Media builder error

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by nickster_uk, Jun 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nickster_uk

nickster_uk Registered Member

Hi...

I'm having problems creating a rescue disc, no matter what options I choose, it tells me:

Error
    E00040010: Device is busy. (0x40010)
    Tag = 0x8B7F8138EBD33EA5
    Retry - Cancel

Have tried numerous different cd's but it always gets to same error.

Have definately selected the correct target and it definately isn't busy.

Can someone please advise what to do?

Thanks...

2. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

I would think you have some other software lurking in the background that wants or has taken access to the CDrom.

Do you have perhaps something like Nero Image Drive or your softwares version of InCD etc running.

If you are using XP or 2K it might be worth looking in Task Manager and see if there is something running that might like to take control of the CDrom.

Colin

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello nickster_uk,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please make sure that you use the latest build of the respective version of Acronis True Image which is available at: http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/

To get access to updates you should create an account at:
    http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/my/
    then log in and use your serial number to register your software.

There are several workarounds in case you cannot create Acronis True Image Bootable CD:

1. Please make sure that you are using a blank unformatted CD-R or CD-RW disc.

2. Boot into Safe mode (press F8 when Windows starts up and choose Safe mode to boot into) and then create Acronis True Image Bootable CD.

3. Update any third-party CD-writing software installed on the computer to the latest version available for free on its respective web-site.

4. Uninstall any CD burning software temporarily and then create Acronis True Image Bootable CD.

5. If you use Windows XP please uncheck the "Enable CD recording on this drive" box in the "Recording" tab (to get to this tab please right click on the CD-drive in "My computer" and choose "Properties").

6. One more workaround:

- Eject any disc from the burner prior to starting the program;
    - Proceed until the program asks for a disc;
    - Insert a disc and then click the OK button to close the tray automatically.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

4. nickster_uk

nickster_uk Registered Member

Thanks for the reply Colin...you were spot on! It must've been InCD and it was sorted after a reboot.

Thanks again :)

5. Obviousman

Obviousman Registered Member

I had the exact same "Device is busy" error which also popped up every single time I tried to make a backup to a DVD. Extremely frustrating. :mad: I independently blundered on to the same workaround that Tatyana lists above, allow me to quote:

- Eject any disc from the burner prior to starting the program;
    - Proceed until the program asks for a disc;
    - Insert a disc and then click the OK button to close the tray automatically. (emphasis mine)

The key for me is in that third line. If I insert the disc and close the tray the way you normally would (by manually pushing the tray back in or pressing the DVD's eject button) I will get a nonsensical "Device is busy" error 100% of the time, which will endlessly repeat every time I click the Retry button. If I insert the disc, LEAVE THE TRAY OPEN, click the OK button, and allow the program to close the tray for me, I NEVER get this error. Very odd. :doubt:

If I get a "Device is busy" error with a disc inside the recorder, pressing the eject button to open the tray and then clicking the Retry button to close it again also works.

6. kevanclarke

kevanclarke Registered Member

I had the same error e00040010

The amswer was to NOT close the DVD Drive door - just leave the DVD drive ejected then the program will close it for you and work ok!!

Worrying :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.