Will AddRemove Uninstall Secure Zone?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by poirot, Feb 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poirot

poirot Registered Member

just one more question:
    if Secure zone was installed, and you uninstall Acronis 9 without previously taking care of the Secure Zone, will it be removed by the uninstall process or there is the chance it can still be there where it was?
    and, in this latter instance, can it be used/deleted or managed by a new installation of the program?

2. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

It will still be there and can be managed/used/deleted by the new installation.

Xpilot

3. poirot

poirot Registered Member

thank you, Xpilot.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello poirot,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please be aware that if you have a beforehand created Acronis Secure Zone then during the uninstallation process Manage Acronis Secure Wizard is started automatically allowing you to remove Acronis Secure Zone adding the free space to any of your partitions or keep Acronis Secure Zone intact. I would also like to confirm the Xpilot's statement. If you keep Acronis Secure Zone intact during the Acronis True Image 9.0 uninstallation process then the new installation will be able to see\manage\use this Acronis Secure Zone.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

5. poirot

poirot Registered Member

Thanks for your clarification Alexey,but i have a few problems:

TI9 was formerly installed in pc-
    nobody knows if ASZ was installed-
    there were boot problems and continouus reboot problems-
    the pc in question underwent a motherboard change-
    after motherboard was changed some boot problems persisted (no SafeMode)-
    owner badly uninstalled TI9 (many files still present after) and tried to install new version,which stopped half way-
    disk Manager in XP Pro shows 122 Gygas disk and 23 gygas unallocated for which nobody can offer an explanation-
    i come into the picture and suggest a super disk&registry clean up to begin with-
    Safe Mode can be accessed-
    new version now installs-
    BUT , as soon as its installed, no more Safe Mode,plus some programs windows appearing without being opened.

My aim was trying to find out (from a distance) what happened to those 23 gygas missing from the total and IF Secure Zone was installed,in which case i'll eventually use the restoring MBR procedure and/or the MS Recovery console for a fixboot or similar,
    but ,before using a 'make it or break it' attitude i badly need some advice and suggestions......anyone,please?

6. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello poirot,

Sounds very much as if a Secure Zone (SZ) had been created, along with the Startup Recovery Manager (SRM).

Boot into Windows XP's Recovery Console and issue the command fixmbr. Alternatively, use the special Acronis mbrautowrite file as detailed in the Sticky titled <Please Read Before You Post>. This will ensure the SRM is disabled by resetting the MBR.

To recover the unallocated space left by incorrect removal of the SZ, follow the instructions in <Acronis True Image 9 Online FAQ #26>.

Regards

7. poirot

poirot Registered Member

Menorcaman thanks a lot! Its because of people like you i like this forum ,but you're a MYTH!
    The mbrautowrite is what i was looking for in order to allow the person in charge of the pc to do something so easy.
    I'll proceed asap along the lines you showed and let you know the outcome.
    regards,poirot

8. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello poirot,

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

One more thing to add regarding the inability to boot into Windows Safe Mode while having Acronis Startup Recovery Manager activated is that this issue in known and will be fixed in the future versions\builds of a particular product, but exact time frame for this is not decided yet.

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.