Scheduled Tasks not Starting

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by PEI_Roy, Jul 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PEI_Roy

PEI_Roy Registered Member

Acronis True Image 9.0 Build 2,302 installed on a windows XP SP2 machine. I have two tasks that are scheduled to run on alternating days. They are not kicking off automatically. If I procede to edit the task before I get to 'finish' the task starts up. I am supplying username and password (the currently logged in adminstrative account) for the network share and the task scheduling. The username and password are identical. This is a workgroup and not a domain setup as well.
    Any ideas on what to check? It is a bit of hit and miss. I double checked the setup this morning and the task scheduled for yesterday kicked off. I did not change any settings and before I 'finish' editing the task it starts. Now the task scheduled for today is starting like it should.
    When it does fail to start I'm not seeing any messages in the log on the appointed time the task should kick off. Is there a sleep issue going on? The machine has a program running constantly on it so the machine should be hibernating or turning off the hard disks.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello PEI_Roy,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

I am sorry for the delayed response.

First of all, please make sure you use the latest build (3677) of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home. You can find the build number in the Help -> About dialog (it should be a 3 or 4 digit number). To get access to updates you should first register your software. Please uninstall the previous build of Acronis True Image prior to the installation of the new build of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home.

If the issue persists, please do the following:

- Download schedmgr.exe application;

- Open the command prompt (Start -> Run -> cmd);

- Run the following command in the folder the schedmgr.exe file was saved to:

schedmgr get report > schedreport.txt

- Collect schedreport.txt;

- Run Acronis Schedule Manager program (schedmgr.exe);

- Issue the following command:

set logflags support

- Schedule backup creation once again;

- Wait until the scheduled backup will fail;

- Collect the log file schedul2.log that is placed in the \Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\Schedule2 folder.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.