Political Links: Where To Go

Discussion in 'ten-forward' started by Prince_Serendip, Sep 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Prince_Serendip

Prince_Serendip Registered Member

2. Checkout

Checkout Security Rhinoceros

Also www.globalaffairs.com (though I think this is now .biz but I could be wrong. ZX is a mod there.)

3. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Thanks for your links.
    In that case you might be interested in the news group SpeakIt created several months ago which is not especially only political, but where people can speak out and discuss what they want that which is not always really welcome in other places, in a mature way.
    www.topica.com/lists/Speakit

4. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Hi Prince and all,

Thanks for posting this :).

To set the record straight:

At times, there's a shimmery twilight zone in regard to security/privacy issues and politics; there's no way around that. As long as all is focussed on the securiy/privacy issue primarly, in essence there's no problem in posting over on this board. Our team might intervene in case we feel the need to do so.

That said: we don't have a political forum for purely political issues - that's our choice, and will remain so. Thus, anyone who feels the need to vent political views: this board is not the place to be. In this context your post is much appreciated.

regards.

paul

5. Prince_Serendip

Prince_Serendip Registered Member

:) Hi Paul!

You are most welcome!​

Thank you for making this a Sticky-Topic. I was inspired by the closing of a political thread, the author of which shall remain nameless in this context. It seemed to me that should anyone have the need to vent their political spleen, they should have some means to do so, other than at this board. I am happy you like it!

Best regards from Larry! :)

6. TomNativeNewYorker

TomNativeNewYorker Registered Member

7. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

http://www.dubyadubyadubya.com/

Well worth the waiting, you might have to reload or replay the page to have it all. :rolleyes:

8. sk

sk Registered Member

All I'm getting is a TV with a small box in the upper left hand corner, a 'done' in the status bar, and that's it. o_O

9. sk

sk Registered Member

Well, if you don't mind, I'd like to ask a specific question to see exactly where it falls in terms of what you said. Is it appropriate to post the following question or type of question?

"Do members here feel the proposed Bush administration request that ISP's allow government operatives to have access to private user's accounts will negatively impact one's personal Internet computing security/privacy, or not?"
    (And a follow up, Mr. Moderator :D "And if you feel it will negatively impact one's personal Internet computing security/pricacy, what steps do you think need to be taken under those circumstances?"

Respectfully submitted,
    sk

10. luv2bsecure

luv2bsecure Infrequent Poster

Hello SK!

Your post asking if it would be appropriate to post it is perfectly within the guidelines of Wilders. Yes, it's obviously a political issue. However, it deals directly with Internet security/snooping/privacy. Yes, feel free to post in the "Privacy General" forum.

All the best,
    John
    Luv2BSecure

11. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

The dubya... site needs flashplayer, maybe a reload will help. Worth the trouble of trying it out and allowing such a player.

12. sk

sk Registered Member

Thanks. I thought I had flash player installed. If not, I can get the latest version at the Macromedia site, right?

sk

13. sk

sk Registered Member

Thanks, but it looks as if that subject has more or less already been covered. But at least now I know in which forum to look. :)
    sk

14. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

http://www.counterpunch.org/nimmo01022003.html
    Nice article now about internet security...........

15. sk

sk Registered Member

NOW I got it. Thanks, jooske. (One of the final things that pushed me over the edge to do a full reinstall last week was the fact that no matter what I did I could not install and run flash, and I really wanted to see what you posted. Now I can; very cool link! I also liked the SpeakIt link too.)

sk

16. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Thank you! I created that SpeakIt ng as i was thrown out too often from other groups for telling my truth and i wanted to create a place on internet where people can speak their heart out as long as they do respect and not flame each other. By hiding it somewhat it has not the mass traffic but it is also rather constructive conversation and no waste of time.
    I really like what the people come up with from everywhere, lot is really interesting.

One of the members there posted the dubyadubya link time ago and i like it really, it says it all :)

Glad you have your system working again! The few times i like to allow flash on websites i want to be able to see it. Had the problem myself some time ago too, don't quite remember how i solved it: think by allowing the receiving of email in the internet zone in OE, which has immediate impact on IE too. Strange but true, those are so mixed through one another! And in IE probably allowing some java as well as in the fw playing of animations allowed.
    My problem was really serious that time as i could not see any msagent script anymore from the newsgroups!
    That stupid setting and maybe one more in IE brought it all back to normal and flashplaying :)

17. sk

sk Registered Member

Kewl. For me it was, unfortunately, the re-install route. And yes, I noticed that you were the owner of the site so I figured that meant you started it. I'll IM you with a site-related question so it doesn't throw this thread O/T, but I did want to respond and let you know I followed up on your posts here.

sk

18. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

http://www.takebackthemedia.com/bushnonazi.html
    You're welcome.
    This one does fit in a place for global awareness.

19. dqa

dqa Registered Member

Hi Jooske,

Thanks for that link, I enjoyed it.

dqa

:D :D :D

20. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

You're welcome :)
    You'll probably have to look it various times; if you click on the home (upper right) > movies (upper left button) there are several more...... The whole site has lots of info.
    Hope it shakes people awake and aware.

21. solarpowered candle

solarpowered candle Registered Member

WOW Thankz Joosky

22. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

It's not my habit to promote anything not software or computer related here, but i noticed several forum members visit the SpeakIt newsgroup set up to speak your heart out where the main item at the moment is mostly political, but it spares Wilders some bandwidth. Thanks for who found it already or are going to soon.
    www.topica.com/lists/SpeakIt ; you can read on line if you want, i kept the archives open, only for posting there or receiving the people's postings in your email a (free) subscription is necessary.
    I can't promise it's always fun, but now the times are hardening, and free speech is certainly a subject.
    Let's keep eyes open for all aspects of our security.

23. jamming

jamming Guest

"Take back the media" and "dubyadubya" are really not places of the quality of discussion that takes place at "Global Affairs". Comparing the two to "Global" is sort of like getting the governments view of an issue versus the in depth discussion with a lot of points from both sides.

24. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

http://www.warprecords.com/
    Latest speech, allow sound, speakers on.

25. sk

sk Registered Member

Too f*ckin funny, jooske!
    (Sad, but funny nonetheless. lol)

sk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.