Acronis still in business??

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Bob Z, Oct 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bob Z

Bob Z Registered Member

I purchased True Image online Wednesday evening. It won't complete the installation: "The installation was interrupted before Acronis True Image Home could be installed. You need to restart the installer to try again."

I tried their "Live Agent" and was referred to their Support@acronis.com.

I opened a case with them and didn't hear back so far.

I sent an email to their corporate Media person outlining my problem. Didn't get a reply.

I called their corporate office and selected "Consumer sales". Instead of getting a person, I got a voicemail that had me leave my contact information. No one called me back.

It sure smells like they're going out olf business. Does anyone have any information regarding that?

Bob Z.

2. d.chatten

d.chatten Registered Member

Hi Bob Z

I can assure you that Acronis are not going out of business, anyway to solve your problem try the following.

Go to My Comuter > C:\ > Documents and Settings > Your Name > Local Settings > Temp, and delete all the files and folders in the temp folder, this sometimes works when there are issues such as this.

You will have to show hidden files and folders to be able to do this, to show hidden files and folders click on the Tools tab at the top of the window in My Computer and sellect Folder Options > View and from the list make shure there is a check mark next to Show hidden files and folders and click OK.

ATI should now install OK without any problems.

Hope this helps!

3. Bob Z

Bob Z Registered Member

Thanks D. Chatten,

That worked. The $64,000 question is "Why did it work?"

Thanks Again,

Bob Z.

4. Melsworld

Melsworld Registered Member

I have just managed to get on to live chat 16.00 hrs UK time, it seems that they have a lot of suport tickets outstanding since the release of TI10

From what I have read on this forum, this now comes as no surprise to me

Anyway my ticket is over a week old and they have asked me to to be a bit more patient! - In other words they think it is reasonable to wait a week or more to have a support ticket replied to

At least my problem is not as bad as some I have read about on this forum today - so I hope you all get your major problems sorted out soon

I have made my position very clear with Acronis and also suggested that they pay a visit to this forum - but we should not hold our breath I guess, as they are too busy wadding through one week old support tickets

In the meantime I will dig out the reply to a post I made on here, as I still cannot get to grips with it - so will post a follow up on the forum - in the hope that somebody can give me a clearer explanation

Mel:thumbd:

5. Bob Z

Bob Z Registered Member

Hi Mel,

I share your frustration with Acronis support. I'm being as patient as I can. See my other case. I'm still waiting for a reply. Acronis True Image 10.0 does not appear to be able to restore files and folders from a multi-DVD save set! Gee, what can it do? One would think they would want to work a case where their Save/Restore product doesn't appear to be able to restore!

They must be in a world of deep doo doo with this product! How much do you want to bet they offshored the software development?

Regards,

Bob Z.

6. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Note on the Acronis website, paid support will take priority over the masses.

So as there seems to be only 1 or 2 support people trolling this forum (used to be about 4 or 5 I think), we can gather that either they are very short staffed or they have hordes of paid for support tickets outstanding, which means us mere plebs will be waiting a long time.

Colin

7. devshb

devshb Registered Member

it's the "unable to register" bug on the free trial version that worries me the most, especially when looking at the number of other people who've had the same problem and the lack of support/response for it.

I know that a free trial user won't have the same level of support as a paid customer, but the flip side is that if the trial version never works then nobody will become a paid customer as they'll run away thinking the company's just a bunch of cowboys, in which case I'd have thought that it's only a question of time before Acronis do indeed go out of business.

8. jgayman

jgayman Registered Member

Thank you very much for suggestion to remove all the temp files. I too was having a failure during TI 10 installation and that solved it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.