Acronis 9 Processing failure

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by henryl2, Sep 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tseh

tseh Registered Member

Hi,

as a workaround, enter this in the registry.

Change workdirectory to an empty one, default is your desktop, and as it is said, if you try to browse "My computer" then it crash.

Then you can at least chose Acronis secure zone, without a crash. It crash if you chose any other directory.
    ----------------------
    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Acronis\TrueImage\Settings]
    "WorkDirectory"=""
    ------------------------------------

2. teris

teris Registered Member

I have submitted a support request including the txt file produced from AcronisReport tool but I have not had a response yet.

Teris

3. chuck clasik

chuck clasik Guest

Guess there is no solution to this yet.. Getting the same exact thing.. Thinking of reverting back to 8

4. Pablo Pablovski

Pablo Pablovski Registered Member

Just got an email from Acronis, encouraging me to upgrade to TI9 (I have TI:cool:. I was about to do it when I saw this thread. That'll do it - I sure ain't paying money for yet more bug-ridded, poorly tested beta ware.

"Hello, is that Norton?"

5. dauphin

dauphin Registered Member

@tseh
    Thank you for the suggestion. It was the LASTFILE field in the Registry that I had to set to "" in order to stop TI trying to access the location previously used, but having got that far I was able to select the Acronis Secure Zone and create a new backup there.
    When I then tried to create a backup of another partition, the crash problem returned, but again I was able to work around it by going into Registry. Although the settings here had remained at "" and did not need changing again, I found that when I started another backup procedure there was no crash and I could again save the image to the Secure Zone.
    Whilst this is a lot better than nothing, I am very unhappy with the quality of this release and especially with the deafening silence from Acronis.

6. Tihab

Tihab Guest

Acronis? Are you there?

Although this is looks like a small bug, but is very annoying.

Does this behavior exist in the 15-day demo version as well?

7. dscrap

dscrap Registered Member

bump...

8. coling

coling Registered Member

Hi I have been using True Image 8 since the beginning of the year and have not had any issues with it at all, it has worked flawlessly and has been the best imaging software I have ever used. I am running a raid configuration.
    I have thought about upgrading to version 9 but having read the issues people have had, why should I and pay for that privlege.
    Like most people who subscribe to computer forums we have a reasonable knowledge, intrest and skill when dealing with hardware/software problems.
    However and I include myself in this why do we ALWAYS look to upgrade and be prepared to part with our money. I am know starting to be more cautious ensuring I research the product first.
    Another good example of a bad software release is ITUNES 5 and thats a free software programme, look in their forum to see the problems that has caused. it pails this into insignificance.
    Sometimes it pays to say 'If it ain't broken don't fix it'. I know half the fun is looking for the tweaks and upgrades as I am as guilty as the rest.
    Well I shall keep an eye on this and see what happens

9. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello everyone,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

I'm really sorry for your inconvenience. The problem that you all have reported is in the process of investigation at the moment. I beleive that our Development Team will do their best in order to fix it as soon as possible.

However, if Acronis True Image 9.0 freezes when you are trying to select the location for the image archive (or at any other step of the Backup wizard) and shows error message mentioned above (or any other error) then please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please also do the following:

- Press the Start button, choose Run, type "drwtsn32" and press Enter;

- In the dialog that appears check the Log File and Crash Dump paths, then press the OK button;

- Run Acronis True Image 8.0 and reproduce the problem;

- Pick up the user.dmp and drwtsn32.log files in the directory specified at step 2;

Please also collect the following information:

- Make a screen shot of the error message;

- Find the full version name and build number as it is shown here;

Send all the collected files to support@acronis.com along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. This information will let us investigate the problem under consideration thoroughly and provide you with a solution as soon as possible.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Last edited: Sep 24, 2005
  10. Acronis Support

Hello teris,

The problem you have reported is a little bit different, because as I have understood you are able to proceed with the image creation process saving it to Acronis Secure Zone, but it always finishes with some errors.

Please collect the following information:

- Decribe actions taken before the problem appears step-by-step;

- Create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post;

- Reproduce the problem and collect Acronis True Image 9.0 log, which can be saved from Tools -> Show Log -> Diskette icon;

- Find the full version name and build number as it is shown here;

Send all the collected files and information to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

11. JMS

JMS Guest

I tried emailing my 14MB crash dump file, but it exceeded my ISP's message size limit. Can I ftp it to you?

