Newby Questions -True Image Home 10 or 9 Workstation

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by JohnWB, Oct 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohnWB

JohnWB Registered Member

I am going to get True Image 9 Workstation for work use, but will it be OK to use it on my home PC or would True Image Home 10 be better, forgetting about the cost (I will be backing up to an Integral USB drive at home). Is there much difference apart from the networking and is the workstaion as easy to use.

If I back up my C drive which is about 20g, what size roughly will the backup file be as I need to know how much space I will need on the USB drive or will TI tell me if there is not enough room

2. Ralphie

Ralphie Registered Member

Estimate the backup file to be about 60% of the used space on the 20 gig drive.

3. Atomic_Ed

Atomic_Ed Registered Member

For your home use, if you not running RAID or anything, I would go with the new True Image Home 10 instead. Of course with the 9.1 you also have the universal restore option you can get which would allow you to restore your image to a different hardware configuration in addition to the same one it was made from.

4. JohnWB

JohnWB Registered Member

Thanks for the answers, but can I ask another question please. Is there going to be a Rev 10 of workstation or is the current workstation the same as 10 Home

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello JohnWB,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please note that the main difference between Acronis True Image 10.0 Home and Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation is that the latter provides you with the ability to manage backup/recovery process remotely. Generally, Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation is meant for use in business and networked environments allowing IT staff to manage backup tasks and protect employee laptops and desktops throughout the organization from one central location.

Please also note that Acronis True Image 10.0 Home (the new version of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home) has some features which also present in Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation, such as:

- Direct backup to FTP servers

- E-mail and WinPopup notifications upon backup/restore tasks.

Also Acronis True Image 10.0 Home has new features:

- Backup application settings for supported applications. The list of supported applications can be found here

- Quick backup of specific files — Initiate backup of specific files without being in the Acronis True Image application.

- Backup Microsoft Outlook - Preserve your emails, contacts, calendar, tasks, notes, signatures, news folders, e-mail rules and user settings with just a few mouse clicks!

- Explore archives - Easily search and recover particular files in archives (both disc/partition image and file-level archives) just like in Windows Explorer

Please find the full list of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home features at Acronis web site

We recommend you to download and install the free trial version of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home to see how the software works on your computer.

You can find the detailed instructions on how to use Acronis True Image 10.0 Home in the respective User's Guide.

We also plan to release a newer versions of Acronis True Image corporate line products. I'm sorry, but at the moment the exact time-frame for that is not decided yet.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.