so what now

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by reduk, Oct 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reduk

reduk Registered Member

Hi All,

Firstly let me say I am here because I am:

a. stupid

b. Have been stupid

I through my own stupid fault have infected my pc. I keep getting pop up offers all the time.

I ran avg and it tells me I have a virus, I delete it but still pop ups.

I do a bit of research and find a board where someone raves about ewido, does everything, cleans your PC, does the dishes , walks on water.

Great, a solution for terminally stupid, I download it and run it. Lots of red and I carryout the recomended action and get error cannot carryout the recommended actions.

So as far as I can see this programme is able to tell me what malware I have got (tiny it was in red and marked high so it must be serious)but does not do anything with it. What is the point of that?

Does anyone know of software that not only identifies what the problem is but actually does something about it?

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Rather then jumping to suggest other software, it might be best to see what ewido is telling you. Can you post a screen image that shows its findings? That might help for everyone to better understand what condition your PC is in, and what can be done to fix it.

3. reduk

reduk Registered Member

Thank you for responding so quickly

I would be more than happy to do that, I only have one question how do I do that? I apologise for my lack of knowledge but I do not know how to create a screen shot and once I do actually post it to the board.

In my defense I did tell you I was stupid

4. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Posting a screen shot is a two-step process. First, you need to make an image of the thing that is showing on your screen that you want to show here. (In this case, the results screen from the ewido scan.) Second, is taking that image and uploading it here.

The first is done by a simple key sequence on the keyboard. If a window (the ewido results screen) is current on your display and you want to grab a copy of it, you press and hold the "Alt" key then hit the "Print Scrn" key. ("Alt" is next to the space bar. "Print Scrn" is a key on the top row at the right side of the keyboard - next to something called "Scroll Lock".)

That stores the image in memory and then you can paste it into Microsoft Paint, which most Windows PCs have available. Open Paint and simply choose the Edit menu's "Paste" option. That'll put the image snapshot you just took into the Paint application.

You can then save that as a file on your PC using the File menu, Save option. Saving as a JPG (jpeg) is probably best.

Posts here on Wilders can take an uploaded attachment using the "Manage Attachments" button that is below the window where you've typed your post text. It'll let you browse to the file you saved in Paint above and then Upload to your next post here.

Here is a thread that has more information on doing this:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=63957

5. Cerxes

Cerxes Registered Member

~snip~ Grab this screencapture from faststone, and follow the easy instructions from both faststone (capture the screen) and here at Wilders (pasting the screen):

http://www.faststone.org/FSCaptureDetail.htm

Regards, C.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2006
  6. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Hello reduk,

If you'd like to also post the scan results in text format....open up the program and select Reports. Then select the report that corresponds to the time\date this find concerns. In the right hand box....copy\paste the contents into a post in this thread.

Bubba

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.