Just a Reminder T minus 4 Days untill TDS 4 promise. :)

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by tempnexus, Dec 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tempnexus

tempnexus Registered Member

Let see how will this year turn out...of course there is always the end of 2005 ;)

2. dallen

dallen Registered Member

I don't think it was a "promise." I've been an outspoken advocate. My proposal has been that DiamondCS not give promised release dates, but rather target dates. Anyway, this issue has been beaten to death and they hold their position (which I still disagree with). Wayne - DiamondCS said that he would be willing to bet me that TDS-4 would be released this year. I only wish we had finalized the terms of the bet. :D

3. controler

controler Guest

Ok I am not real sure what this thread is about but that ius becaue i am celebrating the holidays.

I will say this, From what I have seen in the last year, I am sure TDS-4 will be something from another world.

I am sure the new version will have a better User interface
    I am sure it will be the best at rootkits
    and I know now they will be much better at STREAMS.

I have no doughts at all...

Happy Holidays

Bruce

4. controler

controler Guest

Actualy 2005 could be the year that BOClean and TDS-4 overcome the threats.

Bruce

5. controler

controler Guest

Why?
    well because everyone is now working at the Kernel Level in undocumented territory.... just kike the bad guys :D

Bruce

6. Wayne - DiamondCS

Wayne - DiamondCS Security Expert

The unforeseen but required release of PG3 is the cause of the delay for the initial release of TDS4, if you compare PG2 to PG3 you'll understand why - it's a completely new major rewrite of the program, not simply a minor update. However, you'll be pleased to know that this has only delayed the release of TDS4 by a few months - not really a setback, especially considering the rapid progress that was made during PG3 development (rapid mainly because we'd already performed the necessary research). A lot of what we've learnt during our research into undocumented areas of the Windows kernel and other parts of the operating system directly helps in our quest to create the most powerful anti-trojan program that we possibly can, so TDS4 is the prime beneficiary of PG3 research & development. You'll see.

7. iwod

iwod Registered Member

I hope the UI will be more Pro like. I think Process Guard UI was a bit .......... ><

May be There is a Chinese / Greek in there team, And may be they are talking about a different calander year? ^^

8. Notok

Notok Registered Member

Another case for making it skinnable :D

9. Wayne - DiamondCS

Wayne - DiamondCS Security Expert

If i can let one rabbit out of the hat, two highly talented graphics artists from our beta team have already developed skins

10. dallen

dallen Registered Member

Wayne - DiamondCS,
    Maybe I'm just thick headed, but I'm a little confused. The few months delay that you are referring to, is that a few months from now?

I'm reading this two ways and I can't figure out what you mean.

1) TDS-4 was delayed for a few months as a result of PG and we should expect its release soon.

2) TDS-4 will be delayed for a few more months as a result of PG and we should expect its release in a few months.

Sorry for confusion, but could you clarify this for me please.

11. Smokey

Smokey Registered Member

I prefer THIS world, and in this world TDS-4 is still utopic.:doubt:

Ciao,

Smokey

12. Dieter Bressem

Dieter Bressem Registered Member

Hi all,

I wonder why we don't get any information that TDS-4 is in alpha-, beta- or whatever state.
    Is there any member of the "Beta-team" here ?. When Port Explorer was developed there was a Beta Team, including members of the official TDS-Forum. I didn't find any announcement there.
    I recommended TDS-3, PROCESSGUARD,WORMGUARD and PORT EXPLORER (indeed the best on the market !) to a lot of friends. They are very satisfied (esp. PROCESSGUARD and PORT EXPLORER), but now they ask me why there's no update, upgrade,bugfix or enhancement since 2 or 3 years.
    In the meantime I checked EWIDO SECURITY suite 3.0. This is Rookie stuff. Very slow scanning (same TDS-3) and the additional "features" are ridiculous.
    The included "Portexplorer" is just a NETSTAT -A command, displayed in a window. The shown AUTOSTART and SERVICES are primitive, too.
    The main competitor is TROJANHUNTER 4.X, for sure. I am doing some tests. It is low on resources and even works on my old 300 Mhz machine without any problems, scanning is very quick. Overall impression is very good.
    I claim to be an expert and I miss many things, already included in TDS-3. I just want to get an information that TDS-4 will be released in January, February, March, April, May ...

Dieter

13. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Dieter,

If only to prevent this thread turning into some kind of an off topic 'competitors' thread - please let's focus on TDS and leave other AT's out of this please ;)

regards.

paul

14. tuatara

tuatara Registered Member

I agree ...
    It would be nice for us , the fans who are waiting for a VERY long time,
    and where convinced to have TDS-4 THIS YEAR, ----> when ?

