Proble with TI 9.0 and Asus P5B

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jpo312, Sep 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jpo312

jpo312 Registered Member

Hi,
    neither my TI 8.0 Corporate Workstation nor my TI 9.0 recognizes the installed Harddisks.

They are SATA HDs on a Asus P5B with Intel P965 and ICH8 chipset.

I'm afraid that this cofig is not supported yet but I need it urgently because I need to clone my OS from a 160GB to a 300 GB.

Any help is appreciated,even if it would be differen imaging software til it's fixed with I.

2. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

Are doing this under windows or the Rescue CD? If its the CD then its probably the lack of Linux drivers. Build a BarPE CD using Reatgo http://www.reatogo.de/ with Mustang's plugins http://www.mechrest.com/plugins/. This will give you a Windows environment.

3. Feinbein

Feinbein Registered Member

Hello,

I have a similar config. Is there any time frame in sight where the actual Intel ICH8 will be supported by TI 9.0 Home?

Regards

Feinbein

4. sch8mid

sch8mid Registered Member

Same here.... and.... as this motherboard is sold like sliced bread I think its time for a solution..

As a Mac - Dude , blonde, and artist, my deep understanding and intelligence for this kind of problems is rather low , so most of time I am shaking my head how this OperationSystem (Windows XP professional) , that is so incredible userunfriendly , had a chance to become so popular.

I bought Ti 9.0 and never had a chance to use it , cause none of the rescue media I made, was able to see my sata 2 ahci harddisc. (Neither TI -CD- Nor USB stick).

I went through the demanding process of making a Bart disk with Ti plug in - it booted fine - started TI and again it only saw my firewire HD..... nothing else.....so a NO GO as well..

People told me that I have to include sata ahci drivers , copy the content of floppies (last time I saw a floppy on the Mac was in the last century) use Intels storage manager and ....! ..here it comes :

"extract iastore.sys drivers with an esoteric
    command line prompt and put it together with a handmade script into barts sys 32 " ... OMG ..OMG

COME ON THIS IS RIDICULOUS... and i am pretty sure you know that ...

IF I buy a back up program.... it has to work out of the box and not with handmade, handburned third party cds , command lines in a dos environment and handmade scripts by a professional computer engineer , isn`t it ?

So I sat down with my almost not existing rest of computer intelligence and no help from nobody and nowhere ... and cried

Then.....the magic happened.....

I went into the bios of ASUS P5B----- turned sata mode from "enhanced and ahci "
    .......to " IDE compatible mode "

and Bingo. Worked. !!!!!

Bart CD recognized my bootdrive with its 3 partitions and TI saved an image of my c:drive .

***but will it work restoring this image in case of trouble o_O?? validation is o.k.

_______

I would appreciate if someone of this highly recognised data rescue company (I mean that !.. everybody I know in the Microsoft world told me so and thats why I bought exactly this program )
    could shed a light on this issue , cause in my understanding SATA HDs are not uncommon in these days even on WINTEL rigs.
    and thanks for bearing my rather poor school english , my spelling and my "Don Quijote" story..

Regards from South Germany

Anja

Last edited: Sep 16, 2006
  5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello everyone,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software..

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

I'm afraid that ICH8 chipset is not officially supported yet. The support for this chipset will be implemented in the future Acronis True Image builds. We are very sorry for the current inconvenience.

At present time, we recommend that you submit a request for technical support containing a brief description of the issue along with the link to this thread. One of our support engineers will provide you with the download link for the ISO image of the Bootable Rescue CD which has the support for ICH8 chipset.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

6. sch8mid

sch8mid Registered Member

burnt the iso image

got an usb error ..#usb device not accepting new adress..

but then it loaded TI

got a working solution finally

7. smiley2

smiley2 Registered Member

I tried to figure out this SATA stuff... ICH7R (ASUS P5LD2).
    AHCI seems to be an enhancement, so HDs can work
    like those in the good old SCSI days.

What I saw was:

- AHCI mode does not use different data structures.
    Windows runs again if you put in the Intel drivers.
    So it is possible to "upgrade" from Standard IDE to AHCI.

- Good old Partition magic 8.0 starts from floppy and still sees all
    the partitions in AHCI mode.

- Bart PE CD starts as before. But ok, the Intel driver is included here;)

- TI CD runs and is able to backup a partition and check the image file.
    I didn't try a retore yet.

The right decision is still not obvious for me.
    "Standard IDE" is compatible, so what are the real advantages of AHCI...

BTW: "work out of the box" - Every Linux distro in the last year supported my mouse, the TI recovery CD does not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.