Setting up Tor/Proxomitron+SocksCap

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by AJohn, Nov 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paranoid2000

Paranoid2000 Registered Member

Check that you are using the latest version of Proxomitron (June 2003, not May 2003). May 2003 had a "proxy fallback" feature where Proxomitron would connect directly if it detected problems with the proxy (see PROXOMITRON 4.5 -- May vs. June). While originally intended for performance purposes, this feature did compromise those using anonymous proxies so was quickly removed.

2. notageek

notageek Registered Member

Yes I'm using the june version of proxo. Since I have a little time today, I'm going to tinker with it to see if I can fix it. I post back if I fix it or not.

3. unknown89

unknown89 Guest

i followed the instructins for proxomitron and sockscap but when i try to use an external proxie it asks me for a username and password? what could i have done wrong?

4. Paranoid2000

Paranoid2000 Registered Member

Kye-U's forum seems to have vanished (if you have a new location, Kye-U, please post the details!) so here is a copy of his recommended configuration for Privoxy when used in conjunction with Proxomitron and Tor. Extract the 3 files (default.action, standard.action and config.txt) into your Privoxy folder, overwriting the existing ones.

Attached Files:

5. Devinco

Devinco Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.