IT Guy

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by AndyM, Feb 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AndyM

AndyM Guest

Is this software and online backup as good as it seems? Can it really build a HD clone and do incrimental backup then do a complete system restore without loosing the OS,programs or any data? My customers would love me if I can supply them with this service. No more rebuilding everything from scratch, WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOO.

2. mareke

mareke Registered Member

Yes it can do the things you listed. However as you can see from the forum it does not work perfectly with all systems. Mainly those with the very latest systems using raid with SATA drives and some chipsets can have problems.

In the majority of computer systems it works properly or with relatively minor issues. You can image partitions and restore the images and you can schedule incremental backups. You lose some data when you restore an image-obviously the changes since the image was made. You can clone a disk and have it replace the disk the original disk.

3. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

I've overcome this by saving my data folders (e.g. My Documents, Thunderbird e-mail, Favourites etc.) to my backup drive each time True Image is launched from Windows. After restoring an image I merely copy the data folders back to their original locations on my main drive. My "Data_Backup.bat" backs up the data and then launches TI whilst running "Data_Restore.bat" after a restore copies it back again. Note that you will need to create the relevant directories/folders on your backup drive before running the bat files for the first time.

If anyone is interested, the two bat files are listed below and can be easily tailored to suit your own situations. If for some reason you can't create images from within Windows, remove the command START C:\"Program Files"\Acronis\"TrueImage"\"TrueImage.exe" from Data_Backup.bat and run it just prior to dropping into TI boot rescue mode.

Data_Backup.bat

Data_Restore.bat

Not very sophisticated I know but it works quite well!!

Regards

4. Beach

Beach Registered Member

Men--
    Do you simply run the first bat, then the second bat manually? Or are these bat files set to run under Task Scheduler?? Thanks for the files.

Jim

5. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hi Jim,

I start them manually via 2 desktop icons as the standard version of True Image doesn't inherently support scripting. As I said - not very sophisticated but they suite my purpose well :)

Regards

6. Beach

Beach Registered Member

Men--

Thanks. I'll change some of the lines and give it a shot. Thanks again.

Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.