DDS 10 cannot/will not Increase Unallocated space!

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by toomuchtalk, Jan 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. toomuchtalk

toomuchtalk Registered Member

hi and thanks in advance for any help, guys

1. I installed DDS 10 & the OS Selector on my XP MCE 2005 comprising single disk with 2 primary partitions.

2. DDS shows me 7.3 MB unallocated space which DOES NOT show up in Windows Comp Mgmt... thats my first confusion.

3. When i use DDS (manual mode) to increase the unallocated space to 10 GB, it asks for REBOOT after commit. But when i restart, it hangs at the boot screen.

4. OS selector works fine either way, whether i reboot due to DDS or during other, normal use.

cheers..

2. crofttk

crofttk Registered Member

Looks like same issue as your other thread. You may find moderators discourage such practices.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello toomuchtalk,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Partition and Disk Managing Software.

Please accept my apologies for the delay with the response.

1) The 7.8 Mb of unallocated space is in the end of a hard disk drive (it is created in order to allow Windows to convert basic disks into dynamic ones). In this case this unallocated space can be merged into an adjacent Primary partition / Logical disk in Extended partition.

2) The 7.8 Mb of unallocated space is in the beginning of a hard disk drive. In this case this space can be merged only into an adjacent Primary partition. The thing is that an Extended partition can't start from the very beginning of a hard disk drive. So if you try to merge this unallocated space into a Logical disk in Extended partition - this operation will not succeed.

Please make a screen shots of your step-by-step actions.
    Please also create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post and submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.