SNAPAPI for Linux 2.6.15 kernel

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by igors, Jan 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. igors

igors Registered Member

Hi,

Can you confirm if snapapi26 module is tested and/or avaliable
    for the Linux 2.6.15 kernel ?

I'm using the customised version of the 2.6.15 kernel with the
    ocfs+iscsi support so it's essential that it's stable on this kernel
    version.

Here is the error log:

---
    DKMS make.log for snapapi26-0.6.7 for kernel 2.6.15ocfs (i686)
    Tue Jan 17 17:37:10 GMT 2006
    make: Entering directory `/usr/src/linux-2.6.15'
    CC [M] /var/lib/dkms/snapapi26/0.6.7/build/snapapi26.o
    /var/lib/dkms/snapapi26/0.6.7/build/snapapi26.c: In function `session_devinfo':
    /var/lib/dkms/snapapi26/0.6.7/build/snapapi26.c:1399: error: structure has no member named `reads'
    /var/lib/dkms/snapapi26/0.6.7/build/snapapi26.c:1400: error: structure has no member named `read_sectors'
    /var/lib/dkms/snapapi26/0.6.7/build/snapapi26.c:1401: error: structure has no member named `writes'
    /var/lib/dkms/snapapi26/0.6.7/build/snapapi26.c:1402: error: structure has no member named `write_sectors'
    /var/lib/dkms/snapapi26/0.6.7/build/snapapi26.c:1405: error: structure has no member named `reads'
    /var/lib/dkms/snapapi26/0.6.7/build/snapapi26.c:1405: warning: type defaults to `int' in declaration of `res'
    /var/lib/dkms/snapapi26/0.6.7/build/snapapi26.c:1405: error: structure has no member named `reads'
    /var/lib/dkms/snapapi26/0.6.7/build/snapapi26.c:1406: error: structure has no member named `read_sectors'
    /var/lib/dkms/snapapi26/0.6.7/build/snapapi26.c:1406: warning: type defaults to `int' in declaration of `res'
    /var/lib/dkms/snapapi26/0.6.7/build/snapapi26.c:1406: error: structure has no member named `read_sectors'
    /var/lib/dkms/snapapi26/0.6.7/build/snapapi26.c:1407: error: structure has no member named `writes'
    /var/lib/dkms/snapapi26/0.6.7/build/snapapi26.c:1407: warning: type defaults to `int' in declaration of `res'
    /var/lib/dkms/snapapi26/0.6.7/build/snapapi26.c:1407: error: structure has no member named `writes'
    /var/lib/dkms/snapapi26/0.6.7/build/snapapi26.c:1408: error: structure has no member named `write_sectors'
    /var/lib/dkms/snapapi26/0.6.7/build/snapapi26.c:1408: warning: type defaults to `int' in declaration of `res'
    /var/lib/dkms/snapapi26/0.6.7/build/snapapi26.c:1408: error: structure has no member named `write_sectors'
    make[1]: *** [/var/lib/dkms/snapapi26/0.6.7/build/snapapi26.o] Error 1
    make: *** [_module_/var/lib/dkms/snapapi26/0.6.7/build] Error 2
    make: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux-2.6.15'
    ---

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello igors,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Linux Server Disk Backup Software.

Yes, the latest build (989) of Acronis True Image 8.0 Server for Linux supports Linux 2.6.15 kernel.

As for the problem you have encountered, please reinstall the kernel sources and see if the problem still persists.

If the problem still persists after reinstalling the kernel sources then please provide us with the following information:

- Let us know what exact Linux distribution you use;

- Describe actions taken during the SnapAPI module compilation process step-by-step.

Please also write down the output after each of the following commands or use a digital camera to make a shots of the output screens:

cat /etc/issue
    uname -a

Please submit a request for technical support with the subject indicating that you want to contact Marian Fadeeva. Provide all the collected information in your request along with the link to this thread. Marian will certainly try to help you.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

3. xschema

xschema Registered Member

Hello.
    As reported here I got exactly the identical problem with vanilla or Debian-patched kernel 2.6.15.
    I reinstalled from scratch the latest build 989 and the kernel sources, compiled the kernel with all other modules correctly (fglrx, vmware, rocketraid SATA, and so on), but snapapi doesn't work.

The dkms command line is included in my other post. These are the build infos:
    uname -r

cat /etc/issue
    Debian GNU/Linux testing/unstable \n \l

As said, there's no way to compile the snapapi26 ko with version 2.6.15, 'cause I have compilation errors I hadn't till 2.6.14.7
    Let me underline this point: compiling again with 2.6.14 IT DOES WORK, but can't use those compiled modules with other kernel versions.

Without compiled .ko module, there's no chance to modprobe or insmod it, as stated on the linked page.

Thank you again for your support

4. Acronis Support

Hello igors and xschema,

I've just consulted with the respective person from our Development Team and he assured me that this problem is known already and will be fixed in the next build of Acronis True Image 8.0 Server for Linux which will be available in the Product Updates section of our web site in the nearest future. Please accept our apologies for the current inconvenience.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

5. wishyou

wishyou Registered Member

<bump>

Is there a definite date on when the next version of TI for Linux will be out?

My NIC depends on the 2.6.15 kernel to work properly, but as of now I'm without automatic backup routines.

Wish

6. Acronis Support

Hello wishyou,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Linux Server Disk Backup Software.

Please note that we plan to release the new build of Acronis True Image 8.0 Server for Linux in the nearest future as soon as we finish testing it. I'm sorry but the exact time-frame for that is not decided yet.

Could you please submit a request for technical support with the subject indicating that you want to contact Marian Fadeeva and provide the information confirming your purchase of Acronis software (order number, e-mail, where did you purchase our product, etc.) along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread? We will try to provide you with the temporary solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.