SpyBot S&D v1.4 and Microsoft Antispyware clash?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by rbw91, Apr 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rbw91

rbw91 Registered Member

Hi there,

a bit confused as to what is going on here to be honest. Can someone help?

SpyBot S&D is continually showing 1 product which is not immunised:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/rbw91/SpyBot.jpg

When I immunise against this one product, a few seconds later the Microsoft Antispyware product shows a warning like this:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/rbw91/Spybotv2.jpg

And then SpyBot goes back to showing one product which needs immunising again.

I am confused..... Can anyone shed some light on my ignorance?

Cheers all!

2. Alec

Alec Registered Member

Yes, I had run across that problem as well. Personally, I stopped using Spybot's Immunize functionality and instead rely on Javacool Spyware Blaster and Microsoft Antispyware Beta. I found that Spybot's entries were pretty sloppy if you actually dig down into them. On my computer anyway, Spybot would put in cookie restricted sites that were duplicates, errors, and entries that for some reason would prevent the "Tools | Internet Options... | Privacy | Sites..." list from displaying any entries! Once I saw that I used regedit to dig down into the actual reg key that controls such things (don't recall it right now) and I found a lot of entries that were a mess. Just go with Spyware Blaster... much better, IMHO. ;)

[EDIT: Don't get the wrong idea, though, I still use the Spybot spyware scanning functionality... just not the immunization stuff.]

3. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

You should be able to clean that Microsoft Anti-Spyware(MSAS) False Alert up by removing that blocked entry via the MSAS program....Tools\Real-time Protection\Application Agent\View Blocked Event. I suggest you then re-boot to clear MSAS's scan in memory. Then re-apply Spybot's Immunize. When MSAS pops up that Alert again and asks what you'd like to do....select Allow and also select Remember this action.

Attached Files:

• MSAS.gif
      MSAS.gif
      File size:
      31.5 KB
      Views:
  4. rbw91

rbw91 Registered Member

I shall try that.

Thanks.

5. rbw91

rbw91 Registered Member

Worked a treat.

Thanks very much :)

6. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

You are Welcome....and glad it worked for ya. Thanks also for reporting back your findings.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.