SpywareBlaster 3.3 released!

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by javacool, Mar 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

SpywareBlaster 3.3 has been released!

New in this version:
    -Improved Mozilla/Firefox detection / support
    -Improved support for Netscape 7.x (under the Mozilla/Firefox protection)
    -Improved updating
    -Fixed various problems downloading the latest updates with certain firewalls (or other programs) installed
    -Various cosmetic fixes/improvements
    -Further optimizations to certain parts of the program
    -Setup file is digitally signed
    -And lots of other bug fixes and requested tweaks

This 3.3 release provides bug fixes and enhanced performance.
    Various issues people have been having with previous releases should be fixed.

NEW UPDATING OPTIONS IN SPYWAREBLASTER 3.x
    SpywareBlaster still offers the built-in Check for Updates feature. This feature is completely free and allows you to keep up-to-date by clicking on a button in the SpywareBlaster interface.

SpywareBlaster 3.3 now offers SpywareBlaster AutoUpdate - a brand-new updating solution. Just set it up, and AutoUpdate will check at every system boot for the latest updates and enable the newest protection (other options are available).

As much as we would like to provide auto-updating functionality for free, bandwidth costs are simply too great to make it feasible. AutoUpdate functionality is $9.95 (US) per year, which helps to cover the bandwidth costs. The Check for Updates function remains completely free, as does SpywareBlaster. You only need to pay if you wish to have the extra convenience of AutoUpdate.

Download the latest version here: http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareblaster.html

Enjoy! :D

Best regards,

-Javacool

P.S. If you have any problems please don't hesitate to post.

2. MushfiQ

MushfiQ Registered Member

Thx Javacool..for somereason at the official site its still showing 3.2 or am i the only one :doubt:

3. HD rider UK

HD rider UK Registered Member

still showing v3.2, any idea when 3.3 will be onsite?

jock

4. nick s

nick s Registered Member

Hi HD rider UK,

Available here: SpywareBlaster 3.3.

Nick

5. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

Humm... I just downloaded them from all the locations and the download file is showing spywareblastersetup33.exe (2.4MB). Maybe clear your cache and try again. Let us know if you're able to get the correct version.

Regards,

snap

6. javacool

Hi,

If your web browser still shows "3.2" on the SpywareBlaster page and/or download page, please clear your cache/Temporary Internet Files.

Best regards,

-Javacool

7. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Thanks a lot Javacool !!!!! :D

Just downloaded it.

MD5 checksum: FDFB8F6459306759F81DDF4704E8CE2F

Most warmest regards, Jan.

8. MushfiQ

Thanks Javacool...i just downloaded it...will be back in a few mins :D Looking forward to the database & someone post the link along with update in update alert section...so many would know. as for now BRB :cool:

9. Rogue_Hunter

Rogue_Hunter Registered Member

Just downloaded the program and feel great to have the software on my comp, thanks Javacool

10. MushfiQ

Installation have gone smooth with the todays database loaded....thx Javacool...keep up the great work...Cheers :)

3449 sigs in the database....ami i rite? :cool:

11. hayc59

hayc59 Guest

J.Cool, thank you for the update!!;)

12. wolfpack

wolfpack Guest

First I would like to say a BIG THANKS to Javacool for all your hard work in bringing these great programs to us all!!

I assuming the best way to install this new version of SB is to first disable all protection in SB 3.2, and then delete it, restart computer, and then install SB 3.3. Instead of just installing 3.3 right over 3.2. Thanks.

13. javacool

You're quite welcome. More programs will be coming fairly soon in the future. :D

Yup - full upgrade instructions are available at the bottom of this page: http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/sbupdate.html

(Either way should work, though.)

Best regards,

-Javacool

14. dog

dog Guest

Thanks JC :)

Ps. Very Nice Count Down the other day!!! I was ROTF LMAO :D ~You've got a great sense of humour~ ... as do the 2 intruders of that thread :ninja: LWM - Bubba :ninja:

Steve

15. Bowserman

Bowserman Infrequent Poster

Thanks javacool and keep up the great work :D.

Regards,
    Jade.

