Frequent Poster/Very Frequent Poster? Huh?

Discussion in 'Forum Related Discussions' started by spy1, Apr 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Where (as far as forum section goes) could be done, though really the time to have done that was back when we converted to vBulletin a year ago. We could have excluded the ten-forward and test forum posts from the counts, but decided not to do it at that time.

As far as "for what" goes, if that means anything beyond just the sub-forum where a post is made, such as type, quality or content of post, then there's no way to automate anything like that.

We considered that option, too, but ended up keeping the standard concept of title progression based upon post count, which is typical for vBulletin installations.

Actually, the last title set last just over 3 years. It was originally setup on the first implementation of this forum on YaBB Gold back in February 2002, and this is the first time it has changed. Though certainly one day it may change again.

2. hollywoodpc

hollywoodpc Registered Member

Thanks for the answers and I will let this go . I just think it is ridiculous to continue a post count . You changed the titles . So , you must have had a problem with it . The whole " count " thing makes no sense anyway . And because this is typical of vBulletin installations ? Like that should matter . It is just humorous that you would go to the length of changing the titles " during " the game " but , will NOT just drop the count altogether . You are in charge so congrats . I find this sad . And I ask that my email be kept out of your giveaway . I did not join to get a free license . Nor did I join to boost your enrollment . Now , enrollment here means nothing anyway . No problems here . Just do not understand the why's of the change . You explained as best you could . We will agree to disagree .
    Good-bye

3. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Thanks for your input.

Please refrain from anything coming close to mocking. We do run this place - the way we feel it serves the community.

Wrong. This place is runned by admins, mods - and members. Some do call this 'interaction'. In the end, major decisions are and will be made by the owners indeed. That's our responsibility. Nothing new here. Thanks for the compliments though ;).

Sad? OK that's your perogative. As for your request: noted.

As a matter of fact, no one did. We do value our members and don't ask anything in return. We do like to please our members though. This giveaway for example.

Your personal opinion is noted - thanks once more.

Sorry to hear so. That said: there's no option other then accepting the way we run this place - or ignore this board.

regards,

paul

4. LockBox

LockBox Registered Member

Am I missing somethingo_O

Why do people care - at all - what is written under their name in the forum? Didn't we all sign-up because we wanted to discuss computer security? Seriously, am I missing something? They can put the latest stock ticker under my name for all I care. I want to discuss computer issues and what is under my name is of absolutely no consequence whatsoever. I am having a hard time understanding why anybody else would care either. How does it change ones experience at Wilders Forums? Sorry to add to this silly thread, but I am at a loss as to why anyone would allow themselves to get upset over a change like this.

Confused,
    Gerard Morentzy

5. BeetleBoss

BeetleBoss She who posts lots of <I>Smileys</I>

Paul,

I'm am very grateful that you allow me the priviledge of being a part of this forum. I have met some wonderful friends here and have a great time playing and learning.

Many here think the prizes that are being offered are very cool and exciting.
    And a plus for being part of this forum.

I feel that some people just look for something to complain and gripe about. And some just can't be made happy.

And I am very impressed with Snapdragin, LWM, and your patience in dealing with this stupid issue.

Once again.....Thank you so much for your excellent forum!

[​IMG]

6. nick s

nick s Registered Member

Human nature? ;)

Nick

7. CarolinaMoonshine

CarolinaMoonshine Registered Member

Please title me "IRREVERENT" because you will find that I seldom stick to the task.

AND.......I will not be looking forward to being a "MASSIVE" poster, if that would be in the cards for me.

By then, ya'll will have changed your minds again..... :D

8. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Carolina, Mr Blaze says he'll 'meet you on the other side'. :D :D :-*

9. LockBox

LockBox Registered Member

Maybe this is an age thing. At 45, I have too many things in life to worry about than what's under my name in a forum on the computer. I honestly fail to see how even human nature has anything to do with it?? Maybe if you are 18 years old I can see the need for some kind of ego boost. But hell, that's not why we're here. Please put "member" under my name for all I care. Put the current temperature. It just doesn't matter. I guess for all the same reasons I don't have an avatar - it just has nothing to do with why I'm here. Obviously, there's something I'm missing because I'm baffled as to how some are actually upset by this. It's just weird.

10. CarolinaMoonshine

CarolinaMoonshine Registered Member

With this post - will I be breaking 60? :eek:

Blaze is going to meet me on the other side of what? :D

That guy has been missing in action for quite a long time - and I am not counting that rambling discourse on the trials and tribulations of a grocery checker.

Psssst, Low, just between you and me, it was Blaze that suckered me into coming to Wilders! I am pretty inept when it comes to COMPUTER SECURITY. However, it is really comforting to know that you guys are here if I run into a snag! ;)

And do I really care what title you give me? :D

11. Marja

Marja Honestly, I'm not a bot!!

I was really looking forward to being a 6 star General or somethin', but, OK.:D

12. Howard

Howard Registered Member

Ah, so it wasn't just me then :D

Within one day of becoming a senior I-know-more-than-you the name is changed to big mouth or whatever - we should have had a competition on who would complain :p :D

13. Primrose

Primrose Registered Member

This thread has grown delicious. :D It does not surprise me one bit some of the same members who constantly call various security products pure horse manure because they can't figure out how to make them survive with the rest of the goodies they planted on their PC..are also vocal on what Wilders labels on their personal seed package.

Pulling a few weeds is normal..but if you sit back and smell the roses all the time..you miss the pleasure of the Dandy Lions in full bloom.

Wild flowers can grow anywhere without the need to fertilize ground. ;)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 6, 2005
  14. Meltdown

Meltdown Registered Member

Not that I care, but purely in the interests of pouring toxic waste onto troubled waters, consider the following anomaly: someone joins, posts enthusiastically for a few months, becomes a Frequent or Very Frequent Poster, then loses interest, posts just a few times a year - bit of a misnomer, isn't it?

How about these tags instead:

0 - Midnight Rambler
    1 - Sweet Virginia
    50 - Gimme Shelter
    200 - Not Fade Away
    1000 - Time Is On My Side
    3000 - 19th Nervous Breakdown

Security Expert - Mother's Little Helper
    Global Moderator - Under My Thumb
    Administrator - Heart Of Stone

15. Primrose

Attached Files:

16. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

How about Satisfaction?

17. Primrose

18. wildman

wildman Registered Member

:rolleyes: Hey I'm just a "WILD THING", an damn proud of it! Let's not forget this is not our sand box, we are only allowed to bring our toys into it, but if we make them mad, they can tell us to take our toys an go home.

Thanks
    Wildman
    :eek: :p

Last edited: Apr 6, 2005
  19. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Ladies and gents,

Looks like this thread has outlived its purpose - thanks for suggestions and comments made.

Thread closed.

regards,

paul

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.