Windows 2003 sp1 Mounting Problem

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Patleith, Mar 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Patleith

Patleith Registered Member

is there a fix for mouting a Image in windows 2003 with sp1,
    if i uninstall sp1 it work fine, but i can't mount a image with sp1
    TrueImage V8

thanks in advance

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Patleith,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image 8.0 Server for Windows (http://www.acronis.com/enterprise/products/ATISWin/).

Please try to make the following: uninstall Acronis True Image 8.0 Server for Windows then install SP1 after that install Acronis program again. If this doesn't help please create the screenshots of your actions when you try to mount the image and the screenshot of the error you get and send it to support@acronis.com. This will allow us to investigate the problem.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

3. friedmi

friedmi Registered Member

I have the same problem. mounting also is not possible after new install of TE after SP1. Error:
    Can not assign a drive letter to a partition from the image archive.

4. Trial user

Trial user Guest

I have the same issue as well, after installing 2003 SP1 I can no longer mount images as drives. Works on XP SP2, though.

5. Acronis Support

Hello all,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

We regret to inform you that current version of Acronis True Image may fail to explore images under Windows 2003 with SP1 installed. Our Development Team is working on this problem and we expect the solution to be implemented in future.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

6. XKaMeRX

XKaMeRX Registered Member

is there any solutions for this problem? please

7. Acronis Support

Hello XKaMeRX,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please make the screenshot of the latest window of the image mounting wizard and send it and the exports of the following keys of system registry:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E967-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} -> UpperFilters
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{71A27CDD-812A-11D0-BEC7-08002BE2092F} -> UpperFilters
    to support@acronis.com along with the description of your problem. We will certainly help you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

8. collisba

collisba Registered Member

I've had this problem under 2003 sp1 and now 2000 Advanced Server with latest patches. I opened a support ticket for this over a week ago and haven't heard anything back yet. I have sent over screenshots, registry keys, and machine info taken from AcronisReport . I'll be calling to find out what the deal is today.

It does mount from XP, and some of my other 2003 machines that don't have the latest updates, so I'm not completely screwed, but the folks that sign the checks here are not happy about this development.

Brian

9. XKaMeRX

havent you find a solution yet about your program ? i dont think you need pictures and reg values.
    you can test it with your own eyes. install win server 2k3 then sp1. after installation setup true image 8
    and try to mount any image file that you want you will see the problem...
    trust me....

10. XKaMeRX

i tried it on 4 different configuration
    1) ibm x345
    2) p4+i875+sata 80gb
    3)amdathlon+nforce2+sata 80gb
    4)celeron+i845+ide 40 gb

guess what? same problem

please !!acronis development team!! find a fix for this problem...

11. sshaffer

sshaffer Guest

A work around for us was to use Explore Image from a networked XP machine with a workstation copy of TrueImage 8 to retrieve files from previous backup increments.

12. Acronis Support

Hello all,

We are really sorry for this problem being not solved yet. Our Testing Lab did reproduce the problem and our Development Team is currently working on it. We do not need any additional diagnostic info since it is the same in every case and our developers have got enough data to solve the problem. We are really sorry for temporary inconvinience.

As for Windows 2000 Advanced Server, there should be no problems with this operating system. Brian, could you please let me know your Acronis request # that was sent to you in autoreply to your letter? I will find the reason for the delay.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

13. collisba

Sent a reply email with the case # yesterday.

Strangely enough, I'm now having issues mounting certain images on 2 XP boxes, one of which is mine (1124). Same on a Windows2000 machine (1124). This is a huge issue, since my laptop was the one I had been using for user restores since my storage server is 2003.

I'm going to test further to see if I can blame it on a a group of images, or a difference between images created or viewed with versions 1124 or 945, but I have noticed that if the image has more than one drive/partition on it, all partitions will attempt to mount regardless of which checks are put in or cleared.

Any movement on this issue?

Brian

14. Acronis Support

Hello Brian,

Could you please post your Acronis request # here on Forum? This will allow me to find your letter in our request tracking system. After that I will be able to tell you how the things are going.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

15. collisba

Hi Ilya,

the ticket # is [Acronis #222150]. I got an email from Sergey this morning asking for a bit more information, and I'll forward that to him after I work on this a bit more. Once I have a good baseline on what I can/can't do, I'll also post it here.

thanks,

Brian

16. collisba

Ok.. here's what I've came up with so far.

I have 1/2 945 and 1/2 1124 servers. The need to uninstall/reboot install/reboot has really held up my migration to all 1124. I've been mounting mainly over the network since my storage server is 2003.

I was running 1124 on 2 different xp/nt4 machines. When trying to mount from an 1124, (image either 945/1124) the choice of which partition or disk to mount didn't make any difference, since when you got to the part where it starts the mount, it will always say doing job 1 of 5 (if you have 5 drives/partitions) I could find no way of making it NOT try to mount every drive/part. I would occasionally have no problems mounting an image with only 1 drive and 1 partition.

Dumped 1124, went back to 945. No problems selecting which disk/part to mount (so far) from 1124 or 945 (only have tested 9 images from different servers). If you only need 1 disk/part, that's all you get. BUT, the image will not mount if you have a Compaq startup partition selected, which is selected by default on the 1st disk. So if you deselect the Compaq Startup partition, it'll mount. So in my case, the inability to deselect the startup partitions on 1124 killed my ability to mount certain images. I'm still doing more testing, but at least I can now mount images on XP that I couldn't an hour ago.

Your mileage might vary, but I'd be interested to hear if anyone else has run into this.

Brian

running 1124/945 on Compaq Proliant 8500, Dl320, DL380P3 and Xeons

17. Acronis Support

Hello Brian,

I have traced your correspondence with Sergey. The problem was reproduced and reported to our Development Team and they are currently investigating it. We expect the new build with the fix to be released soon.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

18. ctchang

ctchang Registered Member

Acronis support team, we all are urgently waiting for the fix. Is there any update on this issue due to W2k3 SP1 upgrade and none of us are able to MOUNT an image.

Please reply!!!

19. collisba

One of the last emails that I got from the Support Folks mentioned that the problem might be fixed in the next release of TI.. which may be out today.

Brian

20. Acronis Support

Hello ctchang,

The problem with mounting images in Windows 2003 has already been solved and the next build will contain this fix. Please accept my apologies for all the inconveniences.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

21. _Snark_

_Snark_ Guest

And which version number it will have?

22. Acronis Support

Hello _Snark_,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Server Disk Backup Software.

It is difficult to tell the exact build number because we need to test the one before the release. I have contacted our Testing Lab and they say the build is will be available very soon.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

23. jasongt

jasongt Guest

Any info on the status of this update?

Thanks

24. hashaam83

hashaam83 Registered Member

same problem here with Windows 2003 Server SP1 & Acronis TrueImage 8.0 Enterprise Server Build 921. read all of the above posts. and waiting anxiously for the latest build.

hashaam83

25. Existenz404

Existenz404 Registered Member

Hiya guys,

does anyone know how long we have to wait for this update??

I have 4 servers of witch none have Acronis images anymore.

thnx in advanced Existenz404

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.