

14. aigle

aigle Registered Member

How long the trial versions will work?

15. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Excellent . Thanks for letting me/us know :thumb:

16. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Should be 30 days o_O

17. Dazza

Dazza Registered Member

I installed 2.7 RC straight over my 2.5 paid version with no problem. All my settings,username and password were carried over.
    Scans are noticeably quicker.

Keep up the good work eset. :thumb:

18. KDNeese

I can't remember if I read something on the ESET website or if there was a warning message in the setup program, but it did say that both versions had to be in English in order to install directly over the other program - otherwise, you had to first uninstall 2.5 and then install the new version. So I would imagine your only option would be to uninstall NOD32 and then install the new version from scratch. Afterward, you'll have to go in and reconfigure your setup to your liking, but I think that's your only alternative at this point. Not really a big deal, just a little time consuming as well as a little frustrating, I'm sure.

OK - I hadn't looked at your pictures before making my reply. Looks like you already uninstalled the old version and were successful installing the new. That's good news.

19. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

If you install a different language version, you must delete the program files/eset/install folder before you begin installation.

20. Timo Schmidt

Timo Schmidt Registered Member

Installed the RC1 on 11. Nov 06.

Is it possible that the last Update for NOD 2.7 was on 11. Nov 06?

Normally ESET updates their signatures at least twice in a day. Or does the RC1 not include Sig-Updates.

Greetings

Timo

21. Tommy

Tommy Registered Member

22. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

The production version of NOD32 has been released. For more information, please see this thread.

As this thread is about the beta and release candidate builds of NOD32 Version 2.7, I am now going to un-stick and close it. If you have a question about the production releae of NOD32 Version 2.7, please start a new message thread.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.