Image Restore Problem

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by lonnic, Aug 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lonnic

lonnic Registered Member

I am a newby on this forum, so I will say hello and hope someone can help point me in the right direction.
    I have a Sony RZ54G desktop with a humongous HD which is divided into "C" partition - the active one, and "D" partition. My os is windows xp digital media edition.
    I installed Acronis 7.0 build 627 to help with backup when I have to restore the "C" partition.
    The first part went fine. I created an image which I stored on the "D" partition with no problem. I created a boot CD as well which claims to be fine.
    When I went to restore, I ran into problems. Acronis said to run through windows, so I did so. I was then told to close all open programs. There was a list with no way to close them, so I used task manager to close what I could. That was insufficient, and I was told to reboot through Acronis (still in windows - no boot CD). I did so, and it promptly disabled my mouse so I had very limited control. I got through the screens using pageup, pagedown and arrow keys, but could not select my image file without the mouse.
    Has anyone else had this problem, and if so, what can be done about it.
    I really like Acronis' features, but need to get through this.

Thanks much for any help and advice.

lonnic

PS. If there is anyone who can give a newby a tutorial suitable for a 5 year old, I would appreciate that too.

2. rharris270

rharris270 Guest

When I restore the partition with the operating system one it I always use the bootable CD. That seems to work very well.

3. lonnic

lonnic Registered Member

Thanks for the info. I will try with the boot disk next time.

lonnic

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Actually using the boot disk is exactly the same thing as you reboot from Windows when restoring the system partition -- the same files are used in the same sequence.
    In other words if you have problems after rebooting to restore a partition from Windows, then most probably you will impact the same problems when you boot from rescue media.

In this case I can recommend the following:
    - Update the software at http://www.acronis.com/support/updates/ and re-create the rescue media.
    - If the problem persists, then contact Acronis support at support@acronis.com.

You can use the following keys to navigate through controls:
    Arrow keys, Tab, Enter, Space, Alt-<letter> (where letter is underlined in the control label text, e.g. you can press Alt-N for the Next button).
    Using these keys you can restore an image even if your mouse is not working (or you don't have it at all).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.