avast to replace bitdefender in avk 2007

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by metallicakid15, Aug 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

I don't think that will happen. After all they just licensed scan engine, not entire avast! program.

2. Legendkiller

Legendkiller Registered Member

whatever,avast is an excellent AV and i am only happy that avast is replacing bitdefender....
    and as mentioned b4,avast webscanner is one of the best i have seen,very good.
    AVK may just find the right kinda people using it.

3. nicM

nicM nico-nico

Yeah, I know :doubt: .. And how would they implement Kav engine defs in that web scanner too, anyway..

Well, it was just a wish. I think a lot of Avk users would swap their Avk web scanner for the Avast one :D .

I had to disable web scanner for a while on my computer running Avk, and I'm wondering what they're changing in the 2007 beta, since they now talk about IM protection : The 2006 version scanner is already scanning IM traffic, you just have to see the refreshing speed of webcams and quality of audio talks with and without this scanner to see that :eek: (confirmed by a look to connections).

4. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

It may indeed be possible to acquire a few parts of the program via the engine license. I can think of two programs that do (or once did) this:

- eScan, whose On-Demand Scanner process and the real-time monitor module are the same as Kaspersky

- Virus Chaser, whose SpiderMail component is exactly the same as Dr.Web's.

So it may indeed be possible to include the Avast web scanner in AVK, but this is a developer decision. It may be difficult to use the DoubleScan technology with the Avast module.

5. Re Lacks

Re Lacks Registered Member

pff bitdefender is in the 3rd first in every serious detection test and you're saying avast will be work nicer than it?!
    be serious :cautious:

6. lodore

lodore Registered Member

i think they should of kept bitdefender. no offence but avast is not as good.

they could of added antivir engine instead

7. Re Lacks

Re Lacks Registered Member

bitdefender is the real new kaspersky challenger... avk take freeware in this software and users will be paied for that... they gone is in a wrong way

8. i_g

i_g Registered Member

Guys, you obviously don't get it. These statements, no matter if correct or wrong, have actually limited relevance to AVK detection capabilities. Think about it ;)

9. ashishtx

ashishtx Registered Member

gdata.JPG resource usage for g data internet security.

10. ashishtx

ashishtx Registered Member

This resource usage info is about g data internet security 2007. This version looks much improved and lighter than 2006 version. I got this from g data website(german) and obviously it is in german language.

g data 2.JPG

11. TAP

TAP Registered Member

BitDefender also has a freeware (BitDefender Free Edition), Kaspersky also has a freeware (Active Virus Shield), so what wrong about avast!?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.