Now I am confused...

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by dja2k, Jan 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

I found out looking for a good fowarding port for p2p programs that you also need to foward the port UDP in addition to TCP when fowarding in Router\Firewall?

The rules that are in the Look'n'Stop website for server\client are only for TCP, does this mean we have to change the drop down box to (TCP or UDP) for it to work good. I read I had to do that to my NAT router as well. Something to do with torrents wanting UDP access also. Anyone know if this is also true for programs like Limewire, WinMX, Shareaza, DC++, and Ares?

Also does anyone know what are the good ports to use in the following since defualt ports like 6881, 4662, and 6346 are blacklisted and slowdown speeds.

For instance in shareaza ____? bitlord ____? Emule ____?

dja2k

2. tonyjl

tonyjl Registered Member

Hi dja2k.

I use Limewire,i have an incoming rule (which only enable when useing Limewire) which allows connections from
    remote ports - 1024-4999,6346-6348
    to local ports - 1024-4999,6346-6348,33044,45100 (TCP+UDP)

The last two ports aren't needed really,but i find they help speed up the downloads sometimes.

I allow outgoing connections from
    local ports - 1024-4999,6346-6348
    to any remote ports.

Hope that helps mate.

3. waters

waters Registered Member

All you need to do with bittorrent is import the rule from website .Then you will need to change the ports in that rule to the ports your bittorrent cliant uses.
    Just importing the rules will not get you remote connections,only local.

4. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

Once again thanks TonyJL and also thanks waters.

dja2k

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.