Attention! Illegally sold Acronis software.

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Acronis Support, Aug 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Dear Visitors,

We regret to inform you that there are some companies that sell Acronis software illegally. Please take into consideration that the following list shows some of unauthorized resellers of Acronis product:

1. SoftwareDiner.com ( softwarediner.com )
    2. MDofPC ( mdofpc.com )
    3. Downloadable Software ( expansionsoft.com/acronis.php )
    4. OEM Software Store ( oem-software-store.com/acronis-software.html )
    5. Discounter Online ( realtimemall.com )
    6. Cheap Soft for a low price ( warezshop.info )

We cannot provide support for customers who became victims of this kind of companies and we do not replace serial numbers given by them. If you purchased the product from such a store we recommend you to request an immediate refund for your purchase.

The list of authorized Acronis resellers can be found on our web-site. Also, you can always purchase Acronis products through Acronis online store.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

Last edited: Jul 10, 2007
  2. rjbsec

rjbsec Registered Member

Using your link a search for "Acronis" produces a number of purchase links including amazon.co.uk and acronis.com - are you saying that anyone buying via a link at this site will not receive support and will be assumed to have an illegal copy, even if it comes from their link to amazon or even acronis itself?

3. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Just tried a search on softwaredinner.com using the term "acronis" and it only came back with two results which then linked to regnow.com and alexscoupons.com. So is it softwaredinner.com or one of the other two that is the real culprit?

4. Dave_X

Dave_X Registered Member

First, it is "SoftwareDiNer", with ONE N. Not dinner.

Second, I tried to Google "softwarediner acronis" and "softwarediner regnow" and "softwarediner alexscoupons" but found no matches.

Exactly what was your search?

Anyway, SoftwareDiner sells the software, and Acronis says it's bogus because SWD sent me a product key that was already registered.

Nothing much to search for, is there? :)

5. rjbsec

rjbsec Registered Member

:eek: Obviously incorrect information posted by Acronis - needs to be corrected quickly to avoid bad consequences to a genuine affilliate/reseller!

6. MPSAN

MPSAN Registered Member

I saw this when I was looking for a good price. I passed when it said CD only "Registration & Updates not included!".
    Newegg is a great deal for $5 more.

7. Menorcaman

That was indeed an unfortunate error by Acronis because the original (misspelled) link turned out to be a genuine Web Site that, amongst other things, provided links to software vendors. Anyway, the error was quickly corrected so hopefully no harm was done.

Regards

8. Atomic_Ed

Atomic_Ed Registered Member

Thats just a shame. Acronis is a terrific company whith excellent software and they certainly deserve the reasonable money they charge for it. I hate seeing stuff like this. For gosh sakes I just bought TI8 Retail box at Compusa a couple weeks ago for only $39.99. Thats a steal for this great software IMO.

9. Dave_X

Dave_X Registered Member

"Restrictions--Registration & Updates not included!"
    SoftwareDiner says it right there on their page for ATI 8.0, but it's only clear in hindsight what the implication is, and that the real meaning, according to Acronis, is simply ILLEGAL.

One might assume that "updates" referred to upgrading to,say, version 9.0 or some major revision [NOT a patch to 8.01 or the like] to 8.0. You'd assume that, since SURELY this is a legal copy, you'd be entitled to a WORKING copy.

10. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, Dave_X

May be so, but why would there be a Restriction on the Registration of a Legal Copy? that can never make sense.

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

11. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

According to some experience of customers who purchased Acronis software there, it seems that they just give the same serial number to all their customers. That is why it is impossible to register. They do not announce it but we cannot provide their customers with technical support also.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

12. Uhl

Uhl Guest

Is ( softwarestore.com ) legitimate?

13. MrFrost

MrFrost Registered Member

Bought TI8 as a direct download (no box-no cd) from Newegg.com for 29.99.
    The registration passed muster here. Great Price for a Legit copy....if you don't need the frills.

14. Dazed_and_Confused

Dazed_and_Confused Registered Member

What frills?

15. MPSAN

MPSAN Registered Member

Yeah...what she said! :D

16. Nowandever29

Nowandever29 Guest

So, where are the damn cops? These guys are obviously pirating and selling your software for a profit, the kind of thing the cops should be all over! But YOU need to tell them there is a crime being committed.

You guys have a great product, and deserve every penny.

17. MrFrost

MrFrost Registered Member

Uh.....the BOX, and the CD the program comes on, and any printed matter.

The program itself is needed but the rest are extras......frills.

18. Dazed_and_Confused

Dazed_and_Confused Registered Member

Aah. I understand. Thanks, Frost. :)

19. Mods,

please remove the link to the software store.

20. zzz

zzz Guest

you quoted the first post in this thread which references 'softwarediner.com' but you're asking simply that the link to "the software store" be removed without any explanation. are you saying that softwarediner.com is legitimate, or are you referring to the link in Uhl's post, which was never responded to anyway? clarification might help.

21. crofttk

crofttk Registered Member

I'll second the notion that there should be no FUNCTIONAL URL left in this thread for the perpetrator.

However, let's make sure it's still clear that Acronis says that softwaredinerDOTcom is selling bogus copies of TI8.

(Besides, I think I'm fixin' to upgrade to TI9 soon -- I'm not surprised any pirates are behind the leading edge)

22. dpic

dpic Registered Member

\
    I thought the same thing until the new version just came out. I asked Acronis about the free upgrade within 30 days, and they told me to get lost. What's the website of that "illegal" software distributor? And what is the disadvantage of buying there, again?

23. Menorcaman

Hello dpic,

Well that's at variance with what's been said by Acronis Support in <Post #46 of the Thread titled: TI 9 Question>. Follow the instructions provided by Alexey and you should be o.k.

Regards

24. disabled

disabled Registered Member

Getting back to what I've read on Menorcaman's post... Scares me... I buy from RegNow.com Could you please clarify that whether ( softwarediner.com ) leads to RegNow.com or using their URL...Isn't this part of Phishing (Fraud)...

25. tmartini

tmartini Guest

Hi Everyone,

I'm the owner of Alex's Coupons and I came across this thread while doing a search for our name on Google. I want to make sure everyone understands that we do not illegally sell Acronis software. We do have affiliate links for Regnow.com on our website and Regnow.com does LEGALLY sell Acronis software.

For those who are interested here is our Acronis page:

alexscoupons.com/acronis_coupons.html

Every single one of the external links for Acronis on our site go to Regnow.com and nowhere else. Our reputation is extremely important to us and we go out of our way to avoid even the hint of impropriety.

Hope this clears up at least some of the confusion on this topic.

Take care.

-- Todd Martini
    Alex's Coupons

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.