12. teris

teris Registered Member

Hi Alexey

Thx for responding, - actually pls refer to my last post (09:59 yesterday) stating I did in fact send the info & support request to acronis support more then 48 hours ago and that I have not heard yet. ticket # Acronis #360873 re: errors
    5(0x640005) from the start.

If you can look into it I would be very grateful because I am about to ask for a refund and go back to TI8

Teris

13. dscrap

dscrap Registered Member

~~Bump~~

14. Acronis Support

Hello teris,

As I can see, our support engineer Konstantin Karikov has already forwarded this issue to our Development Team and awaining response at the moment. I'm really sorry for your inconvenience, since probably his explanation was not clear enough.

Actually, since this issue is already known, I beleive that the fix will be implemented in the one of the next builds of Acronis True Image 9.0 as soon as possible. Konstantin will certainly notify you when the fixed build will be available.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

15. Acronis Support

Hello JMS,

Hmmm... That's strange. Actually, that crash dump file should not be so large.

However, you can try to compress it with ZIP.

If that does not help then please send only the log file.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

16. crofttk

crofttk Registered Member

simply subscribing

17. dscrap

dscrap Registered Member

Downloaing the new version soon... 9.0.0.2259. Will install and post back if the same issues are occuring.

18. dscrap

dscrap Registered Member

Re: Image Restore Taking Forever (18 hours so far)

Well all I have to say is....

TI 9.0.0.2259 = BETA

All problems still exist.

19. brike

brike Registered Member

:oops: I am having the same problems creating an image of my hard drive onto a secondary hard drive that is not full with with Acronis TI 9. I just bought it tonight, full version.
    I have the problem when I boot from the CD rom and start TI Backup tool. It never completes without errors. they are random, and I cannot make screenshots because I am still not in Windows, but in the Acronis loader.
    It works like a charm with Acronis TI 8.
    Configuration:
    Windows XP Pro, AMD Athlon 1800, 512 MB Memory.
    Secondary HDD has 29 Gigs free. Total image size not larger than 5 Gigs in two archives.

20. dscrap

dscrap Registered Member

Re: Image Restore Taking Forever (18 hours so far)

To follow up with pictures for those that need them...

http://img313.imageshack.us/img313/8239/pic00044qa.jpg
    http://img313.imageshack.us/img313/5110/pic00057gl.jpg
    http://img313.imageshack.us/img313/1940/pic00061gr.jpg
    http://img313.imageshack.us/img313/6882/pic00077gv.jpg
    http://img280.imageshack.us/img280/4140/pic00088ke.jpg
    http://img280.imageshack.us/img280/3407/pic00098sk.jpg
    http://img280.imageshack.us/img280/8424/pic00107hc.jpg
    http://img313.imageshack.us/img313/2225/pic00113rs.jpg
    http://img313.imageshack.us/img313/6471/pic00122cv.jpg
    http://img313.imageshack.us/img313/8171/pic00133ue.jpg

Error Report Contents...

Event Type: Error
    Event Source: Application Error
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 1000
    Date: 9/26/2005
    Time: 10:37:24 PM
    User: N/A
    Computer: CMX
    Description:
    Faulting application trueimage.exe, version 9.0.0.2259, faulting module trueimage.exe, version 9.0.0.2259, fault address 0x0024942d.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
    Data:
    0000: 6c707041 74616369 206e6f69 6c696146
    0010: 20657275 75727420 616d6965 652e6567
    0020: 39206578 302e302e 3532322e 6e692039
    0030: 75727420 616d6965 652e6567 39206578
    0040: 302e302e 3532322e 74612039 66666f20
    0050: 20746573 34323030 64323439 0a0d

21. BobW

BobW Guest

Yes it does

22. robertach

robertach Registered Member

Hi,
    I agree with everyone here that 9 is full of bugs and crashes consistently when trying to select "My Computer". I am very obviously not alone here.

After cooperating with Acronis by sending them all "dump" and log files, etc., over the past week trying to help them out, and installing every suggested upgrade, 9 still crashes so and I have uninstalled 9 and gone back to 8.0 which is very stable.

Now to attempt to get a refund on 9.0 :doubt:

Bob

23. Tihab

Tihab Guest

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.