16. dfjhfdhfddd

dfjhfdhfddd Guest

yea get your acts together.... also... how do i know if its working, this software of yours you guys need a bigger database, come on its been 4 years and all you have is 3,000 wow somebody was being lazy.... hey 30,000 come on lets get going... i wanna see more and more updates and maybe next time you guys might wanna add a scanner to it, also another good feature would be protecting from tracking cookies in IE 5.0 and up, not everyone has 6.0 you know, what you were just going to deprive us, because ure too lazy to protect 5.0 users ha... this is terrible, i hate it when people dont consider other people that have lower os i mean like avast, they dont have support for 98, me, and someother ones in some of their features, can you give tracking cookie support for 5.0 and above.. and really think about that scanner ok... also get bigger database, and whats new with 3.3 anyways... and dont make spyware guard such a resource hog, and give it more updates, i bet there probly only 10 in your database for that, i may be harsh but its all true facts.... take this and apply it, and prove me wrong lets fight spyware...

17. dog

dog Guest

LOL ... I don't even know where to begin with this :rolleyes:

You apparently haven't read what either program does or how they work, nor have you bothered to read the first post in this thread by JC where he indicates what has changed in this latest version.

You seem to only be here to rip a wonderful & FREE product, and as far as this comment goes
    read the above paragraph, check into the facts - either -Here- at the Official Support Forum -or- at JC HomePage - http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/ -or- in the JC KB - http://www.javacoolsoftware.info/kb/

Constructive criticism is certainly allowed and desired to improve any product, but your post sadly does neither. :( And it can't be achieved until you've gain some knowledge regarding the programs you are criticising.

Thanks & Have a Nice Day. :)

Steve

18. PePiMaN

PePiMaN Guest

Great new version! The loading of spyware protection is 2-3 times faster than the previous version ... just one thing though ... the update says I don't have an internet connection .... but euhm... yeah ... I'm here :) That's the only issue. Otherwise, GREAT WORK !

19. javacool

Hi,

Various anti-spyware programs (and other security applications that use databases - this isn't just an AS issue) count the number of "traces" they detect, and not the number of unique programs they target.

A "trace" could be a registry entry, a file, etc. A single targeted program (spyware, etc.) could create hundreds of traces, if not more. In fact, most do. Sometimes just the registry entries created or modified by an "unwanted program" can number in the hundreds.

The number of items in SpywareBlaster's database is just that - the number of sites, cookies, and ActiveX controls in the database. One "unwanted" ActiveX control could be a downloader that installs tons of different spyware, adware, etc. And with each of those programs comes lots of those "traces". For the program with the 30,000 database count, that could be a 1,000 or so items. For SpywareBlaster, that's just one ActiveX control. It never gets a chance to run, so there's no need to count those "traces".

You just can't compare database "size" between applications that work even a tiny bit differently. So take raw numbers with a grain of salt. Look at the functionality, look at the success stories, and then make your decision. :)

Best regards,

-Javacool

20. javacool

You mean the integrated Check for Updates feature?

If yes, could you please post the exact error message it displays?

Also, please let me know what settings are checked under the "Options" section of the Updating part of the program.

(Please also verify your firewall is set to allow spywareblaster.exe access to the Internet.)

Thanks,

-Javacool

21. nadirah

nadirah Registered Member

Hey mister, you obviously do not know how Spywareblaster works, just a friendly warning to you, if you criticise any software product including the creator of that software product in a harsh manner without thinking twice, you may end up getting sued. If you want any changes/improvements to Spywareblaster to be made, kindly talk to Mr Javacool in private.

Well, you might consider using some other alternative browsers, IE is the most insecure browser of them all. Why would you still be using IE 5.0? Javacool is not being lazy nor is he depriving anybody of anything. Your comments seem like you're attempting to defame Javacool and his work. Please take note of our TOS. Have a nice day.

You agree, through your use of this forum, that you will not post any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or in violation of ANY law. This is not only a forum policy, but legal action can be taken against you in accordance with appropriate law.

BTW JC, nice job on this new version of Spywareblaster!!! Keep it up! :D
    Seems faster... :cool:

22. javacool

Thanks! Will do. ;)

Best regards,

-Javacool

23. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2005
  24. siliconman01

siliconman01 Registered Member

Thanks much for this update. SWB is a great product. *puppy*

It would be nice if you could issue a small update so we can confirm that the update feature works as design....maybe one little new item :D

25. saltshaker128

saltshaker128 Registered Member

Hello Javacool Peeps. I really like Spyware Blaster alot. Now I need some advice. I've attempted to download the new version from all the Major Geeks links and from the other 2 on Javacool's website. When I go to install, it gets about 1/3 the way through, stops, then kicks out a message in another window that the Delete file failed; code 5. Then it asks me if I want to Ignore, Abort or Retry the installation. (It says a few other words, but I can't remember the entire message because I'm getting too old for that anymore without writing it all down. The window will not allow me to copy/paste the message either.) So what's a mother to do? Please help me! :'(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.