restoring image with 7.0 boot cd

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by gravy, Sep 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gravy

gravy Guest

I have created image of my system partition and when i tried to restore it using boot cd it hangs. I make all the setting and when i press the proceed button nothing happens, no disk activity, nothing. It totally freezes.
    Any help pls

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Gravy --

Please try the following workaround:

Please boot from the Acronis True Image 8.0 rescue disc and press F11 key when the "Starting Acronis Loader..." message appears. After you get the "Linux Kernel Settings" prompt, please add "acpi=off noapic" parameter to the kernel command line being the last one (do not remove the word "quiet") and click on the OK button. That should allow you to boot from CD.

Thank you.

3. rraheja

rraheja Registered Member

I use the Acronis Startup Recovery Manager on my laptop, and pressing F11 when it is loading Acronis does not show the configuration screen at all - just proceeds to load True Image. In fact I have to first press F11 while booting to get into the Acronis Startup Recovery Manager, and then when I select the True Image option and press F11, nothing happens at all. so, is F11 option to set kernel settings only available using the boot disk and not using Startup Recovery Manager?

4. LXC

LXC Registered Member

The TI Recovery Disk boots very quickly (depending on your system) and if you don't press F11 at the same time your system starts to read the TI Rescue Disk you will miss Linux prompt. I don't even see 'Starting Acronis Loader". On my system I can pick the boot drive. After I select the CD room I immediatly press F11 and it works. If you boot from the floppy, which no one does, you will have plenty of time.

- LXC

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.