ewido online scanner beta

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware beta forum' started by peter.ewido, Jul 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ravin

ravin Registered Member

thanks sonya - but what you need to do now is click the process tab then pick on view and check next to pid. this will show the pid# beside the processes. then look for the numbers [340] & [2376]. you really didn't need to post the screenshots and can edit and remove them.

if those two pid's are in the list after you check on view and pid then yes you are infected with the swizzor.bo trojandownlader.

it appears from your scan logs that they reside in your documents and settings application folder as you posted please check to see if they are there as well.

from what I read and understand about this trojandownloader is that when you connect to the internet it downloads certain spyware etc. which would explain the 22 hits you get when connected.

I believe when can get this outta there for ya. please be patient as I'm trying to verify what your scan log showed. It said that it had quarantined the trojan but could not clean it. I think because it could not close the running processes.

I hope I'm being clear. let me know what you discover.

2. SonyaM32

SonyaM32 Registered Member

Nope, there isn't a 340 or 2376. I just leaned something new :D well sorta :D

3. ravin

ravin Registered Member

ok. good, and by the way your doing well with my directions:)

now I need for you to open your ewido and select the quarantine tab and see if the offending file is in there. I believe it was DoesFour?

4. SonyaM32

SonyaM32 Registered Member

Ok, the only 2 high risk ones I see are the swizzor, and market score. I held my mouse pointer over the swizzor so I could read more of it, and it didn't show the whole entire name, so I didn't see does four, but it is the trojan downloader.

5. ravin

ravin Registered Member

great, it did make it to quarantine. you can select it I believe by picking it once and then select remove finally.

and also i would do a search for the DoesFour.exe file and if found delete it as it was the infected file.

let me know how it goes from there.

6. dan_maran

dan_maran Registered Member

I don't mean to revive an older thread, but I just tried the online scan with FF and since it has no ActiveX, it offered a minimal version of Ewido, Ewido_Micro, when executed it downloads the latest signature and then offeres up the normal scanning options from Ewido. This is a great little app.

A question for Fish,
    Is it ok to put Ewido Micro on a USB stick/Bootable CD's(WinPE) for cleaning out infected PC's that have issues, i.e. Malware infestations?

7. peter.ewido

peter.ewido former ewido team

Yes, that's ok :)

The only problem is that it needs internet access for downloading the signatures...

8. dan_maran

Thanks Peter,
    This solves my issues with spyware cleanup from WinPE. Now I can save $400 from purchasing an AVAST BARTCD simply for Malware and "junk files". Thanks alot. :)

Last edited: Dec 17, 2005
  9. Wolfe

Wolfe Registered Member

Splendid alternative! big thanks for this, ewido :cool:

10. sosaiso

sosaiso Registered Member

Impressive scanning speed too. :D

11. TouchuvGrey

TouchuvGrey Registered Member

Any plans to make it work with Frefox ? ( i try and avoid opening IE if at all possible )

Mike

12. peter.ewido

Not at the moment, that's why we have ewido_micro.exe... :)

13. TouchuvGrey

awesome tacular, i've downloaded it and am running it now.

Mike

14. Smokey

Smokey Registered Member

15. TouchuvGrey

Does Maxathon use the IE Engine ?

Mike

16. Rainwalker

Rainwalker Registered Member

17. Dan.........

Dan......... Guest

I can't run the scan due to the ActiveX not being installed... Windows will not allow me to install it.. I recieve this error: 'Windows has blocked this software because it can't verify the publisher'. I have XP SP2 installed.. So when it blocks the ActiveX installation, and then I opt to install it, it still won't install, and gives me the above error message :(

18. peter.ewido

Sorry... fixed :)

19. Dan........

Dan........ Guest

Thanks man. Works like a charm :)

20. pbbt

pbbt Registered Member

Downloaded and ran your Anti Malware program V3.5 today to try out. Love it. It was finally able to rid my computer of cpbrkpie.ocx, something that no other program I have has even found. Thanks!:D (Haven't tried the online scanner yet will do so shortly)

21. Greven

Greven Guest

Is there a way you can make it use the dat and dll file if they located in the same folder as it?

22. Adric

Adric Registered Member

Yes, that does pose a problem trying to scan from a Windows boot CD (XPE) when there is no internet access available. Any chance of downloading the sigs so they can be later used with ewido_micro.exe on the CD?

I.e. if no network connection, look for sigs in the ewido_micro.exe directory. Would really be nice for offline scanning. I know .. it's an online scanner :)

Also, if the ewido_micro.exe were able to the scan system registry files on other partitions, that would be a real plus. As far as I can tell, it only scans the registry of the active partition, which doesn't help much when booting from CD.

Thanks for listening .. Ciao Al

23. Greven

Greven Guest

Using the Mirco scanner offline would be awesome.......

24. dan_maran

The only thing I have fidgured out how to do about this is to decrease the download time by manually (With a batch file) copy the program and older signatures from a thumb drive to the directories needed, this is helpful for dialup users.

25. ovidian

ovidian Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.