True Image Disk Clone Function does not Work as Advertised

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by windrunr, Mar 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. windrunr

windrunr Registered Member

I am building a new computer. My old computer a AMD 2100 Athalon on a Soyo motherboard with Western Digital Caviar 120 gb drive (IDE) plus lots of other stuff on it. My new computer has an ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe MB, AMD 64 3500 cpu, Hitachi Deskstar 7K250 HD, Plextar PX-716SA Sata DVD RW plus lots of other stuff.

The old computer had WinXP Svc Pack 2 and the Western Digital Caviar 120 gb HD has NTFS format and is dynamic and is the boot drive. It has been working fine.

I just purchased the True Image 8.0 to accomplish the cloning of the HD to the new Hitachi Deskstar 7k250 HD.

True Image reports that the Western Digital HD is not supported and will not excecute the disk clone. Whyo_O

All of the marketing material and documentation say the operating system, disk format, and functionality that I am trying to os is supported? I did not want to reload all of my applications on the new Hitachi Deskstar due to the time involvement. In addiiton, I was not planning to keep the old HD and Computer, it was going to given away.

I would appreciate any assistance in getting this work.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2005
  2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello windrunr,

Welcome to Wilders and the Acronis True Image Forum.

I quote from a previous reply by Acronis Support:

Although I haven't tried it personally, it seems there is a way to convert a dynamic disk back "basic". Please see this <previous post by TheQuest> for details.

Regards

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.