Unable to create a backup of networked drive

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by enduser999, Aug 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. enduser999

enduser999 Registered Member

This in reference to the following thread:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?p=539664#post539664

Well so much for this problem being fixed. I am using the trial version build 1158 and I can not use the Management Console to create a backup in a SUBDIRECTORY of a remote machine on the same hard drive as the Management Console. The reason is that the Management Console does not see the directories in the partitions on the local machine. The userids and
    passwords are indentical on both Windows 98 machines that it is being tested on. I found that one has to go to the remote machine and connect to the partition, on the Management Console machine, on which you want to place the backup on. Once this is done the directories are visible to the Management Console!!!! o_O

Why on earth can one not commit changes when performing a backup using the Management Console? I am not going to recommend my client purchase a full version of the Corp Workstation and licenses for their LAN without first testing to see if it meets their demands!

:mad:

Also is there a reason why the computer name can not be displayed displayed in the Select Partition to Image?

2. enduser999

Hello is there any one from Acronis monitoring these forums?

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello enduser999,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Remote Workstation Disk Backup Software.

Could you please create screenshots of your steps in Acronis Management Console and send them to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread? We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

4. enduser999

Will do but it appears from the following screen that the trial version is indeed a crippled version.

Attached Files:

5. Blade9123

Blade9123 Guest

I am seeing the exact same thing.

Is there an answer to this yet. Makes it hard to try out a Trial version.

6. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, Blade9123

The Answer is in that Image enduser999 posted, it can not be done with the Trial Version.

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

7. enduser999

Exactly so much for it being a Trial version. I seemed to have missed this limitation in the download page for the so called "trial". I sure the heck am not going to recommend a product that is supposed to back up over a network without seeing it work before the client pays the cold hard cash for the product!

:mad:

8. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello enduser999,

We are really sorry for your inconvenience.

I'm afraid that you can only remotely install Acronis True Image Agent using the trial version of Acronis Management Console, build 1158. All other features of Acronis Management Console related to the Agent are disabled in the trial version (all other remote components (e.g. Acronis Storage Server) work as they should).

The trial version of Acronis Management Console will be fully functional in the next builds of Acronis True Image Corporate Workstation 8.0 and Acronis True Image Enterprise Server 8.0.

However, if you want to tests the remote backup feature prior to purchasing the full version of Acronis True Image Corporate Workstation 8.0 then please send a letter describing that you need a full version for testing purposes to sales@acronis.com. Our Sales Team will provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.