ProcessGuard v3.100 Released!!!

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by Jason_DiamondCS, Dec 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jason_DiamondCS

Jason_DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

PROCESSGUARD v3.100 RELEASED!
    http://www.diamondcs.com.au/processguard/

This version includes a few fixes and enhancements including :-

- Process name resolving fixes when execution protection disabled and also on startup
    - End task now shows correct target process
    - Clicking Permit Once/Deny Once on for an execution request no longer puts that application into the security list, only Permit Always/Deny Always are.
    - Fixed an isse when more than 350 entries were in the security list pgaccount.exe stopped working properly
    - Fixed DOS short path name issue in the alert section not showing correct allow status
    - Some small graphical enhancements
    - Alerts are now not automatically sorted to help reduce CPU usage when many thousands of alerts occur.

If you are already a registered ProcessGuard user you can simply download the version from the DiamondCS Members Area or the FREE version available on the download page. Your unlock code should not need to be re-entered, it will automatically unlock the FREE version. If you havn't yet purchased ProcessGuard you can do so simply by heading over to http://www.diamondcs.com.au/processguard/index.php?page=purchase

If you purchase online you'll receive your license usually within 10 minutes after the purchase, as it's now an automated process for your convenience.

We hope you enjoy the program!
    The DiamondCS Team

2. Jason_DiamondCS

If you are using v3.000-3.050 you can either start fresh with v3.100 by uninstalling v3.000-3.050 then installing v3.100 or use the upgrade I mention below. It is easier to not bother with upgrading your lists and just start fresh by letting learning mode handle things for you in the new version.

The instructions provided below are for more intermediate to advanced users, if you don't understand any of the steps it would be best for you to not bother trying to upgrade your settings.

If you want to upgrade from v3.000-3.050 and keep all your protection and security lists, follow these instructions.

1) Disable protection in ProcessGuard. Then go to c:\windows\system32 and copy both pghash.dat and pguard.dat to another folder on your system. An example would be to copy them to c:\

2) Uninstall ProcessGuard v3.000-3.050 and reboot

3) Install ProcessGuard v3.100, but when it asks you to reboot click on "NO, I will reboot later"

4) Copy pguard.dat and pghash.dat from the folder you saved them to back into c:\windows\system32

5) Load up regedit and go to this registry folder :-
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Diamond Computer Systems\ProcessGuard v3.0\

6) Edit the Reboots value, set it to 3. If there is no Reboots value, create a new DWORD value and name it Reboots. Then set it to 3.

7) Edit the BeenRun value to 1. If there is no BeenRun value, create a new DWORD value and name it BeenRun. Then set it to 1.

8 ) Reboot your computer and you should have all your old settings and lists.

3. worldcitizen

worldcitizen Registered Member

Many thanks Jason. Great response time for the release. You made my day.

Thanks

Dave

4. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

Many thanks for this upgrade, Jason :D

5. nadirah

nadirah Registered Member

I just downloaded the free version from the diamondcs website, the program is working so good! I'm lovin' it! :cool:

6. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

Followed Jason's instructions in the second post and everything went well, installation-wise.

However, when I click on "About" on PG's main interface screen, it's telling me that my "License Type" is "Business"? Pete

Attached Files:

7. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Ditto. We've gotten a free promotion. Enjoy. :D

8. redwolfe_98

redwolfe_98 Registered Member

i notice that, in the registry, it still says processguard 3.0..

anyway, PG 3.1 is working fine, for me.. i have not had any problems with any of the 3.x releases..

i did a clean install of PG, uninstalling the old version, and deleting the pghash.dat and pguard.dat files..

i am not experiencing the "flickering" that some people have mentioned, running the sept release of the radeon drivers..

Last edited: Dec 10, 2004
  9. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, DCS

Thanks to you all, also very nice new Members Area Login.

