What's new in ewido-setup_4.0.0.172b.exe?

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by Chubb, Jul 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

Hi Vinzenz,

What's new in ewido-setup_4.0.0.172b.exe?

Some minor fixes in setup or the trial period issue?

Thanks...

2. vinzenz.ewido

vinzenz.ewido former ewido team

Just small changes. As long as the number does not increase there are just some minor changes.

Btw. All files in a new setup will be available via update too, so there is no need to track the number ;)

BR

3. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, my friends@Ewido: You have closed my new thread, therefore I have to use this open(still?) thread to post my questions. Can I? Thanks. Question#1: Why do you post download link @majorgeeks.com and @ softpedia.com for minor changes such as this new one v.4.0.0172b if there is no big deal? Question#2: If this minor changes are d/l thru daily(I surely hope so)updates, why does NOTHING have been displayed or divulged ? As result of these grave areas, I, maynot be the only one , am confused. I do hope you appreciate my concerns and surely hope you not close this thread due to my abrupt questioning. o_O Good Day, or perhaps Good evening in Germany.

4. vinzenz.ewido

vinzenz.ewido former ewido team

hi Perman,

I've closed the thread because this one was the first about that and one thread is enough for the same question about the same file.

to #1,We DO NOT commit those changes to any other site. This is done by some users, not by us.

to #2,
    This are bugfixes related to the setup. These changes are normally not relevant to the users who have already installed 4.0 And this was only twice now. Because one bug wasn't really fixed and should be fixed with this second setup file.

In general if we offer a new build of the binaries in the setup the files for the other users (who have already installed ewido 4.0) will receive those binaries through the normal update if it is manually (by clicking 'start update') or automatically.

BR

5. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, Vinzenz: Many thanks to your prompt reply. Now I totally understand your policy and positions. I am your die-hard user and firmly believe that your tech support is second to none. Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.