Reply from Acronis

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by CliveS, Oct 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pivert

pivert Registered Member

I agree.

Realizing that Acronis TI 9 is so immature, causing so many problems with non-exotic hardware and software, not even to speak about the file-backup that seems even more immature and less than well tested, and the so frequent problem about so-called "corrupted" images I think that indeed Acronis should issue somewhere a real sorry, and extend the trial period.

Acronis has to acknowledge that now many user who had the bad idea to buy new TI 9 or upgrade from 8 to 9 are wasting their time with of software they bought to save time and data !

Doing all the things Acronis asks for ( doing it from Xp, from BootCd, creating logs etct etc) certainly can help them "polish" TI.
    Problem is that it is so frequent that all these are more relevant to engineers work than exceptional-punctual user problem.

Doing these is really time-consuming, and I imagine most of us have to WORK with their PCs, not only play with software.

It seems Acronis really uses the users for beta-testing : allmost all answer aren't answers but calls from Acronis for help and no concrete responses ( at least publicly)

Am almost satisfied with TI 8
    Bought TI 9 ( Acronis send me email for inciting to upgrade. Found new features could be nice. Was very confident. Am terribly discouraged and loosing confidence. See no answers. See no excuse for incorrect software delivery. See errors that without any doubt should never have occured.
    TI 8 will never correct the errors I had with it.
    2 alternatives :
    - hope TI 9 will finally mature ( but when o_Oo_O? )
    - come back to Norton Ghost 6 and DOS ? ( never had a problem with it. But needs reboot. But than no probs on my PC)

Acronis people have to do more than efforts here. They shoudl have waited till product was sufficiently secure ! It is a security product after all !! :mad:

2. crofttk

crofttk Registered Member

Thanks, Alexey.

I myself, at least, have been waiting for a statement like that to reassure me that we're on the same page and Acronis is in touch with reality.

This, however, is not intended to take away from the validity of the above posts' criticism of Acronis for releasing immature software.

Now I find my patience restored somewhat. Best of luck (and skill !) to the Development Team.

3. Paul Siu

Paul Siu Guest

I agree with the others that this release has essentially caused a lot of ill will with the customers. On the plus side, Acronis has and always work to continue to improve the product. On the downside, they have made a lot of missteps:

1. Lack of testing – granted that there are thousands of different combinations of hardware out there, but the problems encountered seems to point to inadequate testing than configuration issue. Everyone seems to be having problems with their recovery CD. I tried the CD on several different machines and they all fail. This is more of a feature that was pushed out before it is ready.

Besides, this is release 9, not release 1. Acronis should have compiled a list of common configurations to test against by now.

2. Bad upgrade policy – the 30 days policy is OK, but they should extend the upgrade until the inventory clears in the stores. Inventories do not magically appear instantly at the stores on the release dates.

3. Constantly placing the blame on individual employees – We keep seeing post that said “Joe Smith is a new employee and the bad statement is because he’s new”. This is not an acceptable excuse. It gives the image that Acronis likes to blame support staff for release policy mistakes or that Acronis does not train their support staff very well.

Keep in mind that backup software’s number one priority is to not backup and restore without data loss. Releasing such a product with a data loss issue is just about the worse thing you can do. Do you think for example I would risk my neck and recommend Acronis to my organization? No way!

All of these problems erode customer loyalty. The only reason that I haven’t jump ship and switch to Acronis’s major competitor is because the competitor is even worse.

4. davidkistner

davidkistner Registered Member

Maybe this is the best way to alert others before they buy the product. At lease they would have something else to consider and not just what the professional reviewer puts out. I realize that many ARE happy with TI but it's also would be nice for others to realize there ARE some serious flaws with the product and they should "buy at their own risk"...

5. GPH

GPH Registered Member

Then why are you continuing to sell it ?.... I mean I've bought it 1 or 2 weeks ago with DDS9, have tried to create a backup on DVD yesterday with no success, came here, in this forum, to understand that I need 3rd party softwares to do it directly... Not a problem for me as even windows XP SP2 is not able to handle directly DVDs.

But looking in all those thread including this one, I now discover that TI9 will probably not be able to restore a backup correctly if needed and that I'll have to spend time in testing in the coming days...

That is completly unbelievable for me... you should put online a refund page where all the ones interested could get their money back !.

6. Peter Mac

Peter Mac Registered Member

thank you for being honest. The fraud accusation was ridiculous. If Acronis was interested in committing fraud they wouldn't link to this support forum from their website!

However, your engineer definitely wrote an idiotic response, but you did apologize.

I feel you should allow me to download Acronis True Image 8.0 from your website until you fix your TI 9.0 bugs. Your TI 8 works just fine.

If I have a serial number for both TI 7.0 and TI 9.0 will they work with TI 8 if I download the latest build?

The latest build of Acronis is TI 8.0:
    Acronis True Image 8.0 937 August 09, 2005 24.7 Mb

Two questions:

1. Is this a full version of TI 8.0?
    2. Can I download this and enter my 7.0 and 9.0 serial number to make it work?

7. davidkistner

davidkistner Registered Member

I'm wondering about this also. For those who cannot get v.9 to work at all, can we get TI version-8 and use our serial number for version-9? Anything just to get by until version-9 works?

8. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, Peter Mac

1. Yes.
    2. No.

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

9. runfree

runfree Guest

I am glad i checked out this bulletin before purchasing TI9.

This forum uses Vbulletin and i believe that admin could get a true sense of customer vote if you just configure a poll vote option here:-

1. For forum members that feel Acronis should offer a goodwill gesture (90 days)

2. Forum members that feel that this status quo is OK

This way the magnitude of the issue could be correctly gauged? What does Acronis feel about this.?

cheers,

chris c

10. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Peter Mac,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Being honest and providing the detailed answer to each customer is my principle. However, taking a support engineer position in a company like Acronis dictates it's own rules.

If you want to temporarily revert to Acronis True Image 8.0 or temporarily exchange your 9.0 license to 8.0 license, please create an account, then log in and submit a request for technical support. Describe your issue and attach the information about your purchase of Acronis software. We will certainly provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.