NewB Questions

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by koolsand, Jun 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. koolsand

koolsand Registered Member

1) While creating the acronis boot cd is it possible to add the backup image to that boot cd? so that if something happens i boot the cd and restore the image easily. since i have my plain xp installation image with only 565mb i would like to have acronis and the image in one cd or dvd

2) and also i would like to add some partition image programs like gparted,qtparted in the acronis boot cd? is it possible?

3) The Acronis boot cd is mapped to US-Eng keyboard by default. I would like to map some other language keyboard. What should i do for that?

4)I have created an image containing xp with all the applications i use installed in it. I restored the image and would like to use the same image as full back up image for creating incremental backup. Will it work?

5)It seems to be that Acronis TI9 supports vista 5384 partially. i can able to backup/restore the image from bootcd and from vista and it is working properly. But unable to mount the image from vista. getting some could not load driver disk.sys? Is there any beta versions of acronis TI available for vista?

6) How can i make the acronis rescue media in a usb key?

2. mark3

mark3 Registered Member

No it is not possible. When you try and create a Rescue CD you will find a window which displays all the programs that can be included. Currently it is only Acronis Products.
    However, do a search of this forum for Bart PE and you will find that you can create a disk that can include all the information that you have specified.

Again, use Bart PE

Yes. You might also want to think about using differential instead. See Acronis Help for the difference between incremental and differential.

Regarding points 3, 5 & 6, maybe somebody else will be able to provide you with an answer.

3. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello koolsand,

If you're using the latest build of TI 9.0 Home (3633), do it the other way around i.e. create the image to CD/DVD and elect to also include the Acronis Media Components. This option becomes available when you backup to removable media by selecting "Set the options manually" in the "Choose Backup Options" window and then clicking "Next". If you had Acronis Disk Director Suite installed, you can even include its bootable media components via the "Advanced" tab of the Media Components selection.

This has been requested previousely by a French/Swiss user. Acronis said they would consider such an option for possible inclusion in a future version.

Plug in the USB flash drive, format as FAT not FAT32 and select it as the destination for the rescue media. You will then need to set your system BIOS to boot from either USB HD, USB CD-ROM or USB ZIP etc (try each setting in turn). However, whether the USB key will actually boot correctly or not depends on the type/make of key and, more importantly, how USB booting has been implemented by the manufacturer of your motherboard. Good luck!!

Regards

4. koolsand

koolsand Registered Member

Thank you for your suggestion and help. As a full featured product Acronis TI9 should have the option for international keyboard support in the rescue media. It is implemented in all the tiny Free Linux distros. Any idea when the new version will be available?. That option is very important to me. Is there any other tweaks can be made to support that option.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.