Help! A newbie here

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by dduran1210, Aug 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dduran1210

dduran1210 Registered Member

I'm going round in circles. I tried to image my c drive to a slave drive d; but image 8 says it detected an unsupported drive..ie..ez drive or some such,
    so I tried to exit the program & it reboots the computer, reloads itself & puts me back in the program....I can't get out of it !!! this is hell !!

can someone help?

thanks

DD

2. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Hi dduran1210. :)

Welcome to Wilders.

While i don't use this software, i did locate this thread,

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=41641

There is certainly no definitive answer there but maybe u could follow Acronis's instructions as posted, and email support.....

Hopefully one of the many knowledgeable members here familiar with Acronis will be along to assist u further with this issue.

snowbound

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello dduran1210,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

First of all, please make sure that there is no Bootable Rescue CD in the CD-ROM drive. Your PC might be booting from this CD every time you start the computer.

If that's not the case then please do the following (depending on the operating system you use):

- Boot the computer from Windows 95/98/ME Startup Disk and run "fdisk /mbr" command;

- Boot the computer from Windows 2000/XP Installation CD and run "fixmbr" command in Recovery Console.

If that does not help then please do the following:

- Download Acronis Report Utility;
    - Run it on any other "healthy" PC and select the "Create Bootable Floppy" option;
    - Insert a blank floppy disk in the A: drive and proceed
    with creation of the bootable floppy;
    - Boot the computer having the issue from this diskette and wait for
    report creation process to finish;
    - Compress the report file from the floppy disk with ZIP;

Send this report to support@acronis.com along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appeared and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.