Acronis True Image Server 9 not installing

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by RonBunch, Apr 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RonBunch

RonBunch Registered Member

I'm getting the following error. The installation was interrupted before Acronis True Image Server could be installed. You need to restart the installer to try again.
    This is a Dell file server running SBS 2003PE.
    I restarted the file server before installing the software.
    I restarted after I got this error the first time and tried again and I got the same results.
    I'm not receiving any errors in the event viewer.

Thanks

Ron Bunch

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Ron,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Server Disk Backup Software.

First of all, please make sure that you try to install the latest build (3567) of Acronis True Image 9.1 Server for Windows which is available at: http://www.acronis.com/enterprise/support/updates/

You can find the full version name and build number by right-clicking on the installation file, going to it's Properties and and looking at the Version tab.

To get access to updates you should create an account at:
    http://www.acronis.com/enterprise/my/
    then log in and use your serial number to register your software.

If the problem still persists with the latest build (3567) of Acronis True Image 9.1 Server for Windows then please calculate the installation file's MD5 checksum using eXpress CheckSum Calculator. The MD5 checksum of the TrueImageServer9.1.3567_s_en.exe file should be as follows: b921daa70c9e6960aa206261c42cb525

If the checksum calculated is different from the one mentioned above then the installation file is corrupt and therefore can not be used to install the software. In this case we recommend you to re-download the latest build (3567) of Acronis True Image 9.1 Server for Windows from the Product Updates section of your account at Acronis web site.

If that's not the case and the checksum calculated is identical to the one mentioned above then please try removing all registry entries related to the previous Acronis True Image installation(s), if any, using Windows Installer CleanUp Utility. Then please try to install the latest build (3567) of Acronis True Image 9.1 Server for Windows once again and see the result.

If that does not help either then please do the following:

- Launch the product installation file once more;

- Right-click on the "Install Acronis True Image" button and select "Extract";

- Select the path for extracting the component and click "Save";

- Go to the Run prompt (Start -> Run) and issue the following command:

msiexec /i msi-name /l*v log-name

Where msi-name is the name of the file you extracted in steps 2-3 and log-name is the path and the name to the log file you want to save the output to;

- Reproduce the problem and collect the log file created during the installation.

Please also create Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please submit a request for technical support. Attach the files and information collected to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the most suitable solution as soon as possible.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

3. crtdude

crtdude Registered Member

I also had a problem with installing 9.1 Server on a system which is a domain controller - same symptom - installer backed off after running through 98% of the install giving me the illustrious "interrupted" message. After 3 tries and having to reinstall version 8, my server decided it had it and would not restart. I had to restore from a v8 backup I just made before trying to install 9.

Odd thing though, it did correctly install on a local test system here which is also running W2003 Server but is not a domain controller.

Obviously, with several people having the same issues, there is something very wrong here. ACRONIS, speak up. Stop asking for the installer log files and tell us what is going on - you must know something. I have not seen one post of a resolution on at least 5 "installer interrupted" problems where you asked for installer logs.

4. Acronis Support

Hello crtdude,

Please make sure that you use the latest build (3633) of Acronis True Image 9.1 Server for Windows which is available at: http://www.acronis.com/enterprise/support/updates/

Please note that we are not able to provide you with a solution and explain a cause of the problem without the information about your hardware/software configuration and specific logs.

Please provide the information requested in thread above. This information would let us investigate the problem under consideration thoroughly and provide you with a possible workaround.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

5. gla_gus

gla_gus Registered Member

hi,
    i have the same problem,
    i installing acronis enterprise server on vmware virtual machine - windows XP english version with all servicepack, member of domain.

i downloaded "TrueImageEnterpriseServer9.1_d_en.exe" with this MD5 checksum - A7284F38DE14C7EC53F3BAFB263D9529

insalation of "enterprise server" and "managment console" was succesfuly, but when i try to install backup server i have the same problem. anything else you need to know?
    thx

6. Acronis Support

Hello gla_gus,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Remote Server Backup Software.

We are very sorry for the delay with the response.

Please follow the instructions provided in my post #2 (see above). We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the most suitable solution as soon as possible.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

7. crtdude

crtdude Registered Member

Acronis,

Why is it that we have to compile install logs etc., etc. when these installers should be tested before they are released?

Why don't you post answers to the problems you are fixing? That would make more sense so people can troubleshoot before they come to you.

8. drinktealo

drinktealo Registered Member

i've got the same problem
    my os is win2003 small business server
    i install the same file on other computers
    and finish the installation normally
    i have download the file from many source
    and install the different version(home,enterprice server,server)
    and encounter the same problem
    i have paste the log file below
    hope it will be helpful to solve the problem

Attached Files:

• log.txt
      File size:
      475.9 KB
      Views:
  9. Acronis Support

Hello crtdude and drinktealo,

crtdude

Please note that when the problem is complicated it is much easier and faster to solve it via e-mail because this way gives you much more opportunities to get diagnostic info that our Development Team needs to help you with the solution. When the issue is known or doesn't need any diagnostic info to be sent we always try to solve the problem here without having to contact Acronis Support Team.