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

10. bloodwalk

bloodwalk Guest

is there have processguard for wiindoow 98o_O

11. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, bloodwalk

No, DiamondCS's Process Guard will not work with Windows 98 as with a lot of modern [new] software, it is to advanced to work with it, and there is not one to be either to my knowledge from what DCS as said.

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

12. BourgePD

BourgePD Registered Member

Jason,

Thanks for helping me solve my 'upgrade' problem. Once again, superior software and excellent customer service. Keep up the good work at DCS!

:D

13. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Re BUSINESS licenses, those will be the case for anyone who bought back when PG1 was around, and there was "1 license" not "1 Home or 1 Business"

If you want a different key just let us know, we can re-generate it and that should sort it out. Just email support :)

14. redwolfe_98

redwolfe_98 Registered Member

thanks gavin.. :) i will keep the business license.. :)

Last edited: Dec 14, 2004
  15. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

Me, too! I always wanted to be a business! :D Pete

16. DigitalMan

DigitalMan Registered Member

I used the upgrade procedure in the post below to preserve my program settings and I noticed that when trying to run ProcessGuard from the Start menu 3.1 won't run - it's a changed program and you need to allow it and pgaccount to run as "updated / changed" programs. Intuitive I guess, just thought it might be useful information that PG appears to not like letting its new self run.

17. Defenestration

Defenestration Registered Member

After updating to ATI Catalyst 4.12 drivers, the flickery scrollbar still exists. FYI, I've attached a screenshot with the bits that flicker highlighted with a red box, while scrolling the scrollbar. BTW, all areas of the scrollbar background flicker when the P{G window is resized.

It's as though it is being blanked before the hatch pattern is re-drawn, causing the flicker.

The bit to the left and the bit below the horiz and vertical scrollbars respectively
    cause the problem.

May I ask why you don't use the standard system scroll bars, since I would've though this would remove the flickery problems ?

Attached Files:

18. Jason_DiamondCS

With a few sets of Catalayst drivers I have had issues with GDI drawing being extremely slow. The only way to fix it was to disable FAST WRITES in the bios, and to make sure it was disabled in the control panel. Can you try this and see if the flickering problem goes away?

19. MEGAFREAK

MEGAFREAK Registered Member

I can stop it with just one click despite it is terminate protected.

So terminate protection has a simple lack which can easily be used to stop it.

Beside everybody could do this with just a little knowledge.

I am not sure but I think it startet with version 3.1, 3.050 did not have the lack, I am not absolutely sure.

But in this 3.1 version it is definitely easy to stop terminate protected:
    pgaccount.exe, dscuserprot.exe and procguard.exe.

Another thing is: Everybody with this little knowledge would only need 5 minutes to write a tool that stops process guard with this method.

20. hojtsy

hojtsy Registered Member

Where can I download the tool? Sure you have the 5 minutes to create it?! :p
    -hojtsy-

21. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

Megafreak - If what you say is true, have you sent sample code to DCS to have it checked out?

Or is this one of those "I have to be totally braindead for this to get through" type of deals? You know, where you have to specifically allow the code (wwhatever it presumably is) to run.

What's the so-called "delivery mechanism"? Pete

22. MEGAFREAK

MEGAFREAK Registered Member

probably my little tool would work also with the previous versions,
    but I actually don´t want to waste my time to check that out with every version.. you can be sure it works great ;-)

hojtsy tell me the price you would pay? *lol*

normally money does not interest me, but I adapt myself to the capitalist world.. (joke)

money is nothing, brain is everything

23. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

Sounds like a lot of hot air, to me, Meg - without something other than mouth to back it up, that is.

Merry Christmas! Pete

24. DolfTraanberg

DolfTraanberg Registered Member

But I suppose you have to give this tool permission to runo_O
    Dolf

25. LuckMan212

LuckMan212 Registered Member

I tried disabling FastWrites both in my BIOS (Abit Ai7) as well as in the catalyst 4.12 control panel. It had no effect on reducing the flicker in the PG control panel. FYI I had previously reported this (minor) issue in this thread over here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.