Rescue Media Builder-Acronis TI 9

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by alacker, Aug 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alacker

alacker Registered Member

Each time I try to make a bootable rescue disk, I get an error message. All it says is that there is an error burning the bootable CD-R or CD-RW. What is causing this error? Is there a device or driver conflict? I am running Windows XP, service pack 2.

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello alacker,

Firstly, make sure you use only blank CD-R or CD+/-RW disks and then try these well known workarounds one at a time:

- Disable/remove Roxio's Drag-to-Disk software if installed (usually the cause of the problem).
    - When prompted to insert the blank CD, leave the drawer open and then click "Proceed". TI will close the door manually and (hopefully) burn the rescue CD.
    - Disable Windows XP's built-in CD recording (Open "My Computer", right click on the CD/DVD recorder and select "Properties". Select the "Recording" tab and uncheck the "Enable CD recoding on this drive" tickbox).
    - Reboot your computer into Widows SAFE mode (F8 whilst Windows is booting) and try creating the CD from there.

Regards

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello alacker,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

First of all, please make sure you use the latest build (3677) of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home. To get access to updates you should first register your software.

Please note that there are several workarounds in case you cannot create Acronis True Image Bootable CD. Please have a look at this post for details.

If the issue persists, please collect the information requested by Alexey in the post mentioned above and submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.