Installing win2000 after XP

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by joey716, Apr 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joey716

joey716 Registered Member

I am sorry if this subject has been covered, I did not see a previous thread. I have XP pro installed on a disk that is partitioned into (4) slots, CDEF On the C-drive is XPpro on D is data on E is empty for the win2000 install on F is large programs. I cannot seem to be able to boot from the win2000 disk it shows all partitions are unformatted and damagedo_O If anyone can help I would appreciate it. I am using Disk Director/w OS selector and True Image.

maybe I was not clear on my problem. I have a functioning computer. I partitioned it with Disk Director and made an image of the C-drive with True image. I would like to install win2000 pro on a separate parttion (E) XPpro is on C, I have another partition for data (D) I have tried to boot from the setup disk of win2000 after it loads the files it reads the disk and I get a message saying that the partitions are damaged/ and or unformatted and it does not matter what partiton I choose to install to it says that windows will have to reformat the entire C drive to install I do not want to continue for fear that I will reformat my XPpro install and that is my only OS
    Please any advice from anyoneo_O?

Last edited: Apr 10, 2005
  2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello joey716,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Multy Boot Managing Software.

Though I have asnwered you via PM I suppose it may be worth posting the solution here as well:

Please make your empty partition primary and then follow the instruction in the User's Guide (point 8.2.3) up to the step where you have to reboot the computer. Since you have Windows Installation CD (not floppy) please choose to boot from floppy (the point you have just created) but do not insert any floppy diskette. You will get the message that there is no floppy diskette found. After that the computer will reboot again. At this point please enter BIOS, set your CD as the first boot device, insert Windows Installation CD and proceed with the installation.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.