I don't mind waiting another month/year or 2 , but please say so.

o_O

15. Red Dawn

Red Dawn Registered Member

Frankly, I say take your time and verify the software works with little to no bugs. Software companies to many times release their products to satisfy the "wants and needs" of their support base, without taking the time to truely test and verify all is good to go with their software. TDS3 works fine, so there is no need to "rush" the next big release, unless it's "ready".....

16. tempnexus

tempnexus Registered Member

Oh in that case you should just wait forever. Since well the software works bug free now...but wait the INTEL is releaseing CHipset 98373C and AMD is about to release Nforce 4 so let's wait and bug test our new super TDS4 on that chipsets to make sure it's bug free.......4 months go by....woo hoo ok let's release TDS4 but wait Nvidia just lreased Nforce 4 ULTRA and Intel is doing the Dual Core CPU thing so let's wait and see if TDS-4 is bugfree on the ultra chipset and the Dual Core CPU's. 6 months go by...YES it's time for TDS-4 but let's not say it when let just say "It will be super great and sorry for the delays but we had a few bugs, it should be done by the end of this year". Oh wait...WIndows Longhorn is about to go gold so let's wait and see what MS will change in order to make sure that TDS 4 does not conflict with it......AND ON AND ON AND ON.

THERE IS NO PERFECT SOFTWARE. THat's is why they INVENTED PATCHES. WHEN STUFF DOES NOT WORK AS IT SHOULD or at least IF THERE IS AN UPDATE THEN YOU PATCH IT. UNLESS YOU LIKE TO PLAY THE WAIT FOREVER OBESSIVE COMPULSIVE GAME.

17. Rainwalker

Rainwalker Registered Member

:D :D :D :D :D :D I've been waiting and watching dallen.............what took you so long :D :D :D .......you must have had a nice Christmas my friend, as your manners have improved considerably :D :D ;)

18. dallen

dallen Registered Member

Rainwalker,
    I can't remember a time when my manners were lacking, although I did have a good Christmas. Santa gave me a Samsung 21.3" Flat panel LCD monitor and the new Logitech MX Laser cordless mouse. :cool:
    I hope everyone here has had a merry Christmas and enjoys the new year festivities.
    One last word and I'll sit back and read the replies...what would have topped off my holiday would have been the much anticipated release...I was hoping for a New Year's present from DiamondCS ;)

Wayne - DiamondCS,
    I should have hedged myself when I had the chance. If you and I had entered into a bet, I would have either seen TDS-4 by New Year's (in which case I would have lost the bet) or I would have won the bet.
    Maybe our bet could have been if I win you have to give me all of the 4th generation softwares for free and if you win I would have to relenquish my current license and leave the forum :D

19. gottadoit

gottadoit Security Expert

Wayne,
    Any chance of you putting the update(s) above into the sticky thread and then closing it again ?

It is a little unfriendly to expect visitors to have to troll through threads looking for snippets of information when you have a perfectly good sticky thread sitting at the top of the forum....

As to when TDS-4 comes out...
    I hope you guys had a good Christmas break and didn't work or get distracted (too much) by these forums...

My 2c

20. Rainwalker

Rainwalker Registered Member

:cool: :cool: Good to hear your Christmas was enjoyable.........................that Samsung sure sounds SWEET..............i just drooled on my keyboard :p

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2004
  21. diginsight

diginsight Security Expert

Good news. If Microsoft decides to delay Service Pack 1 and Release 2 for Windows 2003 server and redevelop the Longhorn core to implement the results of Windows XP SP2 than I'm be assured the delay of TDS4 will benefit similar from the improvements from PG3.

22. Starrob

Starrob Registered Member

Well, I know one thing for sure. If TDS-4 is not out by January 4th then I won't see TDS-4 for a very, very long time.

I just got word today that I should be flying out to go to my ship on January 4th. I am usually away from home for around 4 months on my ship, so after January 4th, you guys won't see me around for awhile unless I go some country where I am able to use my wireless card.

It will be strange indeed for me. For those that come to Wilders every day, it seems like not much changes from day to day but try going away for 4 months and then reading these threads after a long period away.....it will have seemed like the whole internet has transformed to something radically different....at least that is how I felt when I got home this past December..

We shall see how things change this time. Either I will return home in April and people will still be complaining about where TDS-4 is or I will come back and download something like TDS-4.5.

We shall see.....

Starrob

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.