The main thing is that the same problem can be resulted from different reasons. This means that each time we need diagnostic info of the particular customer who has this problem.

drinktealo

Please create Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post and submit a request for technical support. Attach the collected log file and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

10. drinktealo

thanks for your answer
    i've post them to the acronis help
    if solved
    i'll paste the solution here

11. drinktealo

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP.....
    I've installed it successfully
    After i uninstall the ti8
    i forgot to reboot my computer
    after that
    i can install ti9 correctly
    thanks again

12. tradican

tradican Registered Member

I previously installed the Acronis Backup Server on my machine and it worked for about a week. All of the sudden, the backups began to fail - invalid username / password. After calling tech support, they told me to uninstall Backup Server, and reinstall it. After I uninstalled it, I was unable to reinstall it - so they screwed me up more than I already was. After dealing with broken English and the worst telephone connection available since 1910, I took it upon myself to solve the problem without the support I PAID for. Here is what I did:

1) Uninstalled all Acronis software off of my server (Backup Server, Group Server)
    2) Rebooted
    3) Installed the SnapAPI Drivers (got the download link from support). I don't know if this did anything, as I was able to install this software fine the FIRST time, but I did it, so I'm telling you all.
    4) Rebooted
    5) Logged on as a different administrative user on the machine. At first, I was on a domain account with administrative privelages on the network & on that machine. I then changed accounts just for the install to simply "Administrator" on that machine (not on the domain).
    6) Installed Backup Server with "for all users" option (very important)
    7) Rebooted
    :cool: Logged back onto the domain using my original account (not "Administrator")
    9) DONE!!!

I hope this helps all who are as frustrated and fed up with Acronis as I was. For further information, here's the specs of my server:

-Windows XP Pro SP2 (with latest updates 06-14-06)
    -2 GB Corsair XMS PC400 DDR Memory
    -4 300GB SATA Seagate Barracudas in RAID 0+1 (558GB effective)
    -AMD Athlon XP 3200+ "Venice"
    -Asus A8N5X mobo
    -Asus N6200TC PCI-Express GFX Card

13. tradican

tradican Registered Member

UPDATE:
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, after I got it to reinstall and work, my problem came back! Looks like True Image will NEVER work. I have formatted and reinstalled untill I turned blue, and the SAME PROBLEM continues to come back - that users database is terrible; it corrupts on a daily basis. I think I'm done with Acronis. Symantec is looking pretty tempting now.

14. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

Just by way of feedback. I too suffered from the dreaded "interrupted" installation syndrome. I raised a support request and every few days was asked to reinstall TI9 again in different ways. This was terribly frustrating as I was relying on TI8 at the time to backup everyday. Every time I ran another diagnostic test for the Acronis guys the TI9 installation would wipe out TI8 and my scheduled task files, then give up its own installation leaving me to reinstall TI8 again. If I ever see that sodding 5-part serial number again it will be too soon - the single paste on in TI9 is much better.

Anyhow, my machine ran over a VPN to work as part of a domain, and I have very good reason to believe that the group policies were in a mess. I was unable to add new hardware, or create non-admin accounts with interactive logons. I suspected that this could possibly be related to the TI installation problem, but we will never know, as I did a clean install of my system. TI9 installed fine.

If you are suffering from the "interrupted" installation problem, I suggest that you may want to check out if your policies are centrally administered. This might just be a cause. If anyone else can confirm or deny this I would be interested to hear.

F

15. luozhiqi

luozhiqi Registered Member

The installation was interrupted before Acronis True Image Server could be installed. You need to restart the installer to try again.

By any means, the installation could not be completed.

16. homeshark

homeshark Registered Member

I have also received the interuppted installation BUTTTT I can give you all some more information that might help. I have checked the Event logs and notice these entries.
    Under Application
    "Product: Acronis Backup Server. The file C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\Common\rpc_client.dll is being held in use by the following process Name: msiexec , Id 5196."
    "Product: Acronis Backup Server. The file C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\Fomatik\sablotron.dll is being held in use by the following process Name: msiexec , Id 5196."

Under System
    "The Acronis Remote Agent service was successfully sent a start control."
    and a few others just like this saying started then stopped.

NOW here is my analysis, I have always tried to install it while connected remotely, through remote desktop. The errors in Application log suggest it might need files that are being used by Remote Desktop. What do you all say.

OH and as a last note the system is windows 2003. I tried using the same installation file on my main windows XP computer and it installed just fine. So I know the installation file is good and working.

Also here is a log

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 25, 2006
  17. desss

desss Registered Member

Same here. Cant install Acronis True Image Server 9.1.3677
    The installation was interrupted before Acronis True Image Server could be installed. You need to restart the installer to try again.

Attached Files:

18. Acronis Support

Hello luozhiqi, homeshark and desss,

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

Could you please check that the MD5 summ for the installation file of the latest build (3677) of Acronis True Image 9.1 Server for Windows is [ ac1d3e7aeb187f04ae7ffd0e066ff99a ]. You can use eXpress CheckSum Calculator.

If the checksum calculated is different from the one mentioned above then the installation file is corrupt and therefore can not be used to install the software. In this case we recommend you to re-download the latest build (3677) of Acronis True Image 9.1 Server for Windows from the Product Updates section of your account at Acronis web site.

If that's not the case and the checksum calculated is identical to the one mentioned above then please collect the installation log file the way Alexey described in the post#2 of this thread. Also create Windows System Information on the computer where you try to install the program. Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

19. Acronis Support

Hello tradican,

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Could you please describe the issue you have experience now in more details?

Please let us know the build number of the product, which you can find in the Help -> About dialog (4 digit number).

Could you please let me know your Acronis request # which was sent to you in autoreply to your letter?

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.