Does SnapAPI update Linux Recovery-CD drivers ???

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by hering69, Sep 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hering69

hering69 Registered Member

Hi, here's my question about the "SnapAPI-Driver-Update" that I didn't find any answer about -
    If I update my german ATI 9.0 Home (build 3.694) with the latest "SnapAPI-Update" will it update the Linux Recovery-Cd Driver also, so it may support the brandnew Intel P965/ICH8-Chipset or does it only update the windows-driver o_O
    Anyone has an answer ?
    Ciao
    Hering69

Last edited: Sep 28, 2006
  2. Bruce Mahnke

Bruce Mahnke Registered Member

Using the English version of True Image 9.0, build 3677 Home Edition I compared the MD5 checksum values of every file on the CD using two different versions of the driver. There is no difference. Therefore, I have to conclude that using the later version of SnapAPI_l_s_e.exe only changes the Windows driver located at Start > Run, enter the expression [%SystemRoot%\System32] and scroll down for the file 'snapapi.dll'. You can check the properties and the version number. Using the English version 9.0, build 3677 it does not alter the Linux Recovery-CD Driver, which I expected to be case.

Regarding your chipset in Windows I cannot answer that question.

3. hering69

hering69 Registered Member

@Bruce Mahnke: Thx for your answer !!!
    OK, so is there any other possibilty to update the Linux-Drivers for ATI o_O
    Ciao
    Hering69

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Hering69,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

Please be aware that you should recreate Acronis Bootable Media after installing the latest build. Please also note that there is no need to recreate Acronis Bootable Media after updating of SnapAPI, because it updates only Windows drivers.

If you have any problems with Acronis Bootable Media hardware support, please create Windows System Information and Linux System Information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please submit a request for technical support. Provide the files and information collected in your request, exact model and vendor of your hardware along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Please also note that a possible workaround is to use BartPE based CD allowing one to boot the computer into a Windows-like environment adding the appropriate drivers for any hardware devices installed in the computer at startup.

We are always at your service should you have any further questions.

Thank you.
    --
    Ivan Sarychev

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.