Future Changes to Nod32

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Blackspear, Oct 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

well in version 3 there wont be an IMON so if they keep a http scanner im guessing it will work differently.

2. rogervernon

rogervernon Registered Member

Would this `be why Onspeed will not instal email acceleration, saying that "incompatible software has been found"?

3. NOD32 user

NOD32 user Registered Member

Google Desktop Search reported similar in some earlier versions (although those I am aware of that got it installed reported it worked fine anyway), but later GDS was changed an no longer complained during install...

IMON I'm certain operates in the compliant manner, I think winsock compatability issues must be inherent to the winsock device itself... Nonetheless I think it is a better idea for NOD32 to not make use of this interface which is the source of so many compatability issues... JMHO

Word is that there is no IMON in v3 when it arrives.

Cheers:)

4. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

can we have the trial have a different color-scheme to the full version in 3.0? That way when users see it as say - blue - instead of green - it will the quickest way to tell they have a trial, not a full verified version?

cheers

Greg

5. pykko

pykko Registered Member

as far as I am conerned NOD32 3.0 will have different color scheme depending on the shields it has enabled/disabled. Red when every on-access scanning protection is disabled, yellow when only one module is disabled and green when everything is fine. Colors may differ because I don't remmember exactly. Perhaps they'll add your suggestion too....and hopefully it will be out in august. :D

6. Milesch

Milesch Registered Member

Searched several ways here and could not locate where this has been requested:

REDUCE LOG SIZE

Even with "log files" unchecked, I still have about 275 extraneous files listed which causes difficulty in locating errors -- the real purpose of the log!

Have attempted to exclude in AMON & DMON two suffixes .zip and .ask, and also listed the particular folders to be excluded. But the files persist.

Examples:

241 .zip entries in Spybot listed as:
    C\:D&S\all users\app data\spybot\recovery \wrongapppath.zip or backweb, my searth, windows media player, etc.

The "recovery" folder contains about 15 .zip folders, all password encrypted. Perhaps these are simply old spybot files of stuff found or quarantined, but I don't know which ones can be safely deleted.

38 .ask entries in Adaware listed as:
    C:\program files\lavasoft \ad-awareSEpersonal\skins\ ad-awareSE default.ask

There is only one file under "skins," ad-aware SE default.ask" and it contains many encrypted .bmp's.

Hopefully in the next version this will be possible??

Thank you,
    Miles Chapuis

7. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Under NOD32 Scanner, you will see No.12. Have a check box to allow only found infections to be displayed while scanning.

Cheers :D

8. Milesch

Re: Future Changes to Nod32-Reduce log size

Interesting that I could not locate the exact reference.

It is not included in msg 12 under "future changes," so searched for NOD32 scanner and found 942 entries

In another thread, "Just click on Logs and select the Threat Log instead of the Scanner Logs the single entry you speak of should be listed there." My threat log is blank, even though a few viruses were found in old email msgs being kept -- believe it auto quarantined them, so perhaps they are not a threat?

Also I would prefer to see more than threats -- there can be other problem files which are not a threat and which can be cleaned up if found in the log.

9. Blackspear

Hi jodu, welcome to Wilders.

As your post is in relation to version 3.0 and compatibility I have moved your post HERE

The answer to your question is both Mozilla Firefox and Thunderbird are fully compatible with the current version of NOD32 and will also be with future versions of NOD32.

10. Blackspear

Re: Future Changes to Nod32-Reduce log size

The very first post of this thread has this feature requested, see NOD32 Scanner and Item number 12.

11. Milesch

Log size

Just located 12 -- it was in your first msg on this thread.

12. Blackspear

Re: Log size

Indeed ;) :D and currently being discussed HERE

13. jodu

jodu Registered Member

Hello.
    I think I didn't explain myself right.
    For example Norton is full compatible with mozila firefox/thunderbird, but is only integrated in IE and Outlook express, I can control Pop up, add's in IE(Firewall toolbar) but not in firefox. I can control allowed/bloked list in outlook ( antispam toolbar ) but not in thunderbird. I was talking about this kind of intregation.
    For what I've seen, all major AV are still not giving the right importance to mozilla/thunderbird and Opera, and I think that someone who cares about security whon't use IE/outlook express.
    Thanks.

14. WSFuser

theres not many details about the spam blocker in the new suite so i cant answer.

it is also unknown if nod32 suite will have other privacy features (e.g. cookie control, pop-up blocker).

15. WSFuser

when updating, nod32 should display a different message when it cannot connect to the server or teh server is overloaded.

currently it only message is: Your version is up to date. No update nesseccary.

16. Brian N

Brian N Registered Member

Already in there if it can't connect.
    But when overloaded .. I'm not so sure :)

17. JRCATES

JRCATES Registered Member

Without reading through all of the nearly 500 posts in this thread (sorry, lazy and pressed for time)....has it been mentioned that any users would like to see NOD32 "LOAD" a little quicker at PC bootup? I currently have a few programs that jump in front of it, and it seems to take a little longer than I'd prefer to load it's little icon in the sys tray (doesn't seem to matter...splash screen or no splash screen).

OK, I know that's nitpicking a bit...I really do like the way that NOD runs, operates and performs on my machine.....but a little quicker "load" (especially into the system tray) at startup would be pretty nice, that's all. ;)

18. WSFuser

iirc, the systray is just part of the gui and the actual service does load earlier. correct me if im wrong.

19. ASpace

ASpace Guest

No , you are absolutely right !!! :D

JR , NOD32 is integrated into the kernel and it loads really early / like every other service in Windows (such as WF). It uses the default action and prevent every malware from loading :)

What you see is the splash screen and you can even now disable it . It disaapears as soon as the icon for NOD32 CC is loaded . The speed also depends on your computer/processor ;)

20. JRCATES

I've tried it both ways....WITH the splash screen, and with the splash sceen disabled. It doesn't seem to make any difference as to how quickly the sys tray icon loads.

I guess I can see where my post was mistaken as the actual "program"......so perhaps I should reword that. I'd like for the sys tray icon/GUI to "load" quicker (LOL) :D Like I said, I know that's nitpicking...but even ewido's sys tray icon jumps in front of NOD's, and I'd simply like for the NOD icon to jump into the sys tray first - almost as soon as my desktop appears....:p ;)

21. NOD32 user

NOD32 user Registered Member

nameless has suggested here that the help file be updated
    Cheers :)

22. ASpace

ASpace Guest

What I want to see in the new version /The Suit/ is:

Firewall includes Intrusion Prevention System as well as controling the programs and Stealth mode

Firewall have an option to filter only incoming attacks (be only incoming protection)

Antivirus is ok now . I don't want to have an option "Scan new and modified files only" since the current scan engine is really fast and doesn't need such thing

Antispyware -> have detection from definitions and more advanced tools to see and be able to control Start-up files , BHOs and things like that
    Also , if possible , to automatically remove more registry keys :D

As already metioned , if possible to remove running malware automatically without showong message that the user should perform Full Scan :)

A global change in colour ...Yes , I want something like red or more light colour , not the current blue/green

Thanks a lot ! :thumb:

23. JRCATES

I think as an "OPTION"....that it would be OK. I think letting each individual user choose whether they'd like to scan "ALL" or "ONLY" the new and modified files would be the best approach.

Well, if you really want red.....you could always switch to McAfee or BitDefender :p :D ;)

24. WSFuser

or maybe nod32 could have color scheme/skin like bitdefender.

25. JRCATES

Nah, I kinda like the green/blue look myself. Besides, I just got away from McAfee. I've had my feel of red for a while :